Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi!

While being frustrated with my 20-some year old Craftsman rider bought on CL for $350 I tried to figure out how I could get another rider, that'll last a while, for cheap. Happened across a 1984 John Deere 316 on CL and did my due diligence (being a millennial and all) to figure out what they were all about. I specifically was swayed by Hammerdown's thread regarding restoration of the 316 and 318 lines and was sold.

I've got some issues I'm going to address in another thread, but for now I'm joining the green team and hopefully will be both an active contributor and avid learner! Don't tell my wife though, she's pretty unhappy I have two riders in the garage now...

-Ben 20170712_072602.jpg

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts
Ben,
:wgtt:

We'd love to see your 316. :thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida. But I'm confused, I thought millenials had other people do their work? :dunno: No offence!

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
Hi, Ben.

Welcome to the family.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Hi!

Don't tell my wife though, she's pretty unhappy I have two riders in the garage now...

-Ben
No problem, we won't tell. You will get used to this situation. A word of advice. Should she ever not be unhappy about anything, then you need to buy a third one or something so you know what she's mad about. Nothing is worse than not knowing.:cheers:

We are here to help. Welcome

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
dieselshadow - Edited original post with a picture! I also posted in the "vintage" forum with some technical questions I have about it - engine won't turn over and I'm trying to figure out where to next!

·
Registered
4,249 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Hi Ben, welcome from Southern Maryland. You came to the right place for help. I am sure that many folks familiar with that tractor will help you. :bigthumb:

·
Premium Member
999 Posts

1 - 15 of 15 Posts