Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Love the site. Our home got hit by mine subsidence, so we moved in to a new place that came with it a 2305 sub-compact to help us manage our 8 acres.

It came with a 54" blade and a 62C MMM with the mulch kit (the tractor... not the new home). I've added Pat's easy hitch, Land Pride GS1548 (we have a quarter mile gravel driveway), 200CX loader, and the Ratchet Rake. Since the machine is at least 5 years old, I had the local Deere dealer do all sorts of maintenance. The tranny fan being shot was an expensive

I'll post a picture or two once I figure that out along with updating my signature which doesn't appear to be an option for me.
Thanks,
Brian

·
Banned
747 Posts
Welcome aboard! I have a 2305 and one of the first things I did was put a Brotek skidplate on to protect the oil filter and tranny fan. It seems the fan can be damaged quite easily by sticks, etc. You can also get individaul plates for both the fan and the oil filter, the Brotek covers the whole underside. Guy sells them on eBay, but the name escapes me at present. The brotek has to be taken off if you eant to put a mower on. Apparently it's quite the job to replace the fan, as it looks like you found that out.

Hello,

Love the site. Our home got hit by mine subsidence, so we moved in to a new place that came with it a 2305 sub-compact to help us manage our 8 acres.

It came with a 54" blade and a 62C MMM with the mulch kit (the tractor... not the new home). I've added Pat's easy hitch, Land Pride GS1548 (we have a quarter mile gravel driveway), 200CX loader, and the Ratchet Rake. Since the machine is at least 5 years old, I had the local Deere dealer do all sorts of maintenance. The tranny fan being shot was an expensive

I'll post a picture or two once I figure that out along with updating my signature which doesn't appear to be an option for me.
Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you dellwas,

I'll have to look into protecting that fan.

Brian

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Ok, here are 2 pictures of my 2305 with my Carryall, 200CX, and Ratchet Rake on.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I learned about it here: http://www.ratchetrake.com/

Our local TSC had one in stock.

I used it for the first time on Saturday. Works really well.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Banned
747 Posts
Thanks Brian, will have to see if TSC Canada has it, otherwise I might have to see if Agrisupply carries something similar. TSC U.S. doesn't ship to Canada, at least that's what they tell me. Might have to hit up one of my buds here to ship me one after I pay for it...

I learned about it here: http://www.ratchetrake.com/

Our local TSC had one in stock.

I used it for the first time on Saturday. Works really well.

Thanks,
Brian

·
Administrator
21,038 Posts
Thanks Brian, will have to see if TSC Canada has it, otherwise I might have to see if Agrisupply carries something similar. TSC U.S. doesn't ship to Canada, at least that's what they tell me. Might have to hit up one of my buds here to ship me one after I pay for it...
Member Erik has a Ratchet Rake also, I will let him know about this thread...

·
Registered
278 Posts
Welcome to the forum Brian! It's good to have you aboard. I also have a Ratchet Rake and love it. When I bought mine it was on a test run with TSC and only was available at a few select stores, so I had to go out of state to get it. However, since then I've noticed my local store carries it, so they must have done well on their launch. I've also read some mixed reviews of it on another tractor site, but I'm guessing those folks weren't using it right. I think it's awesome!

Here's a few pictures I did to clear some of my overgrown woods last year with it.

In the first picture, the underbrush to the left is what the whole area looked like when I started. The Ratchet Rake made quick work of it.

·
Premium Member
2,675 Posts
That ratchet rake is a neat looking rig,
It sure is, I'd never seen one before. Another item on my "get before I retire " list.
Good pictures, thanks for sharing them.

·
Banned
747 Posts
Yup, gotta get me one. Guess I'll have to schedule a trip to Maine, or get one of my good buds stateside to ship me one....

TSC Canada doesn't appear to carry one, and they don't ship out of Ontario in any case....

It sure is, I'd never seen one before. Another item on my "get before I retire " list.
Good pictures, thanks for sharing them.

·
Registered
280 Posts
never seen the ratchet rake before, Also WElcome ABoard THe FOrum

1 - 14 of 14 Posts