Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi! New member here, Spouse will likely follow as she is the principal operator of the actual Tractor part of our operation. With my wife we moved onto 12 acres 2 years ago and have collected a 1025R (again this is the Spouse's main weapon), 5' JD back blade, Everything Attachments landscape rake and we have an Everything Attachments 54" box blade on the way (hopefully it will properly be painted JD Green!). We've also acquired an X350R Lawn Tractor (holds my beer just right and I LOVE the rear discharge and quick dump handle!) and an 825i Gator but since this is a Tractor forum you probably won't hear much more about that tool.

Lots of challenging tasks in front of us such as learning to tame the tumbleweed and we were pleasantly surprised to find that our (my) first year's mostly failed attempt at weed control was not the only source of tumbleweed contamination in the sprawling neighborhood as those things have been blowing from every field jumping fences to and fro for the last few months all over our Valley and I'm sure they couldn't have all originated on our acreage. I picked up a 55 gal 7 foot boom sprayer set up on a small flat utility trailer and brought it back up to working condition with a new RV water pump (this is a tool which works very well behind the Gator) that I used last year to knock down the pest weeds but still have much to learn plus I get pretty nervous thinking about killing off my neighbors' flora and fauna! We also have a great paved road system except for that last half a mile or so which is private for about 10 families and the amount of rain we've received has pretty much destroyed it and that road is a chore that must be tackled soon. I'm concerned my outfit isn't going to be powerful enough to work that road by myself. Then our final front-page task is to lower the entire front drive-through (sort of a loop in and out from our front door to the now flooded road) as it is about 6 inches higher than the bottom of our paved parking in front of the garages leaving us in the water even though this is Nevada.

Hopefully I'll find the correct threads to discuss ideas to address these challenges and I found this site because I'm interested in installing a top-n-tilt system as there are drives/ditches/crowns/swales that need to be either maintained or created.

I look forward to checking in for any helpful advice y'all night have and I'll even read the unhelpful stuff if its funny:laugh:
I need help with figuring out how to add the closing statements/links or whatever you call them under my posts if anyone can direct me to that info. I never have actually posted to a forum before, just lurked reading other folks' advice and experiences.
Take Care Everyone:usa

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,109 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
12,556 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
2,580 Posts

·
Registered
1,157 Posts
Hi!
I look forward to checking in for any helpful advice y'all night have and I'll even read the unhelpful stuff if its funny:laugh:
I need help with figuring out how to add the closing statements/links or whatever you call them under my posts if anyone can direct me to that info. I never have actually posted to a forum before, just lurked reading other folks' advice and experiences.
Take Care Everyone:usa

Theres a section for gators and another for lawn machines.

Too add your equipment or whatever parting shot to the bottom of your Post's.

Click the settings icon thing somewhere to the right of your user name. Upper right.

Then look on the left side of the page that pops up......go to "edit signature"

Click on that and you'll figure out the rest.

Its handy to list your machines so others can easily tell what your refering to ....just a thought.

Welcome from Oregon

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts

·
Registered
4,254 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Premium Member
423 Posts
:wgtt:From MN

·
Premium Member
14,131 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Administrator
20,363 Posts

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Welcome from New York! That's a nice introduction.

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,201 Posts

1 - 14 of 14 Posts