Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

My first post here. I have been a JD owner for about 8 years, have just sold my 4105 and have a 3045R Cab (3046R in the USA, not sure why they have it that way) due to be delivered late next week. A few differences I notice, mostly on the placement of turn signal/work lights. My new tractor also has a filler cap on the right hand rear fender, for the wiper fluid I think(never seen that in any other pics on the web), diesel is still on the left fender.

It arrived at the dealer on Friday, so had a quick look over it before it has the pre delivery check and clean. I have R1s fitted to it, plenty of rain/hills here and 5 different width settings come in handy.

Will post some pics once it has been delivered.

Great website too, just been a watcher for too long.

·
Registered
4,083 Posts
Welcome from New York (the state, not the city) kiwifarmer. I'll be watching for your photos. :good2:

·
Administrator
20,364 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

Can't wait to see what your new tractor looks like! :thumbup1gif: :greentractorride:

·
Registered
10,299 Posts
kiwifarmer, Welcome to GTT. :thumbup1gif:Congrats on your new tractor. I'll also be waiting for the pics.

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,203 Posts
:wgtt:

·
Registered
527 Posts
gttgreen.gif

Welcome from Southern Maryland

·
Registered
837 Posts
Welcome from Central Florida.

·
Registered
4,254 Posts

Welcome from New York and thanks for sharing your pics.

Visiting New Zealand is on my bucket list.

·
Premium Member
14,132 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

Looks great ..:bigthumb::bigthumb:

·
Registered
12,570 Posts
:wgtt: Pics are nice so far, can't wait to see it I the field :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,432 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
An Update

I have been leaving this update in the hope things would get better.....first of all the Hydrostatic trans is the worst I have ever used in a tractor, jumpy, hard to hold a steady speed and hard to slow down smoothly when mowing in towards a fence etc The dealer re-calibrated it, but it still ranks as the worst I have used. I loved my 4105 Hydro.

The pto selector slides forward from rear to mid-rear by itself after 10 seconds of mowing, which results in a horrible grinding sound coming from the rear hydraulics. The only way to get it back to the rear only is to turn off the pto or raise the 3ph completely then pull the leaver back, but it just creeps forward again and the noise starts all over again. I've tried holding the lever back as i mow, but it just moves forward like it has a hydraulic ram on it.
The dealer came out today to watch it in the field, as they thought I just didn't have it in the correct rear detent. The mechanic was amazed, never seen anything like it and even disconnected the lever, but it still engaged both pto's and the grinding noise started again. He said it looks and sounds like a major problem, which will mean cab off and opening up the rear of the tractor. He has now taken it back to the workshop.
Before they came out the service manager said to keep using it and they would look at it on the 50 hour service. I tried mowing with it, but then I noticed a front wheel wobbling, 2 wheel nuts left, one halfway out, and I had been mowing steep hills, if that wheel had come off while mowing down hill, there would of been a roll over for sure. They say they had torqued them all up, so watch your wheel nuts if you have a new tractor. So after all this I said it's just not usable, come out and look at what it's doing. I'm not going to put up with this for another 35 hours.

So the Hydro and pto/hydraulics issue are a manufacturing problem, as it has been like this from the first use. Will see how long it's out of action and what they find out the problem is. Will repost here when I know.

Hope everyone else is having fun with their tractors.........

·
Registered
2,843 Posts
Oh no, this is horrible to hear. I can't imagine your disappointment with this expensive investment. Please keep us appraised.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
And the problem is

I have been leaving this update in the hope things would get better.....first of all the Hydrostatic trans is the worst I have ever used in a tractor, jumpy, hard to hold a steady speed and hard to slow down smoothly when mowing in towards a fence etc The dealer re-calibrated it, but it still ranks as the worst I have used. I loved my 4105 Hydro.

The pto selector slides forward from rear to mid-rear by itself after 10 seconds of mowing, which results in a horrible grinding sound coming from the rear hydraulics. The only way to get it back to the rear only is to turn off the pto or raise the 3ph completely then pull the leaver back, but it just creeps forward again and the noise starts all over again. I've tried holding the lever back as i mow, but it just moves forward like it has a hydraulic ram on it.
The dealer came out today to watch it in the field, as they thought I just didn't have it in the correct rear detent. The mechanic was amazed, never seen anything like it and even disconnected the lever, but it still engaged both pto's and the grinding noise started again. He said it looks and sounds like a major problem, which will mean cab off and opening up the rear of the tractor. He has now taken it back to the workshop.
Before they came out the service manager said to keep using it and they would look at it on the 50 hour service. I tried mowing with it, but then I noticed a front wheel wobbling, 2 wheel nuts left, one halfway out, and I had been mowing steep hills, if that wheel had come off while mowing down hill, there would of been a roll over for sure. They say they had torqued them all up, so watch your wheel nuts if you have a new tractor. So after all this I said it's just not usable, come out and look at what it's doing. I'm not going to put up with this for another 35 hours.

So the Hydro and pto/hydraulics issue are a manufacturing problem, as it has been like this from the first use. Will see how long it's out of action and what they find out the problem is. Will repost here when I know.

Hope everyone else is having fun with their tractors.........
All credit to the dealer, they picked up the tractor and called me 4 hours later to say they had the cab off, taken the rear end apart, and found a broken circlip in the hydraulics. Something to do with the pto actuator piston thingy. It has caused more damage than just a broken circlip, and they already have the parts on order which are coming from Italy and Mexico just to name a few. All under warranty of course, but it's the down time which is annoying.
Fingers crossed the parts get here quick.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts