Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchased a 2019, 2025r with the 120r loader & 260b backhoe. (Nov 2019) So many questions ..... Ok to start off I'm in the Nevada high desert mostly poof dust/poor soil, so I will lbe amending it heavily over the next few years. That being said today I got a great deal on a new Tarter rt5 5' tiller, yeah me ..... oh wait it says it needs 25-40 hp & the 2025r only delivers 18 hp at the PTO .... will the tractor have enough PTO power to run this tiller in reverse tine fashion ??? (Did tons of reading on this reverse tine thing its what I really want) So today I was unloading it from my box trailer it weighs in at 638lbs, my tractor wouldn't lift it ? The 2025r/120r is rated for 754lbs, the dealer said it would lift 1100lbs ( always check the sales brochure) any ways by my math thats a 100+ marign. whats the deal ? I have 32 hrs on the tractor & was turning 3000rpm.
Does anyone use a front fork set up on their 2025r is it as limited as it would appear ?? Weight wise.

I would like to use/build a front mounted post hole auger (hydraulic driven) to take advantage of down pressure from the loader frame/tractor weight. Does anyone have any experience here ?

·
Registered
2,599 Posts
Welcome from central Ohio
Welcome GTT.gif

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,136 Posts

·
Super Moderator
5,484 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
Welcome to GTT!

It would likely be best to ask your questions in the MCUT section of the forum, as you will get more views and likely a lot more responses.

Many 2025Rs have the hydraulic pressure set too low on the SCV. I, and many others, have purchased a gauge to confirm this. Since its new, the dealer should adjust it at no cost to you, but some of us adjusted our own.
As to lifting, you have to remember that the rating is at the pivot point. On a pallet, its going to effectively weigh more because its further away from the pivot point.
Also, the high rating the dealer gave you is from the ground, weight in the bucket. It will NOT raise that to full height, thats the 754 number, but again, at the pivot.
How were you lifting? Do you have a set of forks for the front?

As to your tiller usage, 5' is probably at the limit. But you could run a bigger tiller too, you will just go a lot slower with it.
Reverse is best, but it takes a bit more power to run, or you have to go slower. There is always a trade off.
That said, there is a site somewhere (maybe a video) where a guy tested PTO hp on different machines, and it seems the 1025 (and likely the 2025) are fairly underrated on PTO HP. Tractor Tim had a video about this as well, but Id read about it long before his video was up.
In any case, you should be fine with the 5 foot, and youll figure out real fast what your travel speed should be.

·
Premium Member
12,603 Posts
First of all, welcome to GTT.

Second, the 2025R is a true work horse, but not on it's best day will lift 1100 lbs (not sure where your dealer got that from). That said, the first thing I would do is check the hydraulic pressure, mine was very low, once adjusted it really shined. I have been moving 6-700 lb round bales with mine, though I did recently upgrade to a 2038R. I simply need more, if you check out my channel you'll understand. A 5' tiller will be no problem with that tractor, reverse tine will really make it work though. I'll be watching to see what you do with your soil, it would be an interesting project to follow.

·
Registered
1,685 Posts
First of all, welcome to GTT.

Second, the 2025R is a true work horse, but not on it's best day will lift 1100 lbs (not sure where your dealer got that from). That said, the first thing I would do is check the hydraulic pressure, mine was very low, once adjusted it really shined. I have been moving 6-700 lb round bales with mine, though I did recently upgrade to a 2038R. I simply need more, if you check out my channel you'll understand. A 5' tiller will be no problem with that tractor, reverse tine will really make it work though. I'll be watching to see what you do with your soil, it would be an interesting project to follow.
Oh, I dont know, if one were to crank the pressure up past its spec, it would probably lift 1100 lbs to full height once or twice before something expensive broke...lol!
That said, I believe at the proper setting, or on the high end like you and I were/are, it would raise 1000 lbs off the ground a bit, maybe even 1100, but it wouldnt lift it much more than a few inches at best Id think.
I know Ive had a few trees, or sections of them anyway, that were near its limit just to clear the ground to move them without cutting them shorter. Sycamore is a HEAVY wood, especially when its fresh cut. Ash I could take 3 6-8' logs around 20" in diameter fairly easily, but it was standing dead for years before we dropped it, so it wasnt very heavy.

·
Premium Member
12,603 Posts
That said, I believe at the proper setting, or on the high end like you and I were/are, it would raise 1000 lbs off the ground a bit, maybe even 1100, but it wouldnt lift it much more than a few inches at best Id think.
Yes, you are correct, but I was referring to lift. I had a pallet of roofing materials that was a little over 1000# and I could pick it up enough to move it, but not lift it.

·
Administrator
20,368 Posts
Welcome!!!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts