Green Tractor Talk banner

161 - 180 of 185 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I'm not sure that it's not a different loader. I took a freeze frame to compare the loader frame and it looks a lot different, especially near the bucket. Just an observation.
View attachment 746982
View attachment 746983
I was going to do what you just did with sidexside pics. If you look there is a a taller boom mast that is attached to the tractor. The loader now has a new boom arm attached to a new bracket that raised the cylinder up. Also you will see there is a new top bucket bracket that rotates too. It is attached higher on the boom itself in the smaller hole just below the big tube brace hole that guys like to stick chains or shovels in.
What I can't see is what the the top pin on the loader arm that the bucket sits on looks like now or the bottom pin?

By raising the cylinder and adding the extra boom arm is probably what gives you the extra lift capacity, plus the cylinder is shorter now and is attached to the new bracket that helps keep the bucket level. The bracket looks beefy and is definitely stronger than the end of a cylinder rod. That also is helping in the lifting more weight. They changed the dynamics for the better I suppose?

Just what I can see in the video pic and the other pic.

Hopefully it will be available soon and TTWT will get his hands on one! Lol

Reactions: Tractor Tim

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
I found a couple of more pictures that show how really different the loaders are.
View attachment 747133
View attachment 747134
Now that I can see it better they changed a lot. The lowerm boom arm is shorter and they moved the cross tube higher or lenthened the steel below it some to accommodate the new bracket for the leveler. Either way I wasnt far off from my observations from the other pics that were posted.

I don't know ifbI could justify spending the money on a new loader now that I have moved alot of the dirt I needed to move.. But you never know! Lol

·
Premium Member
854 Posts
If you move to Europe.....you can have all you wish for....I posted a Video of the UK model a page or 2 back.
All the functions electronicly operated from 4 buttons on the joystick......one day the Queen will let us have the good stuff.
Oh I was under the impression this MSL setup was for US models.

MSL can not be turned off, it's all mechanical linkages.
JD offered other loaders that had hydraulic leveling, (only on lift IIRC) that the valve could be shut off to disable.
Damn thats too bad it can't be turned off via hydraulics. I wouldn't want it activated all the time.

·
Registered
1,699 Posts
Oh I was under the impression this MSL setup was for US models.

IT IS.....The video I posted of the UK version is electricly/hydro controlled from what I recall.
It Can be turned on/off..all sorts of options

Damn thats too bad it can't be turned off via hydraulics. I wouldn't want it activated all the time.
This new one is Mechanical....its all in the new linkage. Back a page or 2 are some side by side pictures that kinda explain better than I how it all works.

·
Registered
1,381 Posts
The phrase "field installed upgrade" means it can be added to the tractor after factory assembly, not that you can 'upgrade' a NSL to an MSL loader. Think of it in terms of adding the loader to a bare tractor with no loader. It's exactly the same as with the previous NSL loaders. You can order a kit from the dealer and install all the parts 'in the field' versus something that would have to be configured/installed during original factory assembly. It isn't intended to mean you can swap a few pieces to an existing NSL loader to transform it to a MSL loader.

Rob

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
There’s a $568.00 Up change for the MSL loader over the NSL loader and the Hood Guard is not included.

This is for a 1025R loader

·
Registered
112 Posts
4756 MSRP for 300e NSL 845lbs lift @ 500mm
5429 MSRP for MSL 1283lbs lift @ 500mm almost 50% increase!!!!!!!!! actually raises it above the 320R! (still probably less breakout?)
would totally be worth it if it had come out sooner...hmmmm

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
There’s a $568.00 Up change for the MSL loader over the NSL loader and the Hood Guard is not included.

This is for a 1025R loader
ok so I checked with my dealer on the hood guard, it is included with the tractor/loader
Just wanted to correct this!

·
Registered
373 Posts
I found a couple of more pictures that show how really different the loaders are.
View attachment 747133
View attachment 747134
Hi All
I found this picture of an Australian made Howard FEL on a 1025R. Howard Manufactures aftermarket loaders for all brands of tractors ( Case IH, Kubota, New Holland etc, as well as John Deere). Does the design look familia. looks like JD copied it. This loader has been around for a number of years.
Regards John
JohnDeere.jpg

·
Registered
112 Posts
Another quick thought...more grease points! lol

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
My Kubota L45 has a hydraulic self leveling bucket, it can be turned on and off. The self leveling is good with forks and the man lift. If I forget to turn it off and use the bucket, it really sucks.

·
Registered
373 Posts
Hi All
Hi rcguymike you are right there is a total of 28 grease nipples on my msl and 4 in 1 bucket
Hi psrumors "If I forget to turn it off (HSL) and use the bucket, it really sucks." could you please elaborate on why it sucks, I have never used a NSL or a HSL FEL, I have only ever used my MSL loader on my 1025R.
Thanks Regards John

·
Registered
2 Posts
New to tractors and about to purchase a new 1025r. My dealer is saying he doesn't have the MSL 120r available to order in his system yet. I don't have any urgent loader work, mostly mowing and raking, to do. Would it make sense to purchase the tractor now and just come back when the MSL 120R is available and purchase it then? Is it safe to assume that the 2019 1025r that the dealer has on the lot will be compatible with the new MSL 120R? I would lose the option to finance the loader, but I can just save up over the next several months and have the cash ready to go so I don't see that as a downside. Any other reasons I might want to wait until I can just order the tractor and MSL 120R at the same time?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
524 Posts
They are advertising them.. he should be able to reach out to Deere and give you more information about when.
I see no reason they cant do a "prebuy" and wrap it in your financing.

Reactions: PJR832

·
Premium Member
51 Posts
New to tractors and about to purchase a new 1025r. My dealer is saying he doesn't have the MSL 120r available to order in his system yet. I don't have any urgent loader work, mostly mowing and raking, to do. Would it make sense to purchase the tractor now and just come back when the MSL 120R is available and purchase it then? Is it safe to assume that the 2019 1025r that the dealer has on the lot will be compatible with the new MSL 120R? I would lose the option to finance the loader, but I can just save up over the next several months and have the cash ready to go so I don't see that as a downside. Any other reasons I might want to wait until I can just order the tractor and MSL 120R at the same time?

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
it would be my guess he’s trying to move out inventory he has or has access to before the 120R MSL loaders become more desirable than the NSL loaders in the near future. John Deere might even have a”spif” on the NSL loaders to move inventory, manufacturers do this often. JMO

Reactions: BWV

·
Premium Member
457 Posts
I suspect there will FINALLY be some used loaders on the market soon, LOL.

And, strange there is nothing for the 3R series?
Think that is because its design is maxed out on capacity, and these have a greater capacity?> Just a thought

·
Premium Member
13,112 Posts
Looks like parts catalog had finally been updated with msl parts.

Thanks for the heads up.

This points out that just like the MSL loaders for the other tractors, the cylinders ARE different between the NSL and MSL in that the MSL cylinders have a shorter stroke.

The following gives the Bore Dia. x Rod Dia. - Stroke (in mm) of the cylinders.

Boom: NSL: 40 x 25 - 353.5 MSL: 40 x 25 - 311.5
Bucket: NSL: 40 x 25 - 406 MSL: 40 x 25 - 346.5

161 - 180 of 185 Posts