Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I picked up the first piece of equipment yesterday in a multi-trade and purchase deal. I traded in my Z930A and Z915B on a new Z930M. My previous two Ztraks operated fine and would do the job but they had different creature comforts on each with neither standing out as my go to. The new Z takes care of all that by rolling several comforts into one unit. The setup I chose is a Z930M with a 60" MOD deck with a full suspension seat, Xtweel tires and Zglide front suspension system. Took it out yesterday as soon as I got it home and spent almost 3 hrs on it.

A few things that I noticed quickly:
1) It has plenty of power which was a concern. I was thinking I may want more HP but the unit performed great even mowing through some rather tall grass (8-14").
2) It is just as loud as the Z915B. Was told somewhere that the Z930M is a little quieter than the Z915B because it has the Kawasaki engine vs the Kohler. It ain't! I mowed for 30 minutes without protection just to listen and it may even be louder.
3) Suspension - rolling the Zglide, seat and wheels all into this because I cannot tell which items helps or changes the ride as they are added since mine was setup initially with all three. Ride is great on standard turf and slope. Noticeable holes and dips are rough regardless the mower. I didn't find any difference in the ride when hitting old fence post holes or dips in the yard. The ride is definitely more springy with the suspension seat which will take some getting use to but my back appreciated it. Tuned the seat in and got into a good position and was able to cruise on the mower while sitting comfortably in the seat with no fatigue.

All in all, I am very happy with the decision to trade in and get all the comforts I wanted in the Z. Certainly makes cutting grass a task worth looking forward to and enjoyable! I also picked up a new Stihl FS 240R which is a BEAST! It cut through anything I put it near like butter.

Z930M.jpg
Z930M2.jpg
Z930M3.jpg

·
Administrator
20,905 Posts
Wow! Nice. :thumbup1gif:

That’s a huge grass deflector.

·
Registered
4,581 Posts
Nice :yahoo::congrats:

Reactions: GREENVA

·
Old Pa-pa
11,844 Posts
Very nice machine, congrats! :good2:

One thing about a Z, they'll find any bump or dip in the yard, but fine tuning that suspension seat makes a difference.

Too tight not very effective, too loose and you'll bottom out, it really needs a fine balance to work properly.

·
Premium Member
9,172 Posts
Very nice, what does it use for a striping kit, a brush or a roller wheel kit?

Here is some earlier cutting with mine with the striping roller........and this is actually a quite bumpy lawn. I am going to roll it next spring to try and smooth it out some. It's a neighbors lawn that I mow................and I think he has 48 trees to mow around................None in landscape groupings or islands, here a tree, there a tree, everywhere there is a random tree.......They aren't even in rows, it's like someone walked along and dropped them randomly and that's where they were planted.....:dunno:

Attachments

Reactions: johnH123

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Very nice, what does it use for a striping kit, a brush or a roller wheel kit?

Here is some earlier cutting with mine with the striping roller........and this is actually a quite bumpy lawn. I am going to roll it next spring to try and smooth it out some. It's a neighbors lawn that I mow................and I think he has 48 trees to mow around................None in landscape groupings or islands, here a tree, there a tree, everywhere there is a random tree.......They aren't even in rows, it's like someone walked along and dropped them randomly and that's where they were planted.....:dunno:

I don't use a striping kit on my Z. I have thought about adding one but it does a great job on its own.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts