Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I joined the forum 1 month ago and due to rain today, I finally found time for a New Member Intro. I've lived in Mid Missouri most of my life. After retiring 6 years ago from a career as an Electrical Engineer, my wife and I decided to downsize from a 24 acre yard to a new home on 5 acres.

I've owned several tractors over the years, Ford 8N, IH 244, Ford 1210 and presently 2008 JD 2305 with 200CX Loader, 62C mowing deck, both turf and R4 tires. Since I mow with a Grasshopper 725, the deck has very few hours. My tractor is mostly used for blading gravel, snow and utility work. The unit only has 230 hours and yes I have greased the engine/trans drive shaft.

I have most of the usual attachments, quick hitch, blade, box blade, tiller, weight bar with trailer hitch, 3 point lift, Edge Tamers, Edge Extenders and Trash Tamer. Due to neck problems, I would like to add a front mounted blade and that's how I found this forum. We have so many downed tree limbs and trees from recent storms I trying to convince my wife I need a grapple.:laugh: I'm also in the process of building a Carry All based on SulleyBear's post.

I'm really enjoying the forum, wish I'd found it years ago!:bigthumb:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
:wgtt: I have a 2305 as well, 09 just turned 300 hrs....

·
Registered
2,588 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio, :wgtt:

·
Administrator
20,366 Posts
Gigiwatt,
:wgtt:

·
Registered
850 Posts
Welcome ......from sw missouri........also retired construction/engineering .........LOL we moved to more land and equipment ...

Get the grapple.....they are great for raking up and carrying off limbs from spring storms.......as always its a balence between the strength(weight) of the grapple and the reduced carrying capacity due to its weight.....its good to have one you can see through and rake with if needed......also consider the full open width when you looking at them...

i have a grapple bucket that i can use on several machines (skid attach) .....its a double cylinder, cant see through it, or rake with it....i have to swap implements to rake etc...it works well with the skid steer and bigger tractors but its a bit heavy for the 4500 with a full load of sticks...........got a lightweight raking grapple on my list..

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Premium Member
14,133 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Registered
4,256 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:wgtt:from MN

·
Registered
4,087 Posts
Welcome from New York! Nice introduction.

·
Premium Member
824 Posts
Welcome from another "Show Me" guy. :bigthumb:

·
Registered
471 Posts
Welcome from the east side of the Misery state:laugh:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts