Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings everyone. I’ve been lurking in the shadows for a few months and have learned an immense amount of information. Thank you for that first and foremost. I ordered a 1025R factory installed TLB back in the first week of April, along with an R3049 tiller, HLA pallet forks, single point connector (thanks Mark), and 54” mower deck with load n go ramps. My tractor arrived a few weeks ago and a series of bad luck and a busy service department have delayed the delivery up to this point. Currently the tractor is done being setup other than loading the R3 radial tires, but they had to order new valve stems. Long story on all the delays up to this point and that leads me to my big question. I went out there last Tuesday with the intent on looking at the machine and doing the paperwork. Unfortunately the John Deere system was apparently down and the plan was for them to just email me the documents and I would docusign them on my computer. My salesman does not want to do the paperwork until the tractor is 100% ready to be delivered because my warranty will start as soon as the papers are signed. So I finally got to look at the machine and literally right as I was about to leave I looked down and noticed that the floorboard on the right side (while sitting on the tractor) appeared to be raised up slightly and thus the lines from the rear fender into the floorboard didn’t match up very well. I also noticed the load n go bracket was basically touching the hydraulic lines and the bracket where all four lines come through didn’t seem to fit in the floorboard cutout all that great. I kick myself for not getting pictures to post here. Would anyone with a newer version 54” deck, that has the load n go brackets, be able to post a picture with the deck fully raised? I spoke with my salesman today and asked him again to have the shop look at the area and he said he walked around to all the other tractors he has on the lot and they all looked the same. While I gave it all a pretty good look, and didn’t see any scratches or obvious damage, I am concerned that this isn’t normal. I told him to not make for a awkward delivery as I will be going over it whenever it’s delivered. There are just so many items right in that area to be damaged that I don’t want to buy a brand new mess. My salesman has been nice but he’s been a really bad communicator throughout the process and now the seed of doubt has been planted. I don’t want my kindness to be mistaken for weakness. I have looked and I cannot seem to find the specific picture I am after so that’s why I come to you guys and gals for help. If someone can prove my suspicions are correct then I will have to see the tractor once again before signing anything and possibly walk away from this deal depending on what my salesman tells me. I apologize for the long post and I look forward to the day I can post the delivery pictures! As I said earlier I kick myself for not taking photos of the area in question, but I did get a teaser photo for everyone. Hopefully this will hold everyone over and be enough for someone to post a pic of their 54” with load n go in the raised position? Thank you in advance!

51D1FF14-3BA9-4CD7-A8BB-A2AC707EEFC8.jpeg

·
Premium Member
81 Posts
Greetings everyone. I’ve been lurking in the shadows for a few months and have learned an immense amount of information. Thank you for that first and foremost. I ordered a 1025R factory installed TLB back in the first week of April, along with an R3049 tiller, HLA pallet forks, single point connector (thanks Mark), and 54” mower deck with load n go ramps. My tractor arrived a few weeks ago and a series of bad luck and a busy service department have delayed the delivery up to this point. Currently the tractor is done being setup other than loading the R3 radial tires, but they had to order new valve stems. Long story on all the delays up to this point and that leads me to my big question. I went out there last Tuesday with the intent on looking at the machine and doing the paperwork. Unfortunately the John Deere system was apparently down and the plan was for them to just email me the documents and I would docusign them on my computer. My salesman does not want to do the paperwork until the tractor is 100% ready to be delivered because my warranty will start as soon as the papers are signed. So I finally got to look at the machine and literally right as I was about to leave I looked down and noticed that the floorboard on the right side (while sitting on the tractor) appeared to be raised up slightly and thus the lines from the rear fender into the floorboard didn’t match up very well. I also noticed the load n go bracket was basically touching the hydraulic lines and the bracket where all four lines come through didn’t seem to fit in the floorboard cutout all that great. I kick myself for not getting pictures to post here. Would anyone with a newer version 54” deck, that has the load n go brackets, be able to post a picture with the deck fully raised? I spoke with my salesman today and asked him again to have the shop look at the area and he said he walked around to all the other tractors he has on the lot and they all looked the same. While I gave it all a pretty good look, and didn’t see any scratches or obvious damage, I am concerned that this isn’t normal. I told him to not make for a awkward delivery as I will be going over it whenever it’s delivered. There are just so many items right in that area to be damaged that I don’t want to buy a brand new mess. My salesman has been nice but he’s been a really bad communicator throughout the process and now the seed of doubt has been planted. I don’t want my kindness to be mistaken for weakness. I have looked and I cannot seem to find the specific picture I am after so that’s why I come to you guys and gals for help. If someone can prove my suspicions are correct then I will have to see the tractor once again before signing anything and possibly walk away from this deal depending on what my salesman tells me. I apologize for the long post and I look forward to the day I can post the delivery pictures! As I said earlier I kick myself for not taking photos of the area in question, but I did get a teaser photo for everyone. Hopefully this will hold everyone over and be enough for someone to post a pic of their 54” with load n go in the raised position? Thank you in advance!

View attachment 790455
Very nice! Congratulations on a NEW tractor!!! Sorry you have issues that you should not.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
I don't have LnG but here is a picture of the hydraulic connections. I had never noticed that it doesn't follow same shape as the floorboard.

@MarkEagleUSA has LnG on 54d. Can you get a picture mark?

