Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been lurking here a couple years and recently joined to ask a couple questions. Today we finalized our order for a new JD 2038R with all the goodies. MSL loader, Backhoe, 72D mower, front mount snowblower, etc. We were a little taken aback by the total price, but the ability to get everything financed at once for 0% APR made it worth spending a bit more up front. We are Farm Bureau members and that qualified us for a small additional discount, and "platinum 1" status in JD rewards. Not sure if that is really much benefit, but every little bit helps. We have a 40 acre property in rural Iowa, aboult half of which is rented out to a real farmer for crop ground. The rest is a mix of timber and turf. The 2020 Derecho illistrated how difficult it is to deal with a property of this size without any sort of tractor. We cleared dozend of downed trees with nothing but a pickup truck and chainsaw and lots of hard work. We still have MANY trees to clean up and I am looking forward to having some better tools to do the job.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
44,846 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Premium Member
1,136 Posts
Welcome from NW NJ. You're going to love the 2038R!

·
Registered
921 Posts
Welcome aboard from western PA

·
Registered
J.D 2038r
458 Posts
Welcome from NW Ct.
I love my 2038r tractor you will be surprised at what it will be able to do.

·
Registered
541 Posts
Welcome to GTT from NE Illinois.

2038 is a well reviewed machine here, it should serve you well

·
Super Moderator
10,088 Posts
Welcome aboard from Massachusetts. Good luck with your new rig!

·
Premium Member
695 Posts
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Welcome from central Iowa!!!

·
Registered
3,081 Posts
Welcome from west central Wisconsin.

·
Registered
4,936 Posts
Welcome from New York

·
Registered
224 Posts
Welcome from Des Moines Iowa. You pretty much bought my dream machine. I'm sure you'll love it. I'm curious...what did they tell you for delivery timeframes?

·
Registered
5,727 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio

·
Premium Member
3,632 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. Quad-Cities area. We were also hit by the Derecho and the tractor and Grapple made 7 trees turn into firewood and quickly dissappear. We live near a state park and set alot of firewood along the road and it was gone. Enjoy your 2038 you picked a great tractor.

Reactions: Auton
1 - 20 of 25 Posts