Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
1026R. Grand Cherokee, Sante Fe Sport
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
3rd and last bathroom to be done in house. Wanted to make it as nice as I could. Put it off since my wife can not go upstairs anymore after her stroke 5 years ago. Was near finished when I decided the tile I saved ,Did not work for me. Had to do demolition after the glass doors and shower were in. Got lucky and didn't break anything. Installed a vinyl window for code. Still need some shelves in the shower and a shower panel....I wanted my daughter and SIL to have a nice place to stay when they visited. Oh and added a couple exhaust fans to 2 out of 3 baths, Never had any before. This one I put thru the roof and the 1 one the first floor out the siding, They turned out well. IMHO. The lit mirror is trick...

Property Fixture Waste container Ceiling fan Wood
Forehead Chin Shoulder Mouth Jaw
Window Wood Interior design Floor Flooring
Property Window Wood Fixture Building
Property Window Fixture Plumbing fixture Shower
Building Window Fixture Wood Sky

Wood Flooring Rectangle Floor Composite material
Property Mirror Building Wood House
Mirror Plumbing fixture Bathroom cabinet Tap Property

Mirror Bathroom cabinet Plumbing fixture Tap Sink

·
Registered
3,902 Posts
Wow very nice job. Impressive. My wife's been getting after me to redo our bathroom.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Mistakes were made,,,, 😄

and thanks, it is a shame my wife will never get to use it unless I install an elevator...:unsure:

·
Premium Member
20,798 Posts
chex313 ,, Looks great , nice remodel , Prayers for your wife.

Wife and I were just talking about a remodel job on our bathroom. Not sure if I'm ready or not. When we built the house close to 46 yrs ago we put paneling in the bathroom. 20 yrs later removed the bathtub and put in a walk in shower and drywall on 1 wall. Now thinking of taking off the paneling and drywall. to either paint or 🤷‍♂️

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Added a heated seat on a GFCI...Hate sitting on a cold seat...😉 (has a night light too)

Toilet seat Plumbing fixture Toilet Bathroom Purple

·
Registered
3,307 Posts
Older homes often had no exhaust fan if they had a window. It never made much sense to me, having to open a window when showering regardless of what was happening outside.

And yours are properly vented to outside. Our last house was a spec house. The builder vented one exhaust fan into the attic space, and one on the first floor just vented into an interior wall cavity.

Could your wife use a stair lift? We looked into them versus an elevator, but the best solution for us turned out to be a move to a one story house.

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
Older homes often had no exhaust fan if they had a window. It never made much sense to me, having to open a window when showering regardless of what was happening outside.

And yours are properly vented to outside. Our last house was a spec house. The builder vented one exhaust fan into the attic space, and one on the first floor just vented into an interior wall cavity.

Could your wife use a stair lift? We looked into them versus an elevator, but the best solution for us turned out to be a move to a one story house.
The downstairs is so big it works fine. No stairs into the house. After the initial year of coping I was comfortable doing everything. The upstairs isn't suitable for a wheelchair. No it is pretty much comfortable the way it is. The kids like having a nice bedroom to use when they visit.

I did add hand holds in the shower and next to the toilet seat. To motivate my wife to make the stairs with my help.Added a Teak seat to sit on in the shower. My wife can make a few stairs. We could take a mini vacation to the master bath...

As far as vents go...The house I grew up in was a big house but only 1 and a half baths. 11 (9 of us kids and mom and dad) all used the one shower. Dad built the house 75 years ago and one of my sisters still lives there and we never saw any signs of moisture from the shower being a problem(Never opened a window in the winter)...Most houses were so ventilated , lacking insulation that the moisture was able to get out. Is a much bigger issue now that our houses are so tight.

Reactions: ClydeLogan

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Really nice, love the toilet seat.

Reactions: chex313

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
20,614 Posts
Added a heated seat on a GFCI...Hate sitting on a cold seat...😉 (has a night light too)
OK. Spill the beans.
Make and model of the toilet seat? :unsure:

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

·
Premium Member
1,513 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
best thing i ever did in bathroom was put in heated floors ...was easy cheap and works great

love the lighted mirror ......where ..how ..did you aquire that?
All sizes available...Needs receptacle. There is enough space behind mirror for it. I connected the receptacle to my light, so it comes on at the same time. The square button on the mirror controls dimming (Long Press)of two distinct colors, daylight and warm. (Short Press) Also on and off. It also remembers what ever you set it at. I forgot , it has a defogger...tho with a bath fan it is not really needed. They also can be mounted vertical or horizontal.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.