Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello to all. I just found and joined this site. I have a 1971 140H3 14hp John Deere Lawn and Garden Tractor, a Scotts (built by Deere) 16/42 Lawn Mower, and have just purchased a new LA175 John Deere Lawn Mower.
I plan to sell the Scotts and possibly restore the 140.
I am a guy who thinks that all lawn and garden tractors as well as farm machinery should be painted green. I do have a preference of Yellow paint (Cat Yellow) for anything larger. I guess spending my life working for a Caterpillar Dealer give me that opinion. Don't mean to offend anyone. Hope to learn and share information on this site.

·
Administrator
17,569 Posts
:welcomedt

Paul, You'd have to try A LOT harder than that to offend anyone 'round here!

·
Premium Member
971 Posts
Hey Paul!

Well, I've posted pictures of my orange Kubota and didn't get too much hate mail...:laugh:

Now I will warn you that if you get up to 50 or so post and have yet to post a picture of any of your tractors, some folks around here might get grumpy. I won't mention names, just watch out for those upper midwest types, they can really badger you. :mocking:

OK on the CAT history. Our main fire engine just got rebuilt by our local CAT dealer, they did a great job. Fuel pump leak got diesel in the oil. I'd been pushing for UOA for years, I think now it's going to happen every year.

Good luck on the restoration efforts. That last winter I took the skin of my 318, replaced the 20 year old fuel line, and gave things a good going over.

Pete

·
Premium Member
6,593 Posts
Welcome to the "Yellow Wheel Club". We are looking forward to hearing more about you and your machines.

Pete, I think you'll have to be more specific. :unknown:

·
Registered
280 Posts
welcome to the site Paul, you will find many great resources here, as well as many great people

·
Premium Member
1,113 Posts
:welcomedt

Paul, You'd have to try A LOT harder than that to offend anyone 'round here!
Yeah, this is one more laid back site. As Pete said, they only get on when you don't post pictures. :nunu:

You'll enjoy the company here.

·
Registered
771 Posts
Welcome Paul,restore projects are some of the most interesting, glad you found DT. Sharing pictures about your other intrests are welcome too. :drinks:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts