Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My name is Paul I have an jd x300 42" mower with 100 hours on it, and I would just like to say John Deere Green is my favorite color and song. I do have some questions I'm itching to ask, but I'll do that on another thread. See youall on the fix-it pages

·
Premium Member
18,931 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

:wgtt:

·
Registered
2,416 Posts

From CT

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
43,452 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Hi there fellow newbie !

I just joined today too. With the winter coming I feel a whole lot of questions coming on for the more experienced guys out there ! I have bought a 1023E with a 60" deck and a 54" plow. I added a TSC Carry-All which has been awesome already ( sprayed it JD green and added some decals, I'm a little OCD like that ). I have a 40% grade driveway so looking for any best tips for snow ploughing, I'm thinking of a salt bin on the Carry-All for weight and to sprinkle some sand and salt, maybe rear tire chains ?

·
Registered
2,287 Posts
I just joined today too. With the winter coming I feel a whole lot of questions coming on for the more experienced guys out there ! I have bought a 1023E with a 60" deck and a 54" plow. I added a TSC Carry-All which has been awesome already ( sprayed it JD green and added some decals, I'm a little OCD like that ). I have a 40% grade driveway so looking for any best tips for snow ploughing, I'm thinking of a salt bin on the Carry-All for weight and to sprinkle some sand and salt, maybe rear tire chains ?
As always, we need pictures.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
4,927 Posts

Oh boy another New Yorker :yahoo: - and another Marylander :good2:

Welcome from New York.

Reactions: Levi

·
Registered
32 Posts
My new ride ( plough fitted today ) !

Trying to attach a picture, not sure how to yet. I finally worked out how to fit my quick-hitch today and get my plough attached, ready for winter. Once I'd worked out how the adapter fits to the front of the tractor it was easy. I found that if I flipped the yellow and black hoses, the angle control on the blade worked more intuitively for left to right, anyone else done that ? As the cylinders and lines are now full of oil, I guess I need to check the hydraulic oil level and top it up ?

By the way, I'm using an iPad, how do I attach some pictures ? (Tried using the little icon, not sure if this will work though )

Land vehicle Vehicle Agricultural machinery Tractor Transport

Attachments

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
11,289 Posts
woodbutcher01 and PhilEnglish :wgtt: from Tn. Liked the pics. It's now time to have some fun...I mean get to work.

·
Premium Member
3,966 Posts
Trying to attach a picture, not sure how to yet. I finally worked out how to fit my quick-hitch today and get my plough attached, ready for winter. Once I'd worked out how the adapter fits to the front of the tractor it was easy. I found that if I flipped the yellow and black hoses, the angle control on the blade worked more intuitively for left to right, anyone else done that ? As the cylinders and lines are now full of oil, I guess I need to check the hydraulic oil level and top it up ?

By the way, I'm using an iPad, how do I attach some pictures ? (Tried using the little icon, not sure if this will work though )

View attachment 35001
If using a iPad you will want to get the TapaTalk app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
:gtfam:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts