Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From the folks who brought you Lock 'N Lube...

Font Automotive tire Cylinder Engineering Auto part

Automotive lighting Human body Yellow Rim Font

·
Premium Member
7,253 Posts
I got one of those years ago with a tire inflator that has a gauge also in line,, they are nice. The gauge is not accurate but I have never relied on one of those anyway, I have separate professional tire gauges to handle that part, but it gets the pressure close.. I bought it for the adaptor!
Nice tool jay.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,449 Posts

·
Registered
3,001 Posts
Is this Locknflate new? All I can find via google are a couple of pictures and something on facebook, which I don't do. Can you post a link and some pricing info if available. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,229 Posts
Is this Locknflate new? All I can find via google are a couple of pictures and something on facebook, which I don't do. Can you post a link and some pricing info if available. Thanks.
Won't be available until March '22. Nothing on their website as of yet... they introduced it at a show via their Facebook page.

·
Registered
783 Posts
I just aired up at Costco the other day at their new nitrogen fill station. They their fill station had a fitting that looks to be a similar concept but was a heavy chrome plated brass casting. It worked very well and I will be looking at it next time to see if I can find a brand name.

·
Premium Member
17,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I bought a 2 pack of brass locking inflators off eBay for less than 10 bucks.

I gutted and drilled one for bead setting.
Yeah, I have some of those also. You can get them pre-gutted (aka open). Like you, I use those for small tire changing.

·
Premium Member
17,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I just aired up at Costco the other day at their new nitrogen fill station. They their fill station had a fitting that looks to be a similar concept but was a heavy chrome plated brass casting. It worked very well and I will be looking at it next time to see if I can find a brand name.
Hmmm... wonder if they have that at our Costco. What did they charge you for the fill and how did you get all the regular air out of the tire?

·
Premium Member
9,751 Posts
Is it temperature sensitive? Lotta hot air around here 😁

·
Registered
27,797 Posts
Jgayman - thanks for posting this.

Because of my arthritic body parts I have a heck of a time trying to hold a regular chuck on the tire stems. I’ve tried numerous types that are supposed to lock on to the threads but they all leak.

Looking forward to this - hope you will update the thread when they become available.

Just another thing to help satisfy my OCDness.

·
Premium Member
3,701 Posts
I have used the Milton tire chucks with the gripped head. they lock on and work great.

Reactions: coaltrain

·
Premium Member
2020 1025R, 120R, 54D
4,229 Posts
The advantage I see with the LocknFlate is it has 360° locking on the stem. Most available today only have one lock tab, and they're not always able to lock on properly.

Will that justify the higher price the the LnF is going to have? Not sure. And it obviously won't work anywhere an angled coupler is required.

·
Registered
783 Posts
Hmmm... wonder if they have that at our Costco. What did they charge you for the fill and how did you get all the regular air out of the tire?
It is free, but does not offer a way to do a complete exchange. I believe they installed these to reduce the interaction with their techs for topping off Costco installed tires. It is a fairly cool contraption. You set the target pressure, connect hose using the latching coupler and stay hands off. When it hits the target pressure, the control unit beeps to tell you to remove the chuck. All of the Costco locations in my area (that I have visited) have these added recently.

https://hip2save.com/2020/05/29/costco-membership-perk-free-nitrogen-tire-refills/

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Will it work on them stupid TPMS wannabe chrome valve stems.......what a PITA.

Changeing tires with them in the wheel is a real treat.

Not to mention these large wheels that DON'T fit on an old School Coats Machine...No amount of shims will bring joy.

Things used to be simple.

·
Premium Member
17,254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
It is free, but does not offer a way to do a complete exchange. I believe they installed these to reduce the interaction with their techs for topping off Costco installed tires. It is a fairly cool contraption. You set the target pressure, connect hose using the latching coupler and stay hands off. When it hits the target pressure, the control unit beeps to tell you to remove the chuck. All of the Costco locations in my area (that I have visited) have these added recently.

https://hip2save.com/2020/05/29/costco-membership-perk-free-nitrogen-tire-refills/

Cool! I'll have to see if our Costco has one yet. I guess you could sit there and let a lot of air out of your tires and then re-inflate with the nitrogen. A little leftover regular air won't hurt much. I had nitrogen in the tires of my last car and it was nice not having to constantly adjust my tires for hot and cold weather. Like now, my tires were fine for summer but with these cold snaps they are needing a few pounds.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.