Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I have a 1026 on order that I will be taking delivery on in a week or so. I just started reading this forum and will have a question on the use of the 60D Mower with the Hydraulic Mower Lift System and with the H120 Loader. Both will use the SCV lever. Do you lose the bucket curl ability when you have the 60D attached? Or, are both able to be used without changing any connections?

· Registered
745 Posts
Hi Wrangler, Welcome to the forum. I have a 2305 with the hydraulic mmm lift. I have a svc control lever that I raise the mower all the way up and lock it in the up position.
Than push the svc lever in and use the curl on the bucket. When done with the bucket position it how you want it and pull the lever out and unlock the mmm and you are good to go.

Doug

· Registered
5,025 Posts
I cant see why anyone would have the loader and mower on the 1026r at the same time. The mmm gos on and off so ez, why have it on when not mowing ?

· Administrator
24,588 Posts
:wgtt:

The independent lift on the 1 series is very different than the 2305. To use the mower lift, it has to be plugged in. To use the loader, it has to be plugged in. You can't actively use both at the same time. It is only on QD so changing it around is fast and easy. You can do a search on the independent lift and get lots of good reading.:thumbup1gif: You can leave the mower on and locked in the up position to use the loader if you'd like, but it is very easy to just remove the deck to do loader work and vise versa.:good2:

Glad you joined up Wrangler, you have a great tractor headed your way!:drinks:

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Update on the 1026R:
I went by the dealer today and they have the tractor, loader, and 60-D in and installed. I am waiting on the box blade, rear blade, and landscape rake. The imatch hitch is on back order till June like was discussed earlier. I looked the tractor over and sure enough, the loader stand makes contact with the bracket on the front of the tractor. The service manager said he would look into that, saying it shouldn't do that. He did pull up the serial number on the loader and it had a PIP (product improvement) against it and was done before it left the factory. I didn't get the specifics on that to see if it was the revised parking stand, or the brackets that the stand mounts in (as some earlier posts indicated are breaking). I asked if they had encountered any of the leaking transmissions, radiator caps, missing bolts, etc...Issues that have been reported here. Only thing he as seen in their shop has been some loose bolts.

Good news is that he wants to go over all these things to make sure my delivery is perfect from the start. I am going back tomorrow and look things over again. I will give my implements another few days to make it in and probably will not take delivery until sometime next week. On the imatch, since it is back-ordered until June, he has offered a non green version. I may take that upon the condition that I can swap it for the new revised deere imatch when it comes in.

My thanks to everyone in this forum. Your discussions have given me many things to watch out for.

· Administrator
24,588 Posts
Thanks for the update!

Wrangler, It sounds like you have a great and dedicated dealer. Customer service is a dying thing these days. Kudos to these guys!:thumbup1gif: My dollar will always go back to the people who are always there to help me when I need it.:drinks:

Keep us up to date and post some pictures when you get a chance!:hi:

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Status as of Saturday on 1026R

I was back at the dealer to look the tractor over more closely today and discovered several issues:

1. I had ordered the 60D MMM with the independant lift (hydraulic using the SCV lever). I saw no signs of this being present. The service manager confirmed that no this had the mechanical lift. My price quote was for the hydraulic option. I believe that this a $300-$400 option.

2. The H120 loader I ordered was to have the 49" quick attach bucket. This one looks like it is bolted on. Again not what I ordered as I was thinking about adding the pallet forks later and the quick attach/detach option was going to be utilized.

My sales guy looked puzzled when I brought these issues up. He did say that he did order the independant lift option when he placed the order. As to the bucket issue, he looked on his online configuration guide and couldn't find the quick attach bucket and didn't think it was orderable. I told him that I have seen several already thanks to this forum.

3. I had the Service Manager look at the loader stand and pointed out to him that it is rubbing against the front of the weight attach bracket. There were also 2 strange looking attachments on the bottom of the parking stand (possible shipping parts that had not been removed). I would think that these things will hit the deck. See the attached photo:

So now I have some things to think about. Sales guy and Service Manager said they would get things sorted out or corrected before I take delivery. I haven't signed anything or put any money down yet, so i still have the upper hand. I think the sales guy dropped the ball on this order.

I was thinking that maybe I don't need the independant lift for the mower, but the price would have to be reduced to compensate for this error. The quick attach bucket I do want though. Per the build your own, there is no price difference on the 2 49" buckets. There may be a price change for the correct carrier though.

Currently, the build you own is not functioning for the 1026R. Not sure what is up with that. Maybe they are making changes on the website.

I was hoping to take delivery sometime next week. But it could take longer to correct the order problems if I decide to insist on my changes.

By the way, I mowed about 1-1/2 acres today with an older Deere LX172 riding mower 38" cut width. Was beat up and tired when finished.

The 1026 will be used to mow on the 1-1/2 acres plus an additional 1-3/4 acres (my dad's place) on a weekly basis. Additionally the tractor will be used of odd's n end work on my 82 adjoining acres of mix of woods/pasture/cattle pens to get to places where my John Deere 5525 Cab model w/542 loader can't go.

Any comments and advice are welcome.........

Attachments

· Registered
96 Posts
It looks like your loader stand is "Rev 3" in my opinion. Mine looks identical and is now back at the dealer for replacement of the loader stand to fix the bumper binding issue (I hope). Someone else called those extensions "landing gear". I call them a quick fix attempt.

From what I have read:

Rev 1: 2011 models, stand too long, hits mower deck when disconnecting (complaints).

Rev 2: 2012 models, stand shortened, hits bumper but does not sit high enough for detach/attach.

Rev 3: 2012 models, extensions added for improved attach/detach. Bumper interference remains.

This is my opinion- I would love to here others feedback.

· Registered
487 Posts
1026R/H120 is definitely supposed to come equipped with the JDQA loader bucket. The pin on version is standard with the D120 loader package, so unless you were quoted for this non-quik park style loader, you should have JDQA.

· Administrator
24,588 Posts
I was back at the dealer to look the tractor over more closely today and discovered several issues:

1. I had ordered the 60D MMM with the independant lift (hydraulic using the SCV lever). I saw no signs of this being present. The service manager confirmed that no this had the mechanical lift. My price quote was for the hydraulic option. I believe that this a $300-$400 option. Look behind the left rear wheel for the gold colored mower lift linkage from the 3PH. This will confirm that the tractor is mechanical lift. The hydraulic lift will have a hydraulic hose coming out to the loader QD's

2. The H120 loader I ordered was to have the 49" quick attach bucket. This one looks like it is bolted on. Again not what I ordered as I was thinking about adding the pallet forks later and the quick attach/detach option was going to be utilized. The H120 loader is JDQA. Make sure it is a H120

My sales guy looked puzzled when I brought these issues up. He did say that he did order the independant lift option when he placed the order. As to the bucket issue, he looked on his online configuration guide and couldn't find the quick attach bucket and didn't think it was orderable. I told him that I have seen several already thanks to this forum.

3. I had the Service Manager look at the loader stand and pointed out to him that it is rubbing against the front of the weight attach bracket. There were also 2 strange looking attachments on the bottom of the parking stand (possible shipping parts that had not been removed). I would think that these things will hit the deck. See the attached photo:

So now I have some things to think about. Sales guy and Service Manager said they would get things sorted out or corrected before I take delivery. I haven't signed anything or put any money down yet, so i still have the upper hand. I think the sales guy dropped the ball on this order.

I was thinking that maybe I don't need the independant lift for the mower, but the price would have to be reduced to compensate for this error. The quick attach bucket I do want though. Per the build your own, there is no price difference on the 2 49" buckets. There may be a price change for the correct carrier though.

Currently, the build you own is not functioning for the 1026R. Not sure what is up with that. Maybe they are making changes on the website.

I was hoping to take delivery sometime next week. But it could take longer to correct the order problems if I decide to insist on my changes.

By the way, I mowed about 1-1/2 acres today with an older Deere LX172 riding mower 38" cut width. Was beat up and tired when finished.

The 1026 will be used to mow on the 1-1/2 acres plus an additional 1-3/4 acres (my dad's place) on a weekly basis. Additionally the tractor will be used of odd's n end work on my 82 adjoining acres of mix of woods/pasture/cattle pens to get to places where my John Deere 5525 Cab model w/542 loader can't go.

Any comments and advice are welcome.........
The independent lift can easily be added by your dealer.:hi: Make sure they demonstrate the mower installation/removal procedure a few times there at the dealership. It requires true set-up and adjustment, not just assembly.

· Registered
218 Posts
I have found on my loader stand (rev. B that hits the bumper) that the stand is barely clearing the tires when detaching/attaching. Therefore, I think the landing gear could be a fix to make the stand a little taller. Not sure about this, but just a WAG.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Delivery Date draws near

Well here's an update to my original post. My 1026R is now ready for delivery. Independant mower lift now installed. 60D and H120 have been tested for mounting and unmounting function. All of my implements are in except for the Landscape Rake and the New Imatch quick hitch, which will be delivered upon arrival.

Going in tomorrow afternoon to sign the paperwork, taking advantage of the 0% for 60 months and the $750 discount on two implements. Not sure what the June deals will be. But, this looks good enough.
Delivery is expected to be Wednesday afternoon or Thursday.

Here is the actual tractor as I looked it over on Monday.
Vehicle Agricultural machinery Tractor Lawn Grass

Thanks to all for their input on this forum re: the 1026R. I am looking forward to getting in some seat time mowing and playing over the next week.

· Registered
2,425 Posts
Congrats on the new 1026r!

BTW, that pic looks like the dealer yard that is just a couple of miles from me. Is that the dealership just outside of Tyler on HWY 155?

· Premium Member
457 Posts
Looks great! If , well When you decide to get some forks, I would consider Artillian >>Artillian Tractor Attachments
My 1026R is 2 weeks old and I bought forks from the dealer. In the past for my bigger CUT they were Frontier, and heavy, but did the job. This time around the JD dealership chose the HLA forks painted Green, and made to hook up to the H loader.. BUT they weight about 55 pounds more than the artillian and have half the capacity and they are only 36 inch tines... youll want 42 anyway.
Best to spend the 780 bucks and get what has the best design and lightest. Lighter?, yeah the SCUT doesnt have a lot of lift power, so ever pound counts! Also the Artillian has removable backstop, to further lighten the forks for the low center of gravity lifts.
I SOLD my Brand new HLA forks today ( .9 hrs on the 1026R) and will be ordering Artillian. It was an expensive mistake but the quality of the Artillian will make up for that. The Artillian is less than the HLA dealer cost

· Administrator
24,588 Posts
Congrats on the new 1026R!

Glad to see you got it! :yahoo: What projects do you have planned for your new tractor?

Thanks for the pic too.:good2:

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Looks great! If , well When you decide to get some forks, I would consider Artillian >>Artillian Tractor Attachments
My 1026R is 2 weeks old and I bought forks from the dealer. In the past for my bigger CUT they were Frontier, and heavy, but did the job. This time around the JD dealership chose the HLA forks painted Green, and made to hook up to the H loader.. BUT they weight about 55 pounds more than the artillian and have half the capacity and they are only 36 inch tines... youll want 42 anyway.
Best to spend the 780 bucks and get what has the best design and lightest. Lighter?, yeah the SCUT doesnt have a lot of lift power, so ever pound counts! Also the Artillian has removable backstop, to further lighten the forks for the low center of gravity lifts.
I SOLD my Brand new HLA forks today ( .9 hrs on the 1026R) and will be ordering Artillian. It was an expensive mistake but the quality of the Artillian will make up for that. The Artillian is less than the HLA dealer cost
FormulaB,

Yes I am considering the Artillian. All per the reccommendations found on this website.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Glad to see you got it! :yahoo: What projects do you have planned for your new tractor?

Thanks for the pic too.:good2:
dieselshadow,

In addition to weekly mowing of about 2.5 ac., loader work to fill in some holes in the yard, work in the cattle pen to level cattle ruts and wash out areas. I am thinking the landscape rake will be good for dragging areas just to scratch up the ground a little. Rear blade and box blade to be used to groom a washed out and rutted road in the woods on my place.

I have a 2005 JD 5525 Cab model that I use for tasks that are wide open enough for the Cab Tractor to get into. But, It can't operate in the woods very well, just due to it's height.

· Registered
8 Posts
FEL Forks

I was looking into forks also, and thought the "Artillian" looked like a better deal than anything else out there, including models from "Everything Attachments," which have a pretty nice set up. The main difference for me is whether or not the forks could slide when using them for something like clearing brush piles and moving things other than pallets. But then there's also the question as to adjustability when thinking notched vs. infinite adjustment.

Latest and Greatest on Artillian JDQA Pallet Forks - YouTube

Construction Attachments 42" John Deere, John Deer, Quick Attach JD, Compact Pallet Forks CAL-1PFCMPSM42

The "Artillians" look like they would not be able to move on you at all while working with them, but I wondered how easy/hard it is to adjust them when you need to. Any feedback from actual experience would be helpful. I have to say that I found this forum when looking for info and advise after I decided to order a 1026R, and the information on here is invaluable. I'll do a post after I have everything and get it situated. Perhaps this question belongs on a post of it's own, but since I saw someone referencing the "Artillian," I saw it as a opportunity to ask.

:thumbup1gif:

· Premium Member
1,608 Posts
I've had my Artillian forks for a couple weeks now and have used them to move pallets as well as to remove a railroad tie retaining wall. Let me just say they worked perfectly. They truley are TOP NOTCH. When you need to move the tines in or out they are very easy to adjust. I got the ones with the spring loaded pin lock. If you'd like I can post pictures or even video to the site showing you. Just let me know what you want to see.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.