Green Tractor Talk banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
These tractors aren't perfect. I've had about a dozen of the compacts and they all had some short comings but were for the most part good tractors.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I hope so Myrna. I know I sound like a whiny pain in the butt but it’s hard to translate. This whole thing started because I looked down and saw the top of the load n go bracket basically touching the bottom of the hydraulic lines. Thank you Lazy Bones for the picture! Your setup shows a good few inches between the load n go and the lines. After I noticed that then the whole thing snowballed into thinking that maybe caused everything else to be pulled up. I’m sure it will be fine.

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
Glad to have you as a new member. As a veteran member and tractor enthusiast, I've worked on tractors, bought and restored tractors, moved into the compacts about 12 years ago. Now having said that I've notice tractor owners that have varied interests. On one scale some use their units as absolute show pieces, polishing daily, looking for every little scratch or mark to buff out keeping their units clean like a dining table. Then I've noticed on the other end of the scale some using their units like a bulldozer...even tying log chains around axles, rigging up who knows what on the hydraulic and mechanical systems. It's hard to say how particular to be. I've never let my units sit outside as they deteriorate greatly from the UV rays. My vehicles sit outside but not my tractors. I use them extensive but don't abuse them, don't worry over scratches or marks, or alignment issues as long as all the mechanicals are correct. Like I say these tractors aren't perfect regardless of price. Each mechanic will treat them differently on setup. I've learned to do most of my own work after 60 plus years working on them but each person has their own interest and the dealers will attempt to work with all spectrums of interest. Sometimes salesmen and mechanics don't say much because they don't know how to respond at times. I ran my own business for decades and a lot of times it was better not to say anything than to respond on what I was thinking. Good luck with your new machine and be sure to post some pictures.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Completely agree with you Machineryman. I’m not one to be concerned with cosmetics usually, I know it doesn’t seem like it, but I’ve never spent this much money on anything but my house. I daily drive a 2002 rusted up dodge diesel haha. I’ve wanted one of these little tractors for years and I’m finally in a position to buy one. The addiction all started about 12 years ago whenever I bought and restored a 1974 John Deere 140 H3. I can’t wait to get it and start tinkering with it. I don’t expect the dealer to have it setup as good as it can be and for me that is most of the fun. Just got the word that it is done and paperwork is being sent over for me to sign. Service department is supposed to be calling me shortly to schedule delivery!

·
Premium Member
1,540 Posts
You're not as paticular as some I've dealt with. Had an older neighbor from childhood and my Uncle and I were the only ones he ever let drive his tractor. Had a friend at Church and I was the only person he would allow to work on his tractor. I have two tractors and I don't allow anyone else to operate. My priorites have been on great mechanical useage. I'm not dealer dependant as I've found most of them not that knowledgeable about mechanics or even their products. It's a numbers game and commissions is the bottom line.

·
Registered
1,552 Posts
Here is a better view of mine.

21 - 26 of 26 Posts