Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I live in ohio & have 5 acres to maintain.been at it almost ten yrs.learned alot/broke alot of equipment but learned to have a spare and be careful.I have a jd compact 4200 with mower and a new (2 yrs ol)x300 garden tractor. I am having problem with x300 stalling,starts mows stops,changed gas.charged battery and used choke carb cleaner,I wonder if it is sp but they do not seem too dirty.What the...

·
Administrator
20,881 Posts
:wgtt:

Sounds like you need a good old fashioned carb tear down and thorough cleaning. :good2:

·
Registered
2,175 Posts

And pictures of tractors....:greentractorride:

·
Registered
372 Posts
Welcome edh.....

Here is a thought..... If it has the switch that shuts off the mower deck when you try to back up..... Maybe it is shutting of the tractor at odd times...
I guess this might only apply if it stopped like the ignition was shut off.... If the tractor will start and run WITHOUT engaging the mower deck that might be a clue....

Good luck...

·
GTT's Pilot in Command (PIC)
8,558 Posts
:gtfam:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
Welcome to GTT edh.

·
Registered
4,485 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Premium Member
14,899 Posts
Welcome from West Virginia

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
sometimes its the simple stuff

before going to dealer and spending $100> I noticed somebody,I won't say who, had the gas filter on backward.changed filter&direction ,now running like a rabbit :greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
37,816 Posts
before going to dealer and spending $100> I noticed somebody,I won't say who, had the gas filter on backward.changed filter&direction ,now running like a rabbit :greentractorride:
Good deal!
That same somebody hangs out here at my house sometimes. I hate that guy.:lol:

Reactions: edh

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
just thought it was fixed

Now having same problem ,runs and stalls,someone suggested since I have done all the gas related solutions it maybe the electronic control module on the x300. anyone have this issue, the tractor has only bee used 2 yrs.?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
stalling for $

dealer charged $300+ sz cleaned carb,etc.ran 10 min. same problems...now sz maybe bad carb.:lol:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Welcome to the site.
I had a yellow lawn mower the would stop after running a little bit come to find out I set the gas cap upside down on the hot engine and it melt the vent closed and it would vapor lock . Try loosening the gas cap when it quits and see if the vent hole is clogged or melted closed check your seat switch .
Good Luck

1 - 15 of 15 Posts