Green Tractor Talk banner

New Member Suggestion...

19K views 34 replies 23 participants last post by  Green Hornet 2 
#1 · (Edited)
As a new member here at GTT, i have spent some time looking around the site. I highly suggest you go to the What Did You Do With Your Deere Today forum, go as far back and work your way to the present. Personally I got a significant insight into the capability of the machine, implements, uses, and the crafty ways the members of this board utilize them as well. You are at the right place!

and by the way.... WELCOME!
-Lou

#3 ·
LoneWolf-

The GTT moderators may want to find a new folder for the What Did You Do thread, as it is currently in the SCUT folder. I have a large frame utility Deere (4720); I'd be interested in what folks with medium or large frame machines are doing more so than the small compact crowd.

I haven't seen my beloved Green machine since Thanksgiving, but that will change soon, I hope

Just my two pence' worth,

Brian

#12 ·
LoneWolf-

The GTT moderators may want to find a new folder for the What Did You Do thread, as it is currently in the SCUT folder. I have a large frame utility Deere (4720); I'd be interested in what folks with medium or large frame machines are doing more so than the small compact crowd.

I haven't seen my beloved Green machine since Thanksgiving, but that will change soon, I hope

Just my two pence' worth,

Brian
Brian, There is a thread in the that forum. Hopefully you'll be able to add to it once you get back in the saddle.

#8 ·
#10 · (Edited)
SCUT-- 16 to 19 year olds...think they can do everything.

MCUT-- 20 year olds...learning their limitations.

LCUT-- 21 to 25 year olds...do everything that doesn't take a Large Tractor to do.

LT-- 25 and up year olds...Know their limitations which are few, do everything except what the above are meant to do.

:munch: :greentractorride:

#11 ·
That thread is virtually inspiring. Many amazing demonstrations of attachment use, ingenuity around size limitation and visionary landscape planning. Very inspiring for me, and good advice from you to have new members take a look.

#13 ·
New from North Central Ohio

Thanks LoneStranger for the great suggestion, I will so that immediately.

I'm a 445 owner, inherited when we bought the 7.5 acre property in 03 and it now has over 2500 hrs. and its headed down hill with the everpresend read end oil leak that gets worse every time the diff lock is used, why JD? Seal replaced four times, no improvement. Enough.

Strongly leaning toward a 1025R before the end of the month for the incentive. Want a MMM and FEL and will carry the 54" snow blade along as it understand it will transfer from the 445 to the 1025R with no modification, same unit sold for both. I need the auto connect deck, I'm disabled with very challenging neck/back/leg issues, I"m a mess. So I need all the help I can get with deck removal issues to sharpen blades. All other manufacturers suggest pushing the tractor and deck up with the front loader and blocking and chocking to assure the lift. That still forces me under the unit with my neck in a very bad position for five herniated discs, no way folks.

With the JD auto deck I can remove it and have a hook welded to the loader to lift deck upright, remove the blades & sharpen then replace, drop the deck with the loader and auto connect. That is my plan anyway. It takes most of the manual effort out of it for me which is a must.

Anyone have any suggestions of find holes in my plan? Any help is welcome as this is a site where JD has expert advice! If I should change strategy I need to know now. Thanks in advance.

#14 ·
Thanks LoneStranger for the great suggestion, I will so that immediately.

I'm a 445 owner, inherited when we bought the 7.5 acre property in 03 and it now has over 2500 hrs. and its headed down hill with the everpresend read end oil leak that gets worse every time the diff lock is used, why JD? Seal replaced four times, no improvement. Enough.

Strongly leaning toward a 1025R before the end of the month for the incentive. Want a MMM and FEL and will carry the 54" snow blade along as it understand it will transfer from the 445 to the 1025R with no modification, same unit sold for both. I need the auto connect deck, I'm disabled with very challenging neck/back/leg issues, I"m a mess. So I need all the help I can get with deck removal issues to sharpen blades. All other manufacturers suggest pushing the tractor and deck up with the front loader and blocking and chocking to assure the lift. That still forces me under the unit with my neck in a very bad position for five herniated discs, no way folks.

With the JD auto deck I can remove it and have a hook welded to the loader to lift deck upright, remove the blades & sharpen then replace, drop the deck with the loader and auto connect. That is my plan anyway. It takes most of the manual effort out of it for me which is a must.

Anyone have any suggestions of find holes in my plan? Any help is welcome as this is a site where JD has expert advice! If I should change strategy I need to know now. Thanks in advance.
Sounds like you have a good grip on the situation. The auto connect is the best thing ever done on a tractor used to do some mowing. A couple of Kenny's bolt on hooks for the FEL and a few straps and you will be good to go. Good luck! :bigthumb:

#18 ·
yes

Yes, he admitted they purchased 50 1025R's and were not selling them as anticipated due to a two month drought in mowing season. But, I came to appreciate this man and would be surprised if moving product was the case and they had 2 series on the lot too. I now wonder what the price difference actually might be. I can't seem to find anything on them.

#19 ·
Is there a member map or way to search for members geographically? I thought this might help if local people wanted to help each other out or even borrow an implement. Obviously they would do this kind of think at their own risk etc.

#22 ·
time, energy, resources, admin support from the owners (Vertical Scope), probable lack of member participation are just a few.

#23 ·
It's not mandatory, but quite a few members willingly show their location either in their signature or avatar.

#28 ·
It's a wide front with the straight front axle (not the swept back short turn radius style). Gas, collar shift, no reverser, 2 stage clutch with no front pto. Clam shell fenders. It's not real pretty but I plan to repaint some of the sheet metal and eventually the wheels. It's also got the row crop rear axle. I've recently shortened them. Got tired of replacing gate posts, etc. I have a 47 loader I'll be putting back on it when it's back together. Hopefully that will happen before the snow flies (last year it did snow today....)

#31 ·
May I suggest the 1025r with either the 60” or 54” mower deck, fitted with a Load N Go . This will allow you to auto connect/disconnect the deck and, after removing the loader bucket, pick up the mower deck and turn it vertically to clean the underside and sharpen the blades.

Only the new 54” deck can be equipped with the Load N Go attachment. Previous years won’t work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.