Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,
I'm new to your site....
Yesterday I spent half a day with the local JD dealer discussing the pro's and Con's of a JD1026R.
This is the spec that we were discussing.....

1026 R (New from factory)
54"auto connect deck (Smaller deck to fit around some trees close to boundary)
3PH for the front
Front PTO
Road lighting
Rear hydraulics
Front weight bracket
7 weights
580L MCS with chute, parking stand, castor wheel + fill indicator
H120 Loader with 49" bucket and ballast box
54" snow blower (A guarantee that it will never snow again!)

Just a few hundred questions!........what are the good and bad points?
As I understand the front 3PH and PTO may have to be removed to enable the cutting deck to be used, if so how difficult is the removal process?
Is there anything that I should add to list....bear in mind that the better half will kill me when she see's the bank balance after I paid for this lot!!!

Great site by the way!

Thanks
Andy

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
Welcome to GTT prohunter.
It's seems you have things covered but I'm not a 1026R owner. There are lots of members on here with them and they will be along shortly.
BTW, Your better half is required to be upset.:lol:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts
:wgtt:
Enjoy that :greentractorride:

Reactions: prohunter

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

Welcome from New York.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'm curious, is Deere still selling the 1026R across the pond? it's a 1025R here.

·
Administrator
20,881 Posts

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

Get your wife involved in running the tractor and doing projects, and you might not get a chance to use it yourself!!! Less complaining about the expense too!! :thumbup1gif:

Reactions: Levi and prohunter

·
Registered
616 Posts
Good morning,
I'm new to your site....
Yesterday I spent half a day with the local JD dealer discussing the pro's and Con's of a JD1026R.

3PH for the front
Front PTO
Road lighting
Rear hydraulics
Front weight bracket
7 weights

As I understand the front 3PH and PTO may have to be removed to enable the cutting deck to be used, if so how difficult is the removal process?
Is there anything that I should add to list....bear in mind that the better half will kill me when she see's the bank balance after I paid for this lot!!!

Great site by the way!

Thanks
Andy
Front PTO and 3PH removed to use the deck? I'm a little confused by that. I've never seen a front 3PH and PTO, but that is probably just me. If you meant rear, then the answer is no, they do not need to be removed to use the mower deck. If you really do mean front, then I've got nothing to offer.....

Reactions: Levi

·
Premium Member
6,043 Posts
:wgtt::greentractorride:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

Welcome from New York.

Sorry I can't answer your question, but I'm curious, is Deere still selling the 1026R across the pond? it's a 1025R here.
It would seem that the 1026R is the only option here.....no mention of the 1025R in the sales literature...

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Front PTO and 3PH removed to use the deck? I'm a little confused by that. I've never seen a front 3PH and PTO, but that is probably just me. If you meant rear, then the answer is no, they do not need to be removed to use the mower deck. If you really do mean front, then I've got nothing to offer.....
Front 3 point lift Factory installed.....code for ordering 8007?.....price ....well he must have quoted for the gold leaf coated version....not forgetting the diamond encrusted lift arms!!! :lol:
It certainly is an option for the order, but I have not seen a photo of one installed on the 1026R.

·
Administrator
18,306 Posts
Having a front 3PH is the norm in the UK, very common. The US has not adapted to that yet.

·
Registered
939 Posts
It would seem that the 1026R is the only option here.....no mention of the 1025R in the sales literature...
Yep, in europe you'll get the 1026R 33_11_1_r2d002461_F_642x462.png and it looks bigger then his brother beyond the pond r4c007075_1025e_642x462.png :laugh:

Last, but not least: welcome from Germany

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,269 Posts
Good morning,
I'm new to your site....

3PH for the front
Front PTO
Road lighting
Rear hydraulics
Front weight bracket
7 weights

Great site by the way!

Thanks
Andy
As a 1026R owner, 3PH for the front- never heard of it. Front PTO-here in the U.S. it works off the mid PTO, at least it does for the snow blower. Other then that- never heard of it. Rear hydraulics I think is called the power beyond kit. Other then that you pretty much got things covered except maybe an imatch depending on what you want to do with it. I'd say the Government over there hasn't messed with things like over here as to why you can still get the 1026R. Hope you get what you want, set up the way you want. :wgtt:from across the pond in Tn. and enjoy your NO SNOW winter.:thumbup1gif:

Reactions: prohunter

·
Administrator
20,881 Posts
I'd get the bigger bucket. The 49" is just too small for the R. Even if you get into stuff that's too heavy for a full 53" bucket, you can always take a smaller "bite." It's nice to have a bucket that's wider than the tractor. The 49" is just barely wider.

·
Administrator
18,306 Posts
1 - 20 of 26 Posts