Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 30 of 30 Posts

·
Administrator
19,014 Posts
Any reason not to put one together?
time, energy, resources, admin support from the owners (Vertical Scope), probable lack of member participation are just a few.

·
Super Moderator
5,741 Posts
It's not mandatory, but quite a few members willingly show their location either in their signature or avatar.

·
Registered
1,539 Posts
Is there a member map or way to search for members geographically? I thought this might help if local people wanted to help each other out or even borrow an implement. Obviously they would do this kind of think at their own risk etc.
It's not perfect, but you can go to Member List in the green navigation bar at the top, then click on Advanced Search and search by location. It only applies to folks who put that info in their profile, and has issues, but it's a start...

·
Registered
20 Posts
As a new member here at GTT, i have spent some time looking around the site. I highly suggest you go to the What Did You Do With Your Deere Today forum, go as far back and work your way to the present. Personally I got a significant insight into the capability of the machine, implements, uses, and the crafty ways the members of this board utilize them as well. You are at the right place!

and by the way.... WELCOME!
-Lou
Thanks!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Just joined, glad to be onboard. I grew up with green paint and continue in that tradition today. I try to do most of my own repairs and will be posting based on those "adventures". I'm in the middle of working on my 1966 2020 and rediscovering how fine the line is between brave and foolish.

·
Registered
932 Posts
Just joined, glad to be onboard. I grew up with green paint and continue in that tradition today. I try to do most of my own repairs and will be posting based on those "adventures". I'm in the middle of working on my 1966 2020 and rediscovering how fine the line is between brave and foolish.
Would love to see pics of your 2020!! Is it wide front and what style of fenders? Gas or diesel?

·
Registered
7 Posts
It's a wide front with the straight front axle (not the swept back short turn radius style). Gas, collar shift, no reverser, 2 stage clutch with no front pto. Clam shell fenders. It's not real pretty but I plan to repaint some of the sheet metal and eventually the wheels. It's also got the row crop rear axle. I've recently shortened them. Got tired of replacing gate posts, etc. I have a 47 loader I'll be putting back on it when it's back together. Hopefully that will happen before the snow flies (last year it did snow today....)

·
Premium Member
10,124 Posts
;) (y) Nothing like a 2020 to be rebuilt in 2020 to always serve as a reminder of just how "special" this year has been.......Here's to a return to normal when the rebuilt "JD 2020" can operate in 2021 and beyond............., with it's head hung high.

Reactions: Oscar Leroy

·
Registered
21 Posts
As a new member here at GTT, i have spent some time looking around the site. I highly suggest you go to the What Did You Do With Your Deere Today forum, go as far back and work your way to the present. Personally I got a significant insight into the capability of the machine, implements, uses, and the crafty ways the members of this board utilize them as well. You are at the right place!

and by the way.... WELCOME!
-Lou
Thanks for the heads up

21 - 30 of 30 Posts