Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
641 Posts
I have a 1026R and use is mostly for mowing my 10acres that is relatively flat. I use a RC2048 on about 6acres and use the 60"MMM on the rest. I would urge you to consider the larger MMM it certainly saves some time. The most handy part of the SCUT is the FEL. With the size of my property, moving debris from the large oaks around the property is a cinch. I have used it to move 35yds of topsoil for flower beds around the house and to spread 20yds of crush and run leading out to my back fields. I am also using it to re-landscape my back field due to the previous owner using it for motorcross, it is like cutting grass on a washboard. I initially wanted to buy a 2520 but am so glad that I was talked out of it by the dealer. I couldn't be happier with what I got!!:good2:

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
I have a 1026R and use is mostly for mowing my 10acres that is relatively flat. I use a RC2048 on about 6acres and use the 60"MMM on the rest. I would urge you to consider the larger MMM it certainly saves some time. The most handy part of the SCUT is the FEL. With the size of my property, moving debris from the large oaks around the property is a cinch. I have used it to move 35yds of topsoil for flower beds around the house and to spread 20yds of crush and run leading out to my back fields. I am also using it to re-landscape my back field due to the previous owner using it for motorcross, it is like cutting grass on a washboard. I initially wanted to buy a 2520 but am so glad that I was talked out of it by the dealer. I couldn't be happier with what I got!!:good2:
I'd like to not only say that I think a FEL is immensely useful in general, but also say that I use mine almost exclusively with my Artillian pallet forks and not the bucket. The forks will move anything on a pallet, large rocks, logs, and even general "debris" (broken branches and such from trees). My wife chuckled when I bought the forks and wrote it off as "just another toy" type of purchase. She now commonly says that she's glad I have them because she sees me using them all the time.

The Artillian forks are lightweight (lighter than your materials bucket, likely) and super strong. And, at their price, they're worth their weight in gold.

Here are just SOME of the things I did with mine:

- Loaded my riding mower into the pickup of the guy that bought it (didn't need it with the new tractor)
- Loaded my snowblower into the pickup of the guy that bought it (didn't need it with the new tractor)
- Moved the materials for my pool deck from where the lumber yard delivered it, to where I was building the deck
- LIft and move the mowing deck when not in use (makes a great lift to get underneath and clean or pull the blades)
- Lift and move the snowblower when not in use
- Move pallets of firewood
- Lift and move the old generator out of its "dog house" so I could install the new one
- Unloaded furniture (heavy dressers) from the bed of the pickup
- Move 8' firewood logs from where they were delivered (or off of my trailer) to the back yard so they can be split
- Piled downed branches and carted them off to the dump pile out back
- Move a non-running riding mower from the garage to the back yard so I could bring it down the bulkhead stairs to work on it in the basement
- Lifted the york rake off of and onto the trailer (rented one to level a section of yard last year)
- Lifted the snowmobiles off of the grass and onto the trailer for storage (no snow on the ground and didn't want to shred the lawn with the studs in the track)

There immensely useful.

·
Registered
587 Posts
meburdick,

When members are having a discussion about the Deere configurator and 1026R, please leave your 2520 out of it. It can be confusing for newer members regarding attachment bracketry. On the 1026R there just isn't as much room on the front as your 2520 to have multiple seasons of attachment brackets on at the same time. In my experience, this forum is a better source of information than local dealers. Let's try and keep it as actual as possible.

Ohh yeah, I'd love to have a 2520!

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
meburdick,

When members are having a discussion about the Deere configurator and 1026R, please leave your 2520 out of it. It can be confusing for newer members regarding attachment bracketry. On the 1026R there just isn't as much room on the front as your 2520 to have multiple seasons of attachment brackets on at the same time. In my experience, this forum is a better source of information than local dealers. Let's try and keep it as actual as possible.

Ohh yeah, I'd love to have a 2520!
My point about the brackets and such is that the configurator never "showed" me these options. I was able to get much more use and function from items my dealer recommended.

I was certainly not trying to add confusion... Sorry if I did.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I have the 1026 TLB and have had no issues. I have used the BH to remove several stumps and like others have said, the larger ones take a bit of finese but gets the job done. I have used the FEL to move over 24 tons of crushed gravel for our single lane drive and then pull a 4 foot box blade to grade. I also added a mechanical thumb that I use to pick up and move railroad ties with ease as well as lifting felled 15-20 ft logs to bring them up to waist level so I can easily cut them up into splittable sizes. Beats using a log jack and bending over with the chainsaw to do the cutting. Bottom line is I am, as I think you will be, very happy with this machine. By the way, removing and reattaching the BH and FEL is a breeze when needed.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Can 3pt hitch attachments easily be used with the BH removed? Is it as quick as bolting the 3pt back on?

·
Registered
2,481 Posts
Can 3pt hitch attachments easily be used with the BH removed? Is it as quick as bolting the 3pt back on?
As far as I know, you have to reinstall the 3PH arms and possibly top link. Then, you're pretty much ready to go. The subframe parts for the BH stay on the tractor once installed.

·
Administrator
22,396 Posts
No bolts required.:thumbup1gif: Everything is quick attach with pins and latches. :good2:

·
Premium Member
3,207 Posts
I don't have a lot to compare to because the 1026R is my first tractor bigger than my Craftsman 21 hp lawn tractor so I am easily impressed. However, I can say that since I got my Deere in the spring I have put on over 70 hours and got more work done than I could have imagined and am very impressed. Mostly rough cut mowing with my 4' Frontier rough mower, but a lot of various loader work with the H120, hauling brush to the bush with my forks, grading the driveway with my 5' back blade, moving my vintage trailers around the yard with the hitch attachment on the 3 point hitch. It is "right sized" for my 5 acres and I don't use it for finish mowing either.

So what is wrong with it? These are my minor points of contention:

1. Well the price in Canada is too high compared to what I hear of in the US, but the market bears the price so that is what we pay.
  2. The 3 point hitch "depth stop" lock thing on the hydraulic lift control is flimsy and doesn't work but I just set the depth by memory anyway.
  3. The lift capacity of the H120 is ok, but there are times it jambs out on me and just doesn't lift but that is just when digging not really lifting.
  4. The arm rests are not as comfortable as I would like.
  5. The work lights on the fenders shine on the FEL brackets causing more shadow than I like, the main head lights shine on the back of the bucket. I'll be putting lights up on the ROPS before winter one forward and one backward.
  6. The light switch turns the lights and flashers on without the key in, this makes sense but my grandson figured that out so I have to watch that the lights are not left on if he is visiting. I might put an override switch on this if the boy doesn't leave it alone.

Once again, I am impressed with it and am not sorry for my purchase. I almost bought a Massey GC 2400, I stopped at that dealer the other day when looking for snow blowers and looked over the Massey again; boy am I glad I got my 1026R! :thumbup1gif: He asked me "why did you choose the Deere over the Massey?" I just smiled and said, it must be the colour. :lol:

21 - 29 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.