·
Corndog Hater
11,793 Posts
Welcome Dave! Those 55 series compacts are solid machines. :good2:

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Welcome Dave!

Hope you enjoy the fields of green here. Hey, how about a pic of that machine of yours?

·
Registered
72 Posts
had a bunch of hits, chineese food makes me sick, I think fly when girls go away for the summer, for the summer :morning2:

·
Registered
280 Posts
Welcome to the forum !!

·
Super Moderator
5,624 Posts
WELCOME TO DT Dave:thumbup1gif:

Greg

·
Registered
304 Posts
Welcome to the site Dave! These guys are great (and a little crazy :laugh: ).

I'm sure you'll have a fine time here, and yes, we need pics.

BTW... great name too. :lol:

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

Hello , Just bought this from my local town as a surplus machine. Lot of hours on it. They, like everyone else are short of funds. It has been sitting for about 5 years unused. I changed all filters and fluids including the diesel tank. I never realized fuel could go bad. Almost smelled like bad gas. Anyway, I did not get an operators manual yet but found a few problems. One, the motor smokes quite a bit but clears up after running a while. Two the PTO doesn't work.The control on the left fender was moving through all three positions but now wont go way down. Hopefulyl it is just linkage. Will let you know what I find. Any recommendations?? Dave

·
Administrator
18,471 Posts
Any recommendations?? Dave
Yes Dave, two of them.

1) Get the manuals, including the Technical Manual on CD for your new machine. None are published online, I just checked.

2) Register (for Free) and learn to use www.jdparts.com . It is the same basic system the guys at the parts counter use, I have a link in my signature if you need help with it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
had a bunch of hits, chineese food makes me sick, I think fly when girls go away for the summer, for the summer :morning2:
As much as I hate to admit I know this...the line is from "Summer Girls" by LFO...not a New Kid(s) on the Block song...:munch:

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
As much as I hate to admit I know this...the line is from "Summer Girls" by LFO...not a New Kid(s) on the Block song...:munch:
I'm glad you sort of explained that.....I was thinking Jefferey had one too many hits himself :lol:

1 - 12 of 12 Posts