Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Saturday, my neighbor/buddy and I each brought home new X370’s.
Twins! Mazel Tov!
Anyway, we bought the mowers, snowblower attachments, weather cab enclosure for the winter, and rear baggers. We went during the dealers open house, so we got a pretty good deal. Saturday, since it was raining, we rented a U-Haul 6x12 enclosed trailer and headed off to the dealer. We had to make 2 trips, as there was no way to squeeze both tractors, plus the snowblowers, plus the big boxes. No big deal, we had all day to do it. We got everything unloaded, returned the U-Haul, and were back in the garage to set them up by 2:00. We did spend quite a bit of extra time at the dealer, chatting with the GM and sales guy, and we had a couple hot dogs. The dealer was great (North Country Tractor-Pembroke, NH). They had everything ready for us, and their staff all chipped in to help load the trailer both times. It was kind of funny, like an army of guys come out of the building with the boxes etc.
We had requested that the dealer set one up with snowblower attached, and one ready to mow. That way we had one to look at to figure out how to remove the snowblower and attach the deck. Yeah, I am not even sure that we had to do that. It was incredibly simple, although we did cheat and watch a quick video on YouTube. That process took us less than 15 minutes. Big difference from my former LA135.
Once we had both tractors set up with mower decks, we started putting together the baggers. I figured it wouldn’t take very long, but I was incorrect. The first one took a couple hours, mainly because we tried to set the mower deck up with the necessary parts while the deck was still attached. That was a PITA. We did have to remove the deck anyway, to install the baffle that comes with it. The second one went way faster, since we learned a bit doing the first one. Taking the deck off to install everything made it really simple.
After that, it was time to celebrate with a couple (OK more than a couple) cold beers.
Sunday we took some time to make sure the decks were level. Checked the tire pressure first, then made the appropriate adjustments. It is so simple now, nothing like the PITA that was leveling my LA135. Then once the grass dried a bit, we each did a test mow in our respective yards. All I can say is…this thing is an amazing lawn tractor. The power steering is insanely smooth and makes steering a breeze, effortless. A spinner knob on the steering wheel is an absolute must (already installed). The mowing performance was more than satisfactory. The power deck lift is also pretty sweet, although the real test will be when using the snowblower attachment.
The garage was pretty full when we got back
08C33C55-B54F-4AC1-A12E-9A9EF5131879.jpeg F683C5BD-31E5-4359-94BA-3C1B8B3BCA12.jpeg BB3D08FC-F11C-4616-8F4C-5A9EE258F119.jpeg
And here are the twins
75D3C24B-E9E8-431C-B01F-9D660692C0DF.jpeg
9572CF86-74C3-4A1C-818A-4E670B49E213.jpeg

·
Registered
86 Posts
Nothing more fun than getting new toys. You'll have to number them so you'll know them apart. LOL Kent

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
were the suitcase weights on the back required for the snowblower? or some other reason?
Yeah, those are for use with the snowblower.
Nothing more fun than getting new toys. You'll have to number them so you'll know them apart. LOL Kent
We are trying to figure that part out. Right now, mine has the front bumper. But that’s only because the dealer only had one in stock. His is on order.
We are trying to get different key chains.

·
Registered
12,271 Posts
That's nice, congrats to both of you. :thumbup1gif:

I was just looking at a x370 the day I bought my chainsaw, I'd love to get a dedicated mower, all that auto connect hardware under my 2025 worries me when I'm doing tractor stuff. Plus I figured it'd be a good starter tractor for Emma in a year or two.

·
Premium Member
13,952 Posts
Hope you and your neighbor received a Heck of a deal. because you just saved the dealer delivery of 2 mowers at basically the same address.

There is no way I would have rented a trailer or taken my trailer to bring home a riding mower , blower ...

Dealer is smiling all the way to the bank. with you making the delivery for him. :gizmo::gizmo::gizmo::gizmo:

Just my 2 cents..

:munch:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
That won't help. I believe that the keys are the same.
Won't matter. My key is never NOT in the ignition. On my last mower, I think I removed the key once, when I was washing it. When I sold it a couple weeks ago, it was pretty much rusted into the ignition.

Hope you and your neighbor received a Heck of a deal. because you just saved the dealer delivery of 2 mowers at basically the same address.

There is no way I would have rented a trailer or taken my trailer to bring home a riding mower , blower ...
Dealer is smiling all the way to the bank. with you making the delivery for him. :gizmo::gizmo::gizmo::gizmo:
Just my 2 cents..
:munch:
Dealer would have charged us $50 each for delivery. They are known for not giving stuff away, especially the machines. The U-Haul only cost $30. And to add to it, we had a ton of fun. It was the dealers open house, so we spent a lot of time there. They had 10% off parts, so I bought a bunch of stuff I needed/would need.

·
Registered
7,935 Posts
You didn't even address the most important part.....is your neighbor joining GTT, following your lead? Make sure you get the referral gift and special neighbor sign up bonus award when he does...........

Also, did you each get a new John Deere hat?

Good looking machines.

·
Registered
127 Posts
Great looking machines, congrats on the upgrade. I too started out with La-135 SE—I put synthetic oil in the tranny at about 200 hours, my sister is still using the LA135- it’s still going strong with 650 hours on it.

You are spoiled now, once you get used to power steering, you’ll never own a tractor without it again. And as nice as the power steering is, you’ll love the hydraulic lift in the winter when you are raising and lowering the 44 inch blower

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
You didn't even address the most important part.....is your neighbor joining GTT, following your lead? Make sure you get the referral gift and special neighbor sign up bonus award when he does...........

Also, did you each get a new John Deere hat?

Good looking machines.
He is not the type to enjoy this type of forum. I've mentioned it to him in the past (he had an x304).
And yes, we each got a new hat. I tried to barter for something different, like a 3 point tiller. For some reason, the GM didn't think it was a fair trade (tiller instead of hat). Oh well, I tried. :lol:

·
Registered
927 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Great looking machines, congrats on the upgrade. I too started out with La-135 SE—I put synthetic oil in the tranny at about 200 hours, my sister is still using the LA135- it’s still going strong with 650 hours on it.

You are spoiled now, once you get used to power steering, you’ll never own a tractor without it again. And as nice as the power steering is, you’ll love the hydraulic lift in the winter when you are raising and lowering the 44 inch blower
I had over 550 hours on the LA135 when I sold it. Never did anything for the tranny, and it was still working very well. I had beat the crap out of it. Before I bought my 1025R, I towed countless carts full of loam or mulch up and down moderate slopes. That machine treated me very well, I can't complain. It was just time. I ended up getting $1500 for it, which I thought was a pretty good price for the tractor with snowblower attachment.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Awesome thread and pictures. Congrats! The only new mower I ever purchased was a Sears Craftsman back in 1996. Likely the worst mower I have ever owned...it lasted about three years.

Traded off on a used JD 445 and loved it! Even my Lawn Boy's were used, and they have served me well for many, many years.

Enjoy your new ride!!!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts