Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all! I have been doing a lot of reading various forums, finally brought home a 2007 JD 3320 this afternoon. It has been well maintained, and has 243 hours on it. Yes, it has been run over the years, it has not been left sitting, so should not have bad seals. No cab, just a front end loader. It has not problems that I am aware of. It is my plan to put a backhoe on, now to decide between the JD backhoe or a smaller, less expensive one from Woods. Most of my backhoe work will be light work, some trenching, a very small tree here and there. Maybe handling some larger tree sections already cut.

I already have a 1967 JD 2020 that has served me well, but wanted something smaller that I can clean up stalls with, and move around inside the barn. I will keep the 2020, as I do put up some hay, so need to run a 5 disk mower and a baler. I have not yet unloaded the tractor from the trailer. Tomorrow I will get to go play with it and see how it does in the sand we have here.

Don't have any questions or issues yet, just very happy that I have made a decision and can quit looking endlessly for a small tractor. I have ten acres, about 6 in pasture. Four neighbors, one of them my daughter, all have about 4 acres each, and I am the one with the tractor, so get to do an odd job for others from time to time. Usually that is mowing, raking, baling, picking up and stacking hay, or flailing pasture weeds.

Dave M.

·
Administrator
22,419 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
19,608 Posts
Dave,

Welcome from West Virginia

Gene

·
Registered
4,940 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Administrator
22,200 Posts

·
Registered
969 Posts
:hi: Hi Dave, you said
It has not problems that I am aware of.
I think, that's normal. Remember how much tractors JD build in the last nearly hundred years and how less users write about their tractor probs in the forums...

Reactions: Sandpiper270

·
Registered
2,532 Posts

Have we seen pictures of said tractors?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome. I don't have any pictures to post yet. Have a couple in my cell phone, but need to move them to the laptop to post. Put about two hours on the tractor today, learning how it works. So far, the one really outstanding thing I have learned is that when you are in 4WD, and backblading with the bucket down and the front wheels a bit in the air, you don't have 4WD. Who would have thought that??? :banghead:

Reactions: Marlin and rtgt

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Here is my old JD 2020, made in 1967. Not sure where it was actually made, I know the engine design came from Mannheim, Germany. I bought this about 20 years ago for around $9000, and it has paid for itself many times over. It is lifting up part of a Paul Scale that my daughter got for free because it was broken. I restored it so my grandkids can use it with their livestock showing.

Attachments

Reactions: rtgt and DRobinson

·
Registered
15,461 Posts
Welcome from northeastern Pennsylvania.

2020's sold in the USA and probably Canada were built in Dubuque, Iowa.

You have a good looking pair of tractors.:thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
490 Posts

Im also in Oregon but west of you a ways between Portland and the coast. :thumbup1gif:

·
Premium Member
13,692 Posts
Welcome.

Reactions: Sandpiper270

·
Premium Member
5,657 Posts
Well my usual would be 'Welcome from the Pacific NW - Oregon' but for you it's

Welcome From The Willamette Valley - Just East of Hagg Lake!!

:cowboy:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,881 Posts

·
Registered
6,041 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·

Welcome From The Willamette Valley - Just East of Hagg Lake!!

:cowboy:
Hi Marlin! I used to live just outside Gaston on the road to Laurelwood. I could look across my pasture and see town straight west. Just a couple of houses past the crazy ladies house; she probably isn't alive anymore.

Dave M.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.