Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm new to green tractors but have been using a Mitsubishi 370 Beaver for close 40 years. Finally decided to go bigger since we purchased some more land. I bought a used low hour 2018 2025R with a loader and backhoe. Since then I have added Ken's Bolt on Hooks front and real tie downs as well as hooks and clevis's. I also got some Edge Tamers and Express Steel tooth bar. I would like to get a brush hog for mowing paths. My question is the 60 inch the correct size since my tires are about 53" wide on the rear?
Thanks,

·
Premium Member
16,143 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

Reactions: Herminator

·
Premium Member
14,994 Posts
I ran a Frontier RC2060 on my 2025R and it ran it like a champ, even though the salesman tried his best to convince me it was too big for a 2025R.

PS
Welcome GTT.gif

·
Registered
5,410 Posts
Welcome to GTT from the Mitten.

·
Registered
310 Posts
I'm new to green tractors but have been using a Mitsubishi 370 Beaver for close 40 years. Finally decided to go bigger since we purchased some more land. I bought a used low hour 2018 2025R with a loader and backhoe. Since then I have added Ken's Bolt on Hooks front and real tie downs as well as hooks and clevis's. I also got some Edge Tamers and Express Steel tooth bar. I would like to get a brush hog for mowing paths. My question is the 60 inch the correct size since my tires are about 53" wide on the rear?
Thanks,
It really depends more on the density and size of the stuff growing on the paths you will be mowing. With the PTO horsepower that you have the 60” and your tractor engine may struggle with thick brush when cutting new paths, but be fine running over moderate growth on already established paths. Only you know the situation where you intend to bush hog.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Welcome to the green team from Wisconsin.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
4,697 Posts
Welcome from New York.

·
Premium Member
7,231 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
2,960 Posts
A big welcome to the GTT forum from Pennsylvania!!

I have the 48”:9 had with my 2305 and it is easily handled by the 2025. You will want your loader on or some weights on the front,

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
39,519 Posts
Welcome to GTT

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It really depends more on the density and size of the stuff growing on the paths you will be mowing. With the PTO horsepower that you have the 60” and your tractor engine may struggle with thick brush when cutting new paths, but be fine running over moderate growth on already established paths. Only you know the situation where you intend to bush hog.
Thanks, the density really varies from place to place on this property. Some areas are heavy in goldenrod and and reed grass to light grass. We took a track skid steer front mounted mower to knock down the heavy stuff including some small trees. for right now its not bad.

·
Premium Member
14,994 Posts
That's the mower I found a good deal on but wasn't sure it was the right size.
Thanks,
I ran that in the same material you posted about above. More brushy material will tend to clean out better, the real workout came in heavy thick grasses, but it still got through it with relative ease. Not to mention, the RC2060 is only rated for 1.5" material IRRC, you should be fine with that cutter.

Reactions: Kbar and MTB98

·
Premium Member
3,499 Posts
Welcome from the PNW

·
Premium Member
11,177 Posts
Regardless of which sized rear cutter you buy, make sure it has a slip clutch that actually WORKS and also safety chains on the front and rear to knock down debris which tends to fly out from under the mower when in use. Also, make sure you cut the PTO shaft to the proper length as a shaft just a little too long can cause significant damage to the tractors rear case should the shaft make contact with the case when the mower is raised. You need to protect the machine from the mower as much as you need to protect yourself from the mower and the slip clutch and the proper length PTO shaft as well as the debris chains are the minimum standard where you should start.

·
Registered
4,041 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio

1 - 20 of 23 Posts