Welcome to gtt👍

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks everyone and thank you Jimmy for the picture! Unfortunately I am just going from memory, but your picture does look pretty similar to what I remember which is good. What made me start looking specifically was right where the rear fender and floorboard meet. If you zoom way in on the photo I posted you’ll see that sides “corner” meet up perfectly fine. On the other side the floorboard part is up somewhere between 1/2” to 1” higher than the rear fender line. That’s why I started looking and noticed the black inner fender have a nice even line where it met the green part of the fender. Then I noticed how close the load n go bracket was to the hydraulic lines...in fact they were touching basically. I lowered the deck slightly thinking maybe it was putting force on the floorboard but it wasn’t...at least not now that the floorboard is raised up. I hope it’s nothing to worry about but it caught my eye. Maybe they removed the floorboard to install the deck lift linkage (standard mechanical lift system) and reinstalled the floorboard a little out of whack? Appreciate the responses so far

·
Premium Member
2,277 Posts
Welcome from north Alabama. I’m agreeing with @tibadoe , don’t sign until you’re happy.

·
Registered
1,944 Posts
Welcome from mid Michigan

Reactions: Curt5010

·
Premium Member
'20 1025R, 120R, 54D
1,796 Posts
I can't get a pic with the deck until I get my SPHC sorted out. I can say my floorboard appears normal and the Load-N-Go just clears (to the outside) the port block. The only issue I've had is the coupler covers getting caught in the LnG hook when trying to back off the deck.

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

Make sure you are satisfied -- as it is theirs until you sign.

rob

·
Premium Member
995 Posts
It is a great machine and welcome to GTT.com.

rob

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
So once I get the detailed invoice with all the serial numbers and then sign everything it is considered mine at that point? Or up until it is delivered and I accept receipt of it? The original plan of signing everything electronically is going to get put off then if that is the case. I will be going in person, looking it over again, and then making my decision. In the mean time I am going to ask the salesman if he can send me a photo or two of the area. My gut feeling was that it wasn’t right, but darned if I can find a good photo anywhere of exactly the problem I think I’m seeing. Then the experts here would be able to weigh in their opinion. I don’t want to go there in person and get pressured into signing. This has been a nerve wracking adventure so far. Thanks again!

·
Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
1,300 Posts
Welcome to GTT from SE PA! I don't have a pics for you with a 54 or the new style deck, however here's a picture of the floorboard and couplers. I've got a 2017 with a 60" deck and load-n-go's. (Deck is not fully raised in this pic. )

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Matt. You picture looks exactly like I would expect it to look, both the green and black parts of the fender and floorboard meet up evenly . I’m going to ask the salesman to provide photos and if he does then I will post them. Part of me feels like maybe my memory is off but it was noticeable enough for me to pick out. I’d also like to get everyone’s input on what they think caused it too. When I say I cannot find a picture to compare it to, maybe I should clarify, I cannot find a picture of a 54D with load n go’s installed, and mower raised. I am pretty technically savvy and the floorboard trim not matching up doesn’t concern me... it’s the thought that other components are damage. Thanks again!

·
Registered
1,259 Posts
Welcome to GTT from Wisconsin. Hope everything works out for you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Thank you Mackford! It has been a long process for sure. I’ve been extremely patient throughout this whole thing, probably too patient, so I’m hoping my salesman pulls through and isn’t trying to be deceptive. I can’t even remember all the dumb little things that have happened along the way but it just feels like it will never be over at this point. I went with this guy because although it was apparent he wasn’t a knowledgeable salesman, he seemed genuine. Starting to doubt my judgement these past couple of weeks but the bridge hasn’t been burned yet. An example of the frustration is...got a call that John Deere released it for shipment then heard nothing for two weeks. So I called and was told that he expected it to be delivered today and would call when it was delivered. Radio silence for another two weeks. So I called again and was told that it had just finished being setup and everything was ready to go and I was on his list to call first thing the next morning. Ok... So I sent an email after hours just to make sure we were on the same page and that is when he realized he made a mistake and had them install R4 tires, which they already filled, instead of the R3 radials. Honest mistake and he admitted it right away. So I heard nothing for another 5 days. I showed up unannounced and we sat down to fill stuff out but “John Deere’s system was down” and he wasn’t able to print anything off for me to sign. So we go look at the tractor and I notice this problem as I’m leaving. Tires still weren’t changed by the way. That was last Tuesday afternoon. Emailed Thursday and got no response until today. Now they are waiting on valve stems they had to order so they could load the R3 tires. Trying to be understanding and cut him slack because they are so busy, but I told him that it makes the situation much worse and plants a bad seed when you don’t communicate. We shall see how it is handled going forward. I know most would have snapped by now and moved on, but I won’t take that route with him until I know for sure it’s been done out of deceit. This current issue is the final straw for me so we will see how it goes. I’m sorry for the novel as I never intended on posting all that, but once I got started I just couldn’t stop. Appreciate all the advice so far

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
41,302 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well to my surprise, he sent me two photos today. The first is my tractor with the yellow ramps installed and the second is another tractor he has on the lot. It doesn’t appear nearly as bad as what I remembered it being. So either they fixed something or I am just an idiot. Maybe this will help someone else in the future. Will update with more pictures once I finally get it home.

0308E50E-F262-4804-96C2-BDB0C90F659E.jpeg
3E01116C-8770-4E5E-B426-FF7226C4147B.jpeg

1 - 20 of 26 Posts