Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
I'm over the other side of the pond in England. I am a contractor and I am currently rebuilding my 1990 John Deere 3350 (can't remember the equivalent model in the US)
I also have a Youtube channel ('Lord Muck') where I film the stuff I do, things I see and places I go.
There is a fair bit of the stuff I have done on the JD and there are other videos of other makes that I have filmed at various working days.

·
Registered
4,068 Posts
Welcome from New York (the state, not the city), Lord Muck!

·
Administrator
20,356 Posts
Mr. Muck,
:wgtt:

We’d sure love to see a few pics of your 3350. :good2:

·
Premium Member
14,114 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thank you to everyone for the kind welcome !

There are many differences within UK/European spec JD's on models which are basically the same !
If anyone has any questions about the differences, please feel free to ask.

This is a link to my Youtube channel:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKviSuITHRgz0Xp1jtbjkKQ

There's a good few JD vids on there and several of the progression of my JD3350 which I am working through.

Please feel free to join in and follow the channel (just press the Subscribe button - it's FREE and will notify you of new vids) and by all means please comment and ask questions or add info.
There are of course other makes of tractor besides the Deere's on my channel and some WW2 aircraft which I am fortunate enough to fly when I come over to the States.

Cheers !

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Lord Muck,
Welcome to GTT. :thumbup1gif:

(can't remember the equivalent model in the US.
I think the US equivalent to the 3350 is (maybe) a 2955, without turbo.

·
Official "Groovie" Dude
5,663 Posts
There are many differences within UK/European spec JD's on models which are basically the same !
If anyone has any questions about the differences, please feel free to ask.
Thanks for the offer I'm sure many of us would like to know what is different. I know a lot of us are jealous because you guys get cab models that we cannot get.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Lord Muck,
Welcome to GTT. :thumbup1gif:

I think the US equivalent to the 3350 is (maybe) a 2955, without turbo.
Yes and also to Pcabe5:

Without going into the previous 40 Series that we had (early to mid 1980's) most common on British farms were the 2650 (4cyl turbo 82hp)
2850 (4cyl turbo 90hp)
Then we had the 3050 (6cyl, nat asp 92hp) and then the 3350 (6cyl, nat asp 103hp) and then the 3650 (6cyl turbo, 116hp)

Above those we had the 40,42,44 and 4850 and then they changed to the 55 Series (lights across the front of the hood) and we got the 40, 42, 44, 47 and 4955 and towards the end of the run they changed the exhaust to the side of the cab which you guys called a 60 Series but we remained with '55 Series - Side Pipe'.

We never had the 28 and 2955's that you guys had (like our 30/33 but with the lights in the hood like the larger 55's) our lights remained on the side of the front cowl.

We did however get High Lift linkage (extra capacity pump for increased 3 pt linkage capacity) we had two transmission options, 30k (18mph) and 40k (25mph)
We had the option of 13.6x28 front wheels on the 4WD model (Front wheel assist) or 16.9x24.
Most had air-con fitted as standard, we also had the Pick Up Hitch system and you could swap to a standard drawbar) See here:

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=N9eoNkihMtU

So yes, very similar tractors with so many differences !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts