Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Corndog Hater
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've mentioned here and there that we were getting new counter tops in the kitchen. There was nothing wrong with the ones that were in there and they were 27 years old. With all the counter space we have, we didn't even bother pricing solid surface counters (we are cheap). These new counters are Wilsonart HD laminate. The stainless steel sink was also 27 years old and was leaking and needed all new plumbing and the faucet was shot too. Yes, we could have just fixed that stuff, but we have been saving our pennies and were ready for a new look. We opted for the undermount stainless steel single bowl sink. We are so happy with the new counters and sink. Mrs CP also wanted a new table top, so we had them make us one to match the counters. It turned out great. She is going to recover the seat cushions and paint the chairs and the table legs. We want to add a back splash of some sort, but haven't decided if we want to paint the walls first. The outlets and covers will be replaced too. Also, there is a desk to the right of the "horseshoe", which adds to the total area of the counter surface. After 11 years of living here and doing so much outside, it is nice to finally be making some updates to the inside. Pics to follow........

·
Registered
12,290 Posts
CP-looking great--i bet Mrs CP is so....................happy:yahoo::lolol:

·
Premium Member
2,899 Posts
That turned out so nice, I sure like it!! :bigthumb:

·
Corndog Hater
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
CP-looking great--i bet Mrs CP is so....................happy:yahoo::lolol:
She sure does! Funny as I am the resident chef and probably use the kitchen more than she does. I'm also gunning for some under the cabinet lighting.:good2:

·
Premium Member
14,714 Posts
Nothing wrong with with the new look. :bigthumb::bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
1,933 Posts
The countertops look great, very nice upgrade!

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts
CP . . . That's new kitchen looks great, seems you've 'kicked it up' a notch or two. :thumbup1gif: Now that under counter lighting. I added it to our years ago and it's the best when working at the counters, go figure. :laugh:

We'd like to see pic's once you complete the lighting, don't forget . . . :nunu::nunu:

·
Registered
5,429 Posts
Had to hide this post

Before:

After:

LOL, my wife walked by and I had to quickly hide this. It looks so good, I'd probably be going down the kitchen remodel road. We are getting ready to redo the floor but might not be ready for new cabinets, countertop etc. We need it, just not ready to plunk down the :gizmo: .

Yours sure looks good though, makes me want to update our tired kitchen.

Treefarmer

·
Registered
825 Posts
That stainless undermount sink looks very sharp. We are also in the middle of a intense refacing, new doors/drawer fronts, added crown moulding, granite, pro painter, new flooring, rebuild pantry. Fast food and doing dishes by hand in the laundry room is getting old!!

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
That looks great CP! I like everything about it and especially the sink; it's eye-catching. I've never seen one like that (I don't visit many kitchens) but I bet in addition to looking good, it makes cleaning the counter-tops a snap. Very nice!

·
Registered
11,887 Posts
Nice, Jamie. Are you going to stain the cabinet braces to match the cabinets?

Actually when I saw the first picture, I thought to myself, that looks pretty nice. Then I saw the before caption.:hide:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,414 Posts
I bet he does and you'll never see 'em. :munch:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
11,256 Posts
Good job. :thumbup1gif: Looks great, CP.

Mrs.FW has been wanting a appliance garage for a while. When we update the kitchen, I'll have to install one.
I installed the same faucet last year. She loves it.

·
Premium Member
5,067 Posts

Actually when I saw the first picture, I thought to myself, that looks pretty nice. Then I saw the before caption.:hide:

I bet he does and you'll never see 'em. :munch:

I'd suggest painting them in a camo pattern. You just can't see camo once it drys. :laugh::laugh:

·
Corndog Hater
11,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CP . . . That's new kitchen looks great, seems you've 'kicked it up' a notch or two. :thumbup1gif: Now that under counter lighting. I added it to our years ago and it's the best when working at the counters, go figure. :laugh:

We'd like to see pic's once you complete the lighting, don't forget . . . :nunu::nunu:
You've got it Marlin......care to make any suggestions?:unknown:

LOL, my wife walked by and I had to quickly hide this. It looks so good, I'd probably be going down the kitchen remodel road. We are getting ready to redo the floor but might not be ready for new cabinets, countertop etc. We need it, just not ready to plunk down the :gizmo: .

Yours sure looks good though, makes me want to update our tired kitchen.

Treefarmer
Truth be told, this started out as a cabinet upgrade. Mrs. CP detests the cathedral arch pattern in the upper cabinet doors. The cabinets are Kraft Maid and of course after 27 years, the finish and door pattern are long gone. So we were given a price of $3400 to replace ALL the drawer fronts and cabinet doors in a finish that would nearly match the existing. Mrs. CP decided she didn't hate the upper doors that much.:lol: We also wouldn't mind a slight reconfigure of some of the cabinets and some upgrades like soft close hinges, etc. We were told at that point, we would be close to the cost of all new cabinets and drawers. So we decided to just do the counters (which were about half the cost of the drawer front and cabinet door replacement) and wait on the cabinets. We will be able to keep these new counters if we do the cabinets down the road.

I can't say that I've ever seen the edge treatment with laminate before. :good2:
We were given a choice of this, bull nose, or a bevel edge. We really like this edge treatment too:good2:

1 - 20 of 53 Posts