Green Tractor Talk banner

2K views 19 replies 19 participants last post by  VZQHSG 
#1 ·
Greetings,

I just purchased a 1025R. Main use will be snow plowing. Only have 2 acres of land mostly woods. The tractor I bought has beet juice in the rear wheels for ballast and a rear quick connect hitch. Need to get a boom mounted snow plow later this year. I searched on that topic and found your forum.

Many moons ago I helped my Dad restore a 1938 Model B JD. This was the tractor he used as a kid to plow the fields. That tractor taught me that "it's not how fast you spin the fly wheel...but...it's finding the compression spot when you spin the fly wheel" My Dad had some good laughs at my expense. :0)

Dave

#2 ·
Welcome to GTT

#5 ·
Welcome from southern ky!

#6 ·
Welcome to GTT Dave

#9 ·
Welcome to GTT from the Mitten

#14 ·
Welcome from central WI

#15 ·
Welcome from NEPA

#16 ·
Welcome to GTT

#18 ·
Welcome from Central Ohio

#19 ·
Welcome aboard the train for tractors and nuts! Lol

So about this plow... Do you have a fel? You are going to need more than just beet juice if you do. I didn't see what other attachments you may have?

#20 ·
I have a FEL. That's how I will mount my snow plow. Been taking it easy with the type of lifts I do until I get more ballast. Looking at a Heavy Hitch with 70lb weights. Total of 560lbs. Not sure which plow to purchase. Looked at Frontier, EMP, HLA so far. I want to get the 60 inch size. EMP only makes a 6 ft. Dave

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.