Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A couple of weeks again I bought a new milling/drilling machine. I used my newly built JDQA forks to unload it from the trailer.

45 Loader JDQA  Fork.png

It's just a single phase one that I can run at home in the garage/workshop.

P1010279a.jpg

I wanted to be able to move it around so I made up a base for it. I used 8" casters.

P1010283a.jpg

All mounted up on it's movable base.

P1010287a.jpg

·
Administrator
20,350 Posts
What make and model is it? :hi:

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,192 Posts
So, finally get to see what was in the box after watching you unload it on video. :bigthumb: Looks good!

·
Registered
130 Posts
That is a nice looking mill. If you don't mind me asking, what brand is it, where did you get it and about what did it cost?

·
Registered
1,965 Posts
Hiya,

Ahh, the new machine smell. Just a suggestion but you may want to update your mobile base to include adjustable feet so you can level and better immobilize it.

Also, keep your eyes open for Randy, once he sniffs out a new machine he may show up at your door, especially if you have aluminum he can help you turn into chips :good2:

·
Registered
178 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
What make and model is it? :hi:
dieselshadow,

It is a Craftex CX601.

So, finally get to see what was in the box after watching you unload it on video. :bigthumb: Looks good!
Levi,

Thanks. It took me a while to get the base made the way I wanted it.

Smart move on getting a square column mill/drill. :good2: KennyD can tell you why. :laugh:
mjncad,

Thanks and I can just imagine a round column would be hard to lock in place and have a tendency to swing. Don't know for sure, just speculating.

Nice! That's on my list to get.
hodge,

Thanks. I had a smaller mini mill and it just wasn't powerful enough to do some the things I wanted to do.

That is a nice looking mill. If you don't mind me asking, what brand is it, where did you get it and about what did it cost?
gwbruce,

It is a Craftex CX601 and I purchased it from Busy Bee here in Canada. It cost $2650 CDN or about 1988 USD.

Fungus,

Yup, That's the one that I bought.

Hiya,

Ahh, the new machine smell. Just a suggestion but you may want to update your mobile base to include adjustable feet so you can level and better immobilize it.

Also, keep your eyes open for Randy, once he sniffs out a new machine he may show up at your door, especially if you have aluminum he can help you turn into chips :good2:
tomd999,

I thought about putting feet on it and decided not to in the end because all the casters are locking and the garage floor in quite flat. If I find that it does move/shimmy when I'm using it, I will definitely put some feet on it. I'll keep an eye out for Randy!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts