Green Tractor Talk banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts
Any reason not to put one together?
time, energy, resources, admin support from the owners (Vertical Scope), probable lack of member participation are just a few.

It's not mandatory, but quite a few members willingly show their location either in their signature or avatar.

Is there a member map or way to search for members geographically? I thought this might help if local people wanted to help each other out or even borrow an implement. Obviously they would do this kind of think at their own risk etc.
It's not perfect, but you can go to Member List in the green navigation bar at the top, then click on Advanced Search and search by location. It only applies to folks who put that info in their profile, and has issues, but it's a start...

As a new member here at GTT, i have spent some time looking around the site. I highly suggest you go to the What Did You Do With Your Deere Today forum, go as far back and work your way to the present. Personally I got a significant insight into the capability of the machine, implements, uses, and the crafty ways the members of this board utilize them as well. You are at the right place!

and by the way.... WELCOME!
-Lou
Thanks!

Just joined, glad to be onboard. I grew up with green paint and continue in that tradition today. I try to do most of my own repairs and will be posting based on those "adventures". I'm in the middle of working on my 1966 2020 and rediscovering how fine the line is between brave and foolish.

Just joined, glad to be onboard. I grew up with green paint and continue in that tradition today. I try to do most of my own repairs and will be posting based on those "adventures". I'm in the middle of working on my 1966 2020 and rediscovering how fine the line is between brave and foolish.
Would love to see pics of your 2020!! Is it wide front and what style of fenders? Gas or diesel?

It's a wide front with the straight front axle (not the swept back short turn radius style). Gas, collar shift, no reverser, 2 stage clutch with no front pto. Clam shell fenders. It's not real pretty but I plan to repaint some of the sheet metal and eventually the wheels. It's also got the row crop rear axle. I've recently shortened them. Got tired of replacing gate posts, etc. I have a 47 loader I'll be putting back on it when it's back together. Hopefully that will happen before the snow flies (last year it did snow today....)

;) (y) Nothing like a 2020 to be rebuilt in 2020 to always serve as a reminder of just how "special" this year has been.......Here's to a return to normal when the rebuilt "JD 2020" can operate in 2021 and beyond............., with it's head hung high.

As a new member here at GTT, i have spent some time looking around the site. I highly suggest you go to the What Did You Do With Your Deere Today forum, go as far back and work your way to the present. Personally I got a significant insight into the capability of the machine, implements, uses, and the crafty ways the members of this board utilize them as well. You are at the right place!

-Lou
Thanks for the heads up

May I suggest the 1025r with either the 60” or 54” mower deck, fitted with a Load N Go . This will allow you to auto connect/disconnect the deck and, after removing the loader bucket, pick up the mower deck and turn it vertically to clean the underside and sharpen the blades.

Only the new 54” deck can be equipped with the Load N Go attachment. Previous years won’t work.

New from North Central Ohio

Thanks LoneStranger for the great suggestion, I will so that immediately.

I'm a 445 owner, inherited when we bought the 7.5 acre property in 03 and it now has over 2500 hrs. and its headed down hill with the everpresend read end oil leak that gets worse every time the diff lock is used, why JD? Seal replaced four times, no improvement. Enough.

Strongly leaning toward a 1025R before the end of the month for the incentive. Want a MMM and FEL and will carry the 54" snow blade along as it understand it will transfer from the 445 to the 1025R with no modification, same unit sold for both. I need the auto connect deck, I'm disabled with very challenging neck/back/leg issues, I"m a mess. So I need all the help I can get with deck removal issues to sharpen blades. All other manufacturers suggest pushing the tractor and deck up with the front loader and blocking and chocking to assure the lift. That still forces me under the unit with my neck in a very bad position for five herniated discs, no way folks.

With the JD auto deck I can remove it and have a hook welded to the loader to lift deck upright, remove the blades & sharpen then replace, drop the deck with the loader and auto connect. That is my plan anyway. It takes most of the manual effort out of it for me which is a must.

Anyone have any suggestions of find holes in my plan? Any help is welcome as this is a site where JD has expert advice! If I should change strategy I need to know now. Thanks in advance.
May I suggest the 1025r with either the 60” or 54” mower deck, fitted with a Load N Go . This will allow you to auto connect/disconnect the deck and, after removing the loader bucket, pick up the mower deck and turn it vertically to clean the underside and sharpen the blades.

Only the new 54” deck can be equipped with the Load N Go attachment. Previous years won’t work.

-Lou
Thanks for the welcome.
Awaiting delivery of my first JD.
I'm in Australia, and expecting it in the next 2 weeks. Lots of great tips so far.
Thanks. Be well.

-Lou

Well, you are not a new member any longer, as you started this thread 5 years ago, but it keeps being bumped up from time to time.

A 5 year belated welcome to you!

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.