Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been wishing I had a swivel on my Lock 'N Lube coupler that is attached to a Milwaukee M18 grease gun but it generates 10,000 PSI and most swivels are only rated for 3500-4000 PSI.

Lock 'N Lube just came out with a new swivel that is rated for 10,000 PSI. It is model number LNL231 ($10.99).

I've been using the LNL with the swivel for a few weeks now and it really makes getting into tight places easier. I even gave it the torture test which is greasing the front axle pivot on my 2720 as the tolerance is so tight that it seems like the grease gun hose will explode before the joint starts taking grease. It built up lots of pressure and the swivel did just fine.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
I've been wishing I had a swivel on my Lock 'N Lube coupler that is attached to a Milwaukee M18 grease gun but it generates 10,000 PSI and most swivels are only rated for 3500-4000 PSI.

Lock 'N Lube just came out with a new swivel that is rated for 10,000 PSI. It is model number LNL231 ($10.99).

I've been using the LNL with the swivel for a few weeks now and it really makes getting into tight places easier. I even gave it the torture test which is greasing the front axle pivot on my 2720 as the tolerance is so tight that it seems like the grease gun hose will explode before the joint starts taking grease. It built up lots of pressure and the swivel did just fine.
Jgay, does that go between a lock and lube tip and the hose so it can swivel while I’m using it? My grease gun is the dewalt cordless.

·
Premium Member
12,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Jgay, does that go between a lock and lube tip and the hose so it can swivel while I’m using it? My grease gun is the dewalt cordless.
Yes... between the hose and LNL. It is standard 1/8" NPT threads. On the Milwaukee, the end of the hose that goes on the gun is not 1/8" NPT. I suspect the DeWalt is probably the same. It's one reason you can't use a standard hose on the M18 grease gun and visa versa.

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
As always, thanks again Jgay for great info

·
Registered
1,092 Posts
Recieved my two lock and lube swivels. I put one on my John Deere gun. When I was picking up service supplies, I asked one of the old time techs to pick me out a gun that he would get, hence, my JD gun. Very happy with it. I put a lock and lube 10k psi swivel where the hose meets the gun, works great. I specifically use this for infamous zerk that you have to go thru that hole. Just to note, I have greased this zerk every time I wanted to with no problems. I might have to turn things a bit but offset zerk is Acssesable.

I glanced at my dewalt cordless grease gun and saw the hose fitting looked larger, not the 1/8” zerk coupler but the fitting where hose meets gun. I was wondering if any one has put a swivel there as opposed to the zerk end of the hose. It also looks like it’s tight to get a wrench to get a purchase on that end of the hose. I could always put it on the zerk end of the hose but the lock and lube takes up enough tech real estate on that end. It’s also nice to have the swivel right off the gun allowing turning the hose when you want. I also avoid the tip locking on to a zerk buy loosening ti and/or turning hose.

Would appreciate any comments if any of you guys have added a gun based 10k psi swivel to a dewalt.

One done, one to go. Will post pics. Thanks Don

·
Premium Member
12,682 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Recieved my two lock and lube swivels. I put one on my John Deere gun. When I was picking up service supplies, I asked one of the old time techs to pick me out a gun that he would get, hence, my JD gun. Very happy with it. I put a lock and lube 10k psi swivel where the hose meets the gun, works great. I specifically use this for infamous zerk that you have to go thru that hole. Just to note, I have greased this zerk every time I wanted to with no problems. I might have to turn things a bit but offset zerk is Acssesable.

I glanced at my dewalt cordless grease gun and saw the hose fitting looked larger, not the 1/8” zerk coupler but the fitting where hose meets gun. I was wondering if any one has put a swivel there as opposed to the zerk end of the hose. It also looks like it’s tight to get a wrench to get a purchase on that end of the hose. I could always put it on the zerk end of the hose but the lock and lube takes up enough tech real estate on that end. It’s also nice to have the swivel right off the gun allowing turning the hose when you want. I also avoid the tip locking on to a zerk buy loosening ti and/or turning hose.

Would appreciate any comments if any of you guys have added a gun based 10k psi swivel to a dewalt.

One done, one to go. Will post pics. Thanks Don
All the information I can find seems to indicate that the DeWalt cordless grease gun uses standard 1/8-inch NPT couplers. I even see couplers listed on the DeWalt website.

However, I did find a thread on GTT about installing a LNL on the DeWalt gun that seemed to indicate removing the factory coupler from the DeWalt hose can be confusing.

https://www.greentractortalk.com/forums/tools-equipment/134050-need-advice-installing-locknlube-coupler-new-dewalt-grease-gun.html

Reactions: Firemark
1 - 6 of 6 Posts