21 - 27 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
3,905 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio

·
Registered
1,852 Posts
Welcome Clint! Newbie as well and soon to be first time tractor owner. Similar story, I started off looking for a used front blade for my x304, then considered a 1025r, then 2025r, and finally settled on the 2032r.
After 1000’s of hours of videos and forum research, here’s my take:
TTWT first sold me on the 1025r. Tim could also break out of Alcatraz with a spoon. That don’t make it right, unless you’re confined by tight spaces, storage, transfer, or budget.
Tim’s videos featuring the 2025r as well as Pat at Elk Creek Acres then had me sold on the 2025r, seeming like the perfect fit for a lot of your same reasons: clearance, wheel height, slight bump in weight, capabilities, & price.
Enter the MSL. That feature sold me on buying new. After seeing the 120r MSL under impress and really thinking about what I was trying to lift (and how high), I started to look at the larger 2 series, even though I originally deemed it overkill.
Here on GTT, overkill is barely a concern, while underkill is literally the deadliest sin. You will get clobbered if you buy new, then trade up later. That being said, you also don’t want a $ target on your tractor’s back if you overspend.
Even though I was offered a good deal on a new 2019 3 series, that would have eliminated most of my storage options and MSL isn’t an option.
And finally the E series: kinda like a work truck vs. an SLT or Denali. I’d rather use my GMC SLT as a work truck than the other way around. Plus no mid PTO.

So here’s my final deciding factors on the 2032r w/MSL, 270b, 4-1 bucket, artillian forks:

-ability to move pallets (or near full pallets) of masonry, sod, & decorative stone. AND move loose bricks/material with less chance of spilling with the MSL.
-split brakes
-real auto throttle
-fuel gauge on dash
-don’t want a truck driver to tell me to go finish mowing the grass until he comes back with a lift gate
-dump stuff in an 8yd dumpster bin (might need to drive on 6x6’s) and more easily into 20yd containers/truck beds
-Bluetooth tractor app
-increased backhoe abilities
-drive to pool at golf cart speed
-backhoe seat can be used at same time as operator’s seat: 2 people could move tractor /operate backhoe, can take passenger to pool, have a lookout on hayrides. Can also carry my tool backpack on backhoe seat.
-increased HP if I ever push snow/ice
-larger 2 series runs quieter than lower models, & that’s a big deal to me after attending the 2006 Stanley Cup finals
-not a fan of turbo diesels (especially in drive-thrus) and hopefully won’t need more implement power of 2038
-Tier IV diesel didn’t give me a headache when I tried one out for 2 days
-something about service cycle longer, easier access to check levels
-was impressed with new 2025r seat, but then really impressed with 2032r seat and better support. Back never hurt after running 28hrs on 2032r rental over 2 days
-If I ever need a more capable machine, I know that I need to rent a landscaping company
-If one of my neighbors got a large frame 2 series and I didn’t. . . well that ain’t gonna happen
-artillian forks for increased lift & lighter weight when handling. I’d hate to unpack a wrapped pallet knowing I didn’t have to
-4-1 for occasional grapple use while not needing to store a biga$$ grapple
-hoping 4-1 can do some light grading and gravel work without need for more implements. I’m also counting on picking up last bits of material without hand shoveling into bucket
-larger 2 series is more tractor like and I feel that I won’t have regrets

All of that comes at a big price. You can get a 2025r AND one heck of a custom golf cart or boat down payment for the price of a 2032r.

Most of my insights came from this site, and Youtube, so my experience is limited and therefore my actual knowledge is severely limited as compared to others here.

In conclusion, I’ve made a number of “lifetime” purchases. You will either reap the daily rewards of buying what you know is the absolute best product for you, or you will literally be punished with the turmoil of underperformance and regret stemming from an inadequate purchase every day for the rest of your life long after the initial financial savings have gone.

Scott at quality equipment in Fuquay has the 2020 2025r TLB on the lot right now that he ordered for me as well as my 2032r waiting to be fitted up.

Best of luck, Clint!
Ha! Not sure we could break out with a spoon, but I might have a chance with a 1025r!!
:)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Ha! Not sure we could break out with a spoon, but I might have a chance with a 1025r!!
:)
For sure a compliment to the 1025r which is a force to be reckoned with! After viewing your channel, it’s an easy tractor to settle on. After taking a deeper dive into others’ experiences on GTT, as well as your 2038r comparisons, I knew that I would always regret not going as big as my garage and wallet could handle, despite the 1025r being a capable contender. It’s comforting to no longer wonder if I should have gone bigger when I’m physically and financially maxed out.

·
Registered
823 Posts
Damn Zosa, now I want a 2032r. Your full-time job is in used car sales, isn't it?
But seriously welcome to both of you from Ontario, Canada.

Reactions: Zoso

·
Registered
11 Posts
Damn Zosa, now I want a 2032r. Your full-time job is in used car sales, isn't it?
But seriously welcome to both of you from Ontario, Canada.
Not in sales, but I had to become a salesman to convince my CFO! Like “Honey, worst case scenario: I use it 20x instead of renting at $500/pop, then sell for $10k less and we “break even”. Use it more than that, and it’s like we’re making money!”.
And the ubiquitous: “Making 1 payment is a lot cheaper than renting twice a month, so as long as I use it twice a month. . .it’s like we’re in no-brainer territory now.”

·
Premium Member
422 Posts
Welcome from NW South Dakota.

rob

·
Registered
823 Posts
Not in sales, but I had to become a salesman to convince my CFO! Like “Honey, worst case scenario: I use it 20x instead of renting at $500/pop, then sell for $10k less and we “break even”. Use it more than that, and it’s like we’re making money!”.
And the ubiquitous: “Making 1 payment is a lot cheaper than renting twice a month, so as long as I use it twice a month. . .it’s like we’re in no-brainer territory now.”
Yeah, most of us had to make that pitch too. For what it's worth, SWMBO thinks it's worth the money now, and I'd almost venture to say that she's glad I got it.

Reactions: Zoso
21 - 27 of 27 Posts