Green Tractor Talk banner

141 - 160 of 185 Posts

·
Administrator
18,543 Posts
I think the masts are taller on the left and right side so the leveling linkage can attach above the loader arms.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
4,029 Posts
What makes you think it won't? The 220R works on the Gen-1 2032R.
I think the masts are taller on the left and right side so the leveling linkage can attach above the loader arms.
It says 2017 model on everything I've seen. Like Kenny says, looks like the masts are different. Do the masts have the same attachment points on New vs Old 2032r?

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
I agree, looks like you would need masts, the arm above the horizonal boom and the "triangle, 3 pin, linkage piece that connects the curl cylinders, linkage, and boom, plus the pins for everything. Times two, for both sides.
Cost wise, I'll bet it's cheaper to trade in or sell your loader and then buy a complete new loader. Sell the new mounts/hardware with the old loader.

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
Cost wise, I'll bet it's cheaper to trade in or sell your loader and then buy a complete new loader.
Yes, it will be, I've already talked to my dealer about this., the question will be, how much will they be willing to give. I wouldn't think there would be a huge market for used loaders, but I could be wrong. He and I agreed that we are both a little baffled about this "field" installation kit, it just doesn't look like something people would want to be swapping back and forth, so very curious to see what that is all about.

On a side note, he was also not notified of a release date, or better, an availability date. He did say that the third function for the large 2R's will be available before the MSL.

·
Premium Member
13,112 Posts
Good find! The MSL definitely doesn't look like it could be retrofitted onto the NSL, it looks like only the top of the boom might be the same.
Even that looks different to me. Compare the area where the 120R sticker is. I think the only thing the same is the parking stand. :)

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
Good find! The MSL definitely doesn't look like it could be retrofitted onto the NSL, it looks like only the top of the boom might be the same.
Don't forget the stand! It looks the same too. :LOL: Jgayman beat me to it, lol

Yeah, there's no way this is a field installed upgrade.

Also, is it me, or do the hydraulic cylinders look shorter on the MSL?

·
Premium Member
13,112 Posts
Don't forget the stand! It looks the same too. :LOL: Jgayman beat me to it, lol

Yeah, there's no way this is a field installed upgrade.

Also, is it me, or do the hydraulic cylinders look shorter on the MSL?
They do. Since there isn't a parts listing yet for the new loaders I compared the NSL/MSL versions of the 440R and the cylinders are all shorter on the MSL version.

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
No way the NSL can be retro fitted to MSL!

·
Premium Member
7,943 Posts
Yes, it will be, I've already talked to my dealer about this., the question will be, how much will they be willing to give. I wouldn't think there would be a huge market for used loaders, but I could be wrong. He and I agreed that we are both a little baffled about this "field" installation kit, it just doesn't look like something people would want to be swapping back and forth, so very curious to see what that is all about.

On a side note, he was also not notified of a release date, or better, an availability date. He did say that the third function for the large 2R's will be available before the MSL.
I would ask your dealer if he has "numbers" or percent of tractors bought without a loader.
My JD 2030 did not have one. It took me 3 years to find one for it, but it was 20 years old when I bought it.

·
Premium Member
13,112 Posts
No way the NSL can be retro fitted to MSL!
Never say never. Here comes a guy who modified a NSL loader to be a MSL loader in 3... 2... 1... :)

·
Premium Member
13,879 Posts
I would ask your dealer if he has "numbers" or percent of tractors bought without a loader.
My JD 2030 did not have one. It took me 3 years to find one for it, but it was 20 years old when I bought it.
I agree, there will some use for them on the market, how much will be the determining factor on trade value. It will be a done deal for me either way, to me it would of great value, maybe not for others.

We have the 245 MSL on our 2555.

·
Premium Member
156 Posts
They do. Since there isn't a parts listing yet for the new loaders I compared the NSL/MSL versions of the 440R and the cylinders are all shorter on the MSL version.
Wondering if this will lead to less range in terms of lift height or bucket articulation.

·
Premium Member
13,112 Posts
Wondering if this will lead to less range in terms of lift height or bucket articulation.
Based on the specifications that doesn't seem to be the case. Keep in mind the cylinders have slightly different attachment points on the MSL. So it's not like taking the existing loader and attaching shorter cylinders.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Registered
175 Posts
Discussion Starter #157
I have no new information from my dealer. I do remember when the 1 series 3rd function was announced it took an awfully long time before they were available. I'm patient though I'll be able to buy it eventually.

I am pretty excited about an OEM 3rd function coming available too.

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Having never used an MSL loader, are they that much better? I can generally keep forks level when using them, I can see Pat's use for handling bales all the time, but for someone that generally uses the loader for material, is the MSL such a huge upgrade?
The biggest benefit to a self leveler is if you are loading dump bed trucks. It helps keep the dirt and rocks from coming over the top of the bucket and falling on your tractor. Which can result in damaged hoods, lights, grills and windshields. Rocks falling from that height can do a number on your hydraulic lines and fittings.

Now it you use your forks 95% of the time vs the bucket a self leveler is worth its weight in gold! EX: Having run big commercial off road forklkfts capable of lifting 10,000lbs and depending on the weight of the material, the weight limit of the boom at different lengths and angles, the self leveler is a life saver when you are setting things into a 3rd story window or on a roof. Dropping down from that height too.

If the tractor had a dual function lever and a bigger pump to handle it better, one wouldn't need a self level bucket because these machines with there height limit only let you go to the same height everytime. Plus you can watch your forks the whole time and keep it level.

Because you can't do that and you are using the forks all the time then I can see justifying the need and price of the self leveler.

Hope that helps answer your question?

Good luck WB!

Reactions: The Satch

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
141 - 160 of 185 Posts