Green Tractor Talk banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
161 - 180 of 200 Posts

·
Registered
434 Posts
This little squabble here is nothing compared to what might happen in Texas now that Tesla is moving their headquarters there from CA. Once the EV folks get settled in next to the oil barons and Elon Musk meets JR Ewing who knows what could happen.

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
Why do you presume that the private sector will abandon its domination of the vehicle charging enterprize?
I didn't. I'm against the gov pouring billions of dollars into something that just isn't there yet. Private sector will take over when enough people/profit can be made

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
Get used to it. Climate Change and all. Humans must shift the paradigm or perish. So, your leaf blower or your grandchildren’s wellbeing? Choose.
Too bad all of the "climate change" is coming from places other than the US.

You know, the ones that make most of what we use in the USA, including the batteries for our climate-saving electric tools as well as our "green" wind and solar components.

Anyway, too bad we can't have a US where people who feel one way live in happiness and let the rest of us the he-double-ell alone instead of trying to force their environmental religion on the rest of us.

Oh, you guys planning on a few more San Onofres to fuel this "green" revolution?

·
Registered
67 Posts
I didn't. I'm against the gov pouring billions of dollars into something that just isn't there yet. Private sector will take over when enough people/profit can be made
Incentives play an overly large role in moving the “private sector”.

Too bad all of the "climate change" is coming from places other than the US.

You know, the ones that make most of what we use in the USA, including the batteries for our climate-saving electric tools as well as our "green" wind and solar components.

Anyway, too bad we can't have a US where people who feel one way live in happiness and let the rest of us the he-double-ell alone instead of trying to force their environmental religion on the rest of us.

Oh, you guys planning on a few more San Onofres to fuel this "green" revolution?
Funny. You say “we” (whoever that is) push “environmental religion” on the rest of you. Dude, we are killing the planet. That is not religion (mythology); climate change it is scientific fact. It is a catastrophe for human occupancy on this planet. I do, however, wish that biblethumpers would leave their weird beliefs out of the scientific crisis we currently face. We might make some progress that way.

This little squabble here is nothing compared to what might happen in Texas now that Tesla is moving their headquarters there from CA. Once the EV folks get settled in next to the oil barons and Elon Musk meets JR Ewing who knows what could happen.
Tesla moved for tax evasion purposes only. Thanks, Texas, for helping to drown our government in the bathtub.

·
Registered
3,628 Posts
So

What is the plan Sir?

·
Registered
67 Posts
So

What is the plan Sir?
If you were asking me, the plan is to move to renewable energy as quickly as possible. Leave fossil fuels for critical needs. And, no, our 4 wheelers are not critical (I have two electric ATV’s and a super capable electric side by side). When Henry Ford opened his Model A factory, wheelrights and buggy whip makers thought the world was coming to an end. If humanity is to succeed it must embrace a paradigm shift in how it uses energy. The alternative is catastrophy.

As I see it we are at step 2a of the five step plan.😂
There are methods to improve vision, if that is an issue.

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
And, no, our 4 wheelers are not critical (I have two electric ATV’s and a super capable electric side by side)
I don't disagree that we need to keep our planet healthy. It's how people think certain things are going to help when in fact they are just a drop in the ocean of pollution.

One container ship produces more pollutants than 50 million cars. Just 15 produce more than all vehicles on earth. How about we produce more stuff here in the us and cut down on needing to import it from China. Maybe mandate something on the shipping business instead of my chainsaw. Bring back manufacturers to the US. There was a guy big on that.....hmmm don't want to shut down the thread.

·
Registered
3,617 Posts
I don't disagree that we need to keep our planet healthy. It's how people go think certain things are going to help when in fact they are just a drop in the ocean of pollution.

One container ship produces more pollutants than 50 million cars. Just 15 produce more than all vehicles on earth. How about we produce more stuff here in the us and cut down on needing to import it from China. Maybe mandate something on the shipping business instead of my chainsaw. Bring back manufacturers to the US. There was a guy big on that.....hmmm don't want to shut down the thread.
I've always said that if we produced cars that could clean the air we would still not be able to clean up what the place that most of the container ships travel to for junk products. I agree Big.

john Deere 1025R
loader
backhoe
47 in tiller
47 blower
5ft landscape rake
10 KW pto generator
Sent from my SM-N976V using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Tesla moved for tax evasion purposes only. Thanks, Texas, for helping to drown our government in the bathtub.
You clearly don’t know the definition of “tax evasion”

Moving your company’s HQ to a different state is hardly tax evasion. Here’s a definition of tax evasion from Cornell Law School website
-Tax evasion is using illegal means to avoid paying taxes. Typically, tax evasion schemes involve an individual or corporation misrepresenting their income to the Internal Revenue Service. Misrepresentation may take the form either of underreporting income, inflating deductions, or hiding money and its interest altogether in offshore accounts.

·
Registered
2,280 Posts
Funny. You say “we” (whoever that is) push “environmental religion” on the rest of you. Dude, we are killing the planet. That is not religion (mythology); climate change it is scientific fact. It is a catastrophe for human occupancy on this planet. I do, however, wish that biblethumpers would leave their weird beliefs out of the scientific crisis we currently face. We might make some progress that way.
Do you have an example or two of “Biblethumpers weird beliefs” that are interfering with the scientific crisis (define that too please) we currently face?

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
The only "thumping" I predict here is the modetators' ban hammer...
Or a move to off topic though it is tractor related.

The OP posted information that applies to each of us.

I'm thick skinned enough that I don't mind being called names or the allegations of such.

·
Registered
2,096 Posts
California is a beautiful state, it has a lot going for it. The air pollution is real LA being one of the worst areas. They have a lot of natural things going on that tend to trap the pollution, like inversion layers.

The other problem is people that don’t live there perceive a bunch of nuts live there, to some degree that reputation is earned, but like someone else said, most are just regular people.

I live in Illinois and another person said we seem to be going down the same road. It’s often Chicago’s fault and there politicians. I grew up in the far west suburbs of Chicago but moved away 40 years ago. There are a lot of downstate haters of the entire Chicago area, give it to Wisconsin. Make it into its own state. I don’t really agree with that attitude but understand it.

I see a lot of people pushing this similar hate on California even though their decisions don’t really affect them. The people in charge are elected officials, they won the majority of the vote. Until the majority of the people in any given state change the way they vote this is going to continue.

Reactions: TyBoo

·
Registered
3,271 Posts
In my opinion reasonable emission regulations have improved air quality in the United States, although there have been some unreasonable and net loss regulations such as current diesel standards. They require mining, refining, and processing of rare minerals, add substantial weight, reduce the lifespan of the engine which used significant resources to produce and killed the diesel fuel economy advantage over petrol. And I will mention that a high percentage of reliability problems leading to warranty and off warranty repairs for diesel owners are emission related and can cost significant dollars to remedy.

If the government really wanted to assist with "the plan" they would help rebuild the power generation and distribution infrastructure before they forced everyone to just add significantly more load onto the current structure.

There are no zero emission power storage devices.
The emissions are merely relocated to mines, smelters, refiners and power generation facilities which seem to be out of sight of the Tesla drivers claiming they are saving their grandchildren and the planet by not polluting.

In my view if we overburden power distribution into unreliability and steal money from my salary with threats of force (tax's) to implement regulations which planned out as poorly as our Afghanistan withdrawal then we are harming me now and disturbing the life of many Americans by disrupting the reliability of electric power, winter heating and food storage refrigeration.

·
Registered
67 Posts
One container ship produces more pollutants than 50 million cars. Just 15 produce more than all vehicles on earth.

Please cite a credible source for that statemenr.

Bring back manufacturers to the US. There was a guy big on that.....hmmm don't want to shut down the thread.
yeah, that worked out well, right? Carrier, and others, took the dough and moved to Mexico anyway.

·
Registered
1,006 Posts
In my opinion reasonable emission regulations have improved air quality in the United States, although there have been some unreasonable and net loss regulations such as current diesel standards. They require mining, refining, and processing of rare minerals, add substantial weight, reduce the lifespan of the engine which used significant resources to produce and killed the diesel fuel economy advantage over petrol. And I will mention that a high percentage of reliability problems leading to warranty and off warranty repairs for diesel owners are emission related and can cost significant dollars to remedy.

If the government really wanted to assist with "the plan" they would help rebuild the power generation and distribution infrastructure before they forced everyone to just add significantly more load onto the current structure.

There are no zero emission power storage devices.
The emissions are merely relocated to mines, smelters, refiners and power generation facilities which seem to be out of sight of the Tesla drivers claiming they are saving their grandchildren and the planet by not polluting.

In my view if we overburden power distribution into unreliability and steal money from my salary with threats of force (tax's) to implement regulations which planned out as poorly as our Afghanistan withdrawal then we are harming me now and disturbing the life of many Americans by disrupting the reliability of electric power, winter heating and food storage refrigeration.
Remember that in many areas the "smart grid" are mandates. I didn't have a choice and due to a lack of economical natural gas (rural issue) my <>2000 SF house has high-cost electric heat.

As Herminator noted earlier the fact that at least somewhere in the world there is discussion on restricting the "refueling" of electric vehicles due to the inadequacy of the grid at peak power.

Given the history of brownouts in some locations one can easily presume that the smart grid will make it easy to "throttle back" those who don't meet some regulatory power consumption profile.

The fanatical fervor of the secular religion of environmentalism coupled to the lure of trillions of dollars of tax and regulatory juice being taken from one group and passed to another seems to be totally ignoring the frailty of the aging grid.

·
Premium Member
4,060 Posts
yeah, that worked out well, right? Carrier, and others, took the dough and moved to Mexico anyway.
That's the only thing you cared to respond to? Not the facts of the container ships?

161 - 180 of 200 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.