Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. I'm a new member (and this is my first post) and a new owner of a 2025r. I'm about to order the Artillian 3rd function kit and I'm wondering what options I have to avoid zip-tieing their switch on my loader control lever. I guess there's certainly nothing wrong with zip ties, it will probably work just fine for me...but I feel like I'd prefer something that looks like it came from the factory that way versus something I've added. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with replacing the loader control knob with something that has a built in rocker switch or something like that?

Apologies if this has been discussed in length...I'm still getting familiar with the site.

Thanks in advance for any ideas.
-Steve

·
Registered
583 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,699 Posts

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts
I see a few guys ordering these handles, anybody verify if the switches are waterproof?

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
I installed one. I'll find out if water bothers it eventually. :)

·
Premium Member
1,625 Posts
Hi everyone. I'm a new member (and this is my first post) and a new owner of a 2025r. I'm about to order the Artillian 3rd function kit and I'm wondering what options I have to avoid zip-tieing their switch on my loader control lever. I guess there's certainly nothing wrong with zip ties, it will probably work just fine for me...but I feel like I'd prefer something that looks like it came from the factory that way versus something I've added. Anyone have any thoughts or experience with replacing the loader control knob with something that has a built in rocker switch or something like that?

Apologies if this has been discussed in length...I'm still getting familiar with the site.

-Steve
The knob comes with the WR Long 3rd function kit....

Installing WR Long 3rd Function Hydraulics on 2017 John Deere 2038R - YouTube

Sincerely

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
As cool as those custom knobs are, to me having the button zip-tied to my joystick was not a problem in search of a $65 - $175 solution. I installed mine as per the original design from Artillian. It doesn't look tooooo bad and is comfortable to use with either my index or middle finger. It's never gotten in the way and I've cut the zip-ties close enough that I've never snagged myself on them. Also, my tractor spends more time than I'd like out in the elements and I haven't had a problem with water and that switch.

20190307_113645_resized.jpg

Would I like to have one of the fancy setups? Sure, BUT the problem is that those are cool enough that it would make my tractor even more of a chick-magnet than it already is. :good2:

·
Registered
564 Posts

·
Super Moderator
4,844 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Just got done installing a control grip for my 3rd function about 3 month ago. Here is the thread which i described everything. New joystick handle for the loader valve . I have been able to use the new control grip for plowing snow about 5 times so far with the artillian diverter and the 54" blade. I really like my new set up and would not want to go back to the old way. Money well worth it in my opinion. Now I just need to get a grapple!! If you have any question on the handle, let me know and i would be happy to answer them for you.

·
Premium Member
7,436 Posts
No idea :flag_of_truce::dunno: if it would work...………..but I like the look of the Tee handle from the JD110TLB

·
Administrator
17,098 Posts
No idea :flag_of_truce::dunno: if it would work...………..but I like the look of the Tee handle from the JD110TLB
It works, I had one on my old 4110 and written about it many times. But, you need a machined adapter, and relays since the switches can only handle about 1/10 of an amp current.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I'm not familiar with the Artillian thing so I don't know if you need a single or dual button control.

For a single button momentary function I made my own from a couple of pieces of pipe and a starter button. Sorry for linking to another forum but here is a write up I did on my 3rd function diverter valve setup.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Following up on this nifty eBay knob. So far, it's working great with my Artillian diverter. It has gotten incidentally wet the two times I've hosed off the tractor, no issues so far.

I'll report back as time goes by. I really like that bigger knob compared to stock and the button is in the perfect spot for thumb operations, for me. It's out of the way for normal loader operation. I think that shop came up with a good solution to the zip tied button job.

·
Registered
616 Posts
I installed one. I'll find out if water bothers it eventually. :)

Justin,
How did you run the wire on your 2038r? Thru the boot? Also, is the 10-1.5 thread it comes with the correct thread for the 2-series? Or did you have to modify that?
Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
583 Posts
Just for the record, the post on the joystick for the 2320 is not threaded. I was able to find a metric bolt (I think it was 10mmx1.5mmpitch)that I cut the head off of and drove into the tube. It worked well. Just wanted to let people know that some of the loader joysticks are not threaded.

·
Premium Member
436 Posts
Justin,
How did you run the wire on your 2038r? Thru the boot? Also, is the 10-1.5 thread it comes with the correct thread for the 2-series? Or did you have to modify that?
Thanks in advance.
I think you can see it in this picture, which I took for something else. There are a number of unused cutouts on my console, and I discovered that the little round cut out tightly fit the wiring from artillian, so I poked that up through the console then spliced it to the knob wiring.

I debated putting the splice under the console but I wanted easier access to it if it ever went bad. Under the tape is a proper soldered splice with shrink wrap around it, so I think it'll be fine.

The knob threaded right on.

·
Registered
6 Posts
3rd function 2025R

-Steve
JD just picked up my 2025R, there adding the "new" JD 3rd function system for my AV20 F grapple... :bigthumb:

1 - 20 of 28 Posts