Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm embarrassed to explain myself, I would look at me like I was crazy to hear this story.
We moved to a more rural home with just under 2 acres, mostly lawn. Found a pretty good deal on a JD riding mower and it works fine, go looking for some more implements for snow, etc. come to find out it's not suitable for "ground engaging". So we start trying to learn about tractors, visit a couple dealerships, go see used ones for sale, come close to buying a few, but something kept holding us back. An older tractor didn't scare me but after reading a lot of forums I thought, if it didn't already have things I knew I would need (like a loader) I might have a hard time finding them, and all the parts to mount them, so I better not.
I believe I am on the verge of closing a deal for a forum member's tractor this week, wish me luck! (I'll let him decide if he wants to be identified)
I'm sure I'll have a ton of questions and I'm already busy reading.
Del (Idahoser)

·
Premium Member
9,753 Posts
Hi Del
Welcome to GTT
What model tractor you trying to buy?

·
Premium Member
Tator
17,263 Posts
Grey Wood Font Twig Electric blue

·
Registered
4,955 Posts
Welcome from New York

·
Registered
3,469 Posts
Welcome to GTT from Wisconsin.

Reactions: Idahoser

·
Premium Member
10,339 Posts
I'm embarrassed to explain myself, I would look at me like I was crazy to hear this story
Most of us would be embarrassed to try to explain ourselves. Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
5,990 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio

·
Premium Member
20,083 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

·
Premium Member
811 Posts
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
8,193 Posts
Good luck on purchase.
Welcome to Gtt from the Mitten.

·
Registered
3,091 Posts
Welcome from southern KY!

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
45,829 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you all for the welcome.
Hi Del
Welcome to GTT
What model tractor you trying to buy?
2520. We've considered lots of choices in that range, trying to find used, but also got quotes on a new 1025R and 2025R. Wasn't being too picky with used, but if I was ordering a tractor it would dang well have some bells and whistles, and you know what the price tag looks like there.
My concern today is a trailer, I intend to buy and my local JD dealer has a new 16' PiggybackMetalWorks.com car hauler with one missing ramp for a good price. Aside from trying to get the ramp replaced, my reading has led me to believe a bit longer would be preferable. I expect I'll need to rent to get it home though, right now a UHaul car hauler is looking best. Paying to have it shipped would remove all the benefit of finding a good deal, so we'll go get it ourselves somehow.

·
Registered
963 Posts
Welcome to GTT from western PA

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Premium Member
9,753 Posts
Thank you all for the welcome.
2520. We've considered lots of choices in that range, trying to find used, but also got quotes on a new 1025R and 2025R. Wasn't being too picky with used, but if I was ordering a tractor it would dang well have some bells and whistles, and you know what the price tag looks like there.
My concern today is a trailer, I intend to buy and my local JD dealer has a new 16' PiggybackMetalWorks.com car hauler with one missing ramp for a good price. Aside from trying to get the ramp replaced, my reading has led me to believe a bit longer would be preferable. I expect I'll need to rent to get it home though, right now a UHaul car hauler is looking best. Paying to have it shipped would remove all the benefit of finding a good deal, so we'll go get it ourselves somehow.
Why are they charging you to ship the machine? Mine charged a hundo for warranty pickup or other service stuff but they delivered it new for free

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.