Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We got a very good interview with the Kubota product manager.

I think Levi and Dieselshadow were about to defect on the spot!

Unfortunately, the video focuses on us more than on the tractor. ...I guess you could see what Christy thought was important!
Anyway, Robert shares some great information on the new BX line. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
Great interview/video by all 4 of you. We looked at the kubota I thought closely but none of us noticed the reclining seat back. I just assumed it wouldn't have it, sure hope Deere takes note of that. I don't expect it to be a freebie with a JD, I will happily pay for it if they would just give me the option. I have owned Kubota's but all of them were mid to late 90's and early/mid 2000 models, Kubota has clearly come a long way since then. I received excellent service from the kubota tractors I owned and although I maintained them by the book, I treated those tractors extremely rough. Always running them at and often far over their stated capacity, they sucked it up and took the abuse like a champ. I don't see myself turning away from green, but it is very nice to see kubota stepping up and addressing the items I considered issues that turned me towards John Deere.

·
Registered
1,928 Posts
Hmm. I could really use a backhoe. Kubota dealer 1.2 miles from my house. If my 1025r has the mower and all the other attachments already, I could get a 23s as a dedicated TLB. Two tractors are better than one right? Although adding a backhoe to 1025r probably cheaper than a 23s.

Nice video guys. Informative and insightful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hmm. I could really use a backhoe. Kubota dealer 1.2 miles from my house. If my 1025r has the mower and all the other attachments already, I could get a 23s as a dedicated TLB. Two tractors are better than one right? Although adding a backhoe to 1025r probably cheaper than a 23s.

Nice video guys. Informative and insightful.

2 is definitely better than one!

·
Registered
3,831 Posts
It's just something how each one tries to one up the other each year.

·
Registered
21,428 Posts
I've never seen a Kubota tractor in person so this was a nice little primer. From what Tim brought up it looks like they are stepping up their game. Loved the cab option - but I just can't see a cab without A/C - which I know would probably be difficult with these small tractors.

There is a Kubota dealer 65 miles away vs. 90 for a Deere dealer..........

Edit to add: just went to look at these tractors on their website - nothing. Did a Google search and all that comes up is this thread. I guess maybe we are more passionate about our green than the others are about their orange?

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
I've never seen a Kubota tractor in person so this was a nice little primer. From what Tim brought up it looks like they are stepping up their game. Loved the cab option - but I just can't see a cab without A/C - which I know would probably be difficult with these small tractors.

There is a Kubota dealer 65 miles away vs. 90 for a Deere dealer..........

Edit to add: just went to look at these tractors on their website - nothing. Did a Google search and all that comes up is this thread. I guess maybe we are more passionate about our green than the others are about their orange?
Here ya go coaltrain~ https://kubota.ca/en/products/power-equipment/tractors/bx80

·
Hey, I want a title too!
3,675 Posts
Thanks Zach - I guess you can only buy them in Canada......
Funny, why would Kubota make the original press release back in Oct '16 in their soon to be new home in TX, then not have them available on their website?

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,192 Posts
I think Levi and Dieselshadow were about to defect on the spot!
Unfortunately, the video focuses on us more than on the tractor. ...I guess you could see what Christy thought was important!
Anyway, Robert shares some great information on the new BX line. Enjoy!
Wow Tim, I didn't know you're trying out for the comedy club. :lolol: :lolol:

Christy knew there wasn't much else. The cab had good weather stripping on the doors but the one thing I liked about that tractor was the seat. I'll leave it at that. :munch:

·
Registered
40 Posts
Looked at one last week at the local dealer. Single point hydraulics and seat are nice features.

Moving the loader joystick was a wise move.

Not sure on the steel as a selling feature but man was the salesman praising it.

If they got rid of the treadle pedal I'd be considering it. But suited up for snow clearing I can just imagine what a PITA it will be.

·
Registered
2,750 Posts
Man, i really like that one point hydraulic disconnect.
And that cab.
I've always liked Kubota tractors. If these new features were available when i bought the 1025 it would of made a tougher decision.
No change of the peddle yet?

·
Registered
371 Posts
Kubota sells a ton of BX tractors. I would guess that they sell more than all other sub compacts, combined. Out of the 600+ sets of stabilizers that I've built, 98% of them have been for Kubota tractors, with the bulk being for BX's.

I've got respect for Kubota tractors, but the one thing that I chose Green over Orange for is position control. My B7100 drove me nuts without it, and there wasn't a small tractor in their lineup, that fit my budget, that came with it. Do the new 80 series tractors now come with position control? I know that the older BX's don't.

I have fond memories of my B7100, but I like my 790 more.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
This is what I love about the free market and manufactures that are in tune with what people are saying. Step by step these little SCUTS improve. Let's see what JD does to out do some of these features.

These are my first impressions on what I think I like:

1. The single point hydraulics for the loader.
  2. The forward tilt one piece hood; while on my 1026 I don't mind pulling the side panels, I do it frequently. Although I have grown to appreciate the plastic on my 1026 because of how many times it has been hit and scratched it would have been dented pretty good if metal and the scratches I have incurred could be prone to rusting. Nonetheless, I like the one piece.
  3. The seat looks very comfortable, the tilt feature would be handy when you shut down in the middle of the field to have a cool one and want to lean back a little, :drinks:. But arm rests are a must for me which is one reason I like my 1026, the seat is great.
  4. I really like the lower height on the ROPS, that might prevent people from removing or leaving them folded; most of you know I am a firm believer in ROPS.
  5. From the website it states that there are twin pedals so that is a HUGE improvement for Kubota.
  6. It also has tilt steering, I would be curious to see if it is more solid than the system JD put on the 1026 which is flimsy and loose in my opinion.
  7. There is no rating on the PTO HP on the website but when I downloaded the brochure it states it is 19.5 on the BX2680, that is better than my 1026 which I always say it is about 1.5 HP short on the PTO.

Overall, nice to see some features that JD will have to recon with.

Thanks for posting the video Tim, and I see our star Levi is back for a cameo appearance together with Diesel. :good2:.

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
From the website it states that there are twin pedals so that is a HUGE improvement for Kubota.
They do have two pedals, but it's the same old treadle pedal design with only the ends sticking up through the floor. You do not have the two pedals side by side for directional control as the JD's do.

·
Premium Member
2,884 Posts
They do have two pedals, but it's the same old treadle pedal design with only the ends sticking up through the floor. You do not have the two pedals side by side for directional control as the JD's do.
You see, all those nice features will stay on the show room floor for me as long as the pedals are not side by side.

·
Premium Member
14,083 Posts
Just mixing some apples in with this orange green mix..

JD does offer a reclining seat on the x738 it isn't much but I have used it in several different positions several times over the past year.:dunno:

I know it's a shame JD couldn't put this on the 1025R. Haven't looked at the design to see if parts would fit the 1025r seat. Knowing JD NOT...:lol:

·
Premium Member
10,907 Posts
If they got rid of the treadle pedal I'd be considering it. But suited up for snow clearing I can just imagine what a PITA it will be.
I agree that for the majority of work the two pedals are more comfortable. But... there is one task for which I think the treadle pedal could be better. That is plowing snow in reverse with a rear blade or rear mounted snow blower. Trying to turn around on the seat in the tight confines of the operator station while pressing the right pedal forward can sometimes be very uncomfortable.

With the treadle pedal you can turn around in the seat and the rear of the pedal is right there below your foot.

Unfortunately that's about the only situation in which it would be more comfortable.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,192 Posts
Just mixing some apples in with this orange green mix..

JD does offer a reclining seat on the x738 it isn't much but I have used it in several different positions several times over the past year.:dunno:

I know it's a shame JD couldn't put this on the 1025R. Haven't looked at the design to see if parts would fit the 1025r seat. Knowing JD NOT...:lol:
I've looked at this and from what I've seen it's a direct swap where it attach's to the floor board. It's the 300+ price tag I have a hard time getting around. My feelings about the Kubota is what I told Tim. You get what you pay for. Like I said, I did like the seat.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts