Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello all, been a long time JD fan. came here for instructions on installing BW16138 kit on my 3320 and found exactly what I needed.

Past machines in order of purchase
Takeuchi TL140
JD 4200 w/ backhoe & FEL
JD 1025R w/FEL

Current Machine
JD 3320 FEL 300CX

Bit of an odd purchase order however there was a reason, I bought the TL140 used, it worked great to clear and level my little 1 acre of land. I needed to do some drainage work so I sold the TL140 for slightly more than I paid for it and bought the 4200. Got done with all the trenching and needed a smaller machine for maintenance mode which is why I went with a NEW 1025R.

We recently bought some land up in PA that we want to clear for recreational use I was debating on running a brush hog or flail mower on the back of the 1025R but I was afraid it would be too much for that little tractor. After a bunch of research I decided it was time to sell and move up to something a little bigger (I was very sad to see it hauled away). I was hunting for a larger machine for weeks and found 2 in VA worth looking at. First was a 4700 that looked great in pictures with 1200 hrs. Well leaky injector pump, broken hour meter and stuck SCV valves made me walk away in minutes. We then went to look at the 3320. It didn't have an FEL but was listed with a finish mower being included for 11k. The machine only has 33x hours and was garage kept for most of it's life, needless to say it's in very good condition. We settled on a final purchase price of 7,500. Super nice lady, her husband passed suddenly and she was in the process of downsizing everything. While loading the tractor the she pointed out couple more attachments that she wanted taken away also.

I ended up with:
JD 3320 W/33x hours
Land Pride finish mower
Bush Hog
rock rake

I had hunted around for a used FEL but I guess they are seldom separated from tractor which makes sense. So on a Friday I called the local dealership to order a new 320R(300CX) loader 5.5K OUCH! Got the quote and was ready to pull the trigger. A day prior I did a hail mary and messaged a guy on FB selling a 4 series tractor that had a 300CX to see if he was willing to sell just the loader. and I **** you not right before I was about to order from the dealership I got this reply... "no the loader needs to stay with the tractor, however I have a 300cx off a 3320 coming in next week if you are interested" I about fell out of my seat... really!

the following Tuesday I went and picked up the loader complete with brackets/manual and bolts

So in the end I paid a total 10.5K for my 3320 w/FEL which happens to be the exact price I sold my 1025R for.

Mods:
Installed BW16138 kit to use the rear 3rd function on the FEL
Had tires filled with methanol ballast

FEL attachments
Bucket
Forks (kept from my 1025R)
Grapple (just purchased)

3Point:
Box Blade (kept from my 1025R)
Ballast Box (kept from my 1025R)
Post Hole digger (kept from my 1025R)
Middle Buster (kept from my 1025R)
Land Pride finish mower 6ft
Brush Hog 5ft
Rock Rake 5ft

1025R
20190617_185340.jpg
New to me 3320
20190625_185455.jpg

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Premium Member
15,023 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Super Moderator
8,188 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,107 Posts
Welcome from Kentucky.

I'd say you did pretty good one the deal. :good2:

·
Premium Member
13,800 Posts

·
Registered
697 Posts
Welcome from Ontario, Canada. Looks like a pretty good deal to me. Nice tractor.

·
Registered
12,599 Posts
welcome from PA. where abouts in Md. are ya from? :wgtt:

nice of ya showing us some pics.:good2:

·
Registered
4,557 Posts
Welcome from New York!

·
Premium Member
1,224 Posts
Welcome from Hagerstown md

Sent from my ASUS_A009 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Kennyd

·
Registered
4,531 Posts

Welcome from New York. Great story, looks like you done good!

·
Administrator
18,465 Posts
Big thanks to Kennyd - I needed the right size quick connects for my grapple. Custom made hoses on a Sunday... THANK YOU!
Your welcome sir, it was a pleasure to meet you :good2:

Is it working yet?

Reactions: mark02tj and rtgt

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Big thanks to Kennyd - I needed the right size quick connects for my grapple. Custom made hoses on a Sunday... THANK YOU!
Your welcome sir, it was a pleasure to meet you

Is it working yet?
Yep ? just finished testing it out.. now time to jump in the pool, too hot to work

1 - 15 of 15 Posts