Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everybody,
40 years ago I gave up Farming, but I got itch again now that I retired. Iam mostly doing some pasture recovery and mowing about 1 1/2 acres of lawn. just took delivery of a 1025R and retired my gt235 to my son-in-law. these new machines are really something, no wonder farmers are getting over sticker shock. This site has about the best knowledge available on internet for JD machines ,love reading about you ingenious problem solving and humor. Hat's off to all of you and keep posting please , it really brightens a day.
So far , no probs except some of my old equip is to heavy for my tractor; front end comes up when it hits a bump and doesn't steer right, guess I need front end ballast for some machines. any advice about how much to add??? thanks for reading, have a great week.

P.S.
1025R lifts and pulls 8' spring harrow ,1 bottom plough, and cultivator with no trouble.problem machine is 6' brush hog for steering, seems to have plenty of power for cutting, just can't steer with it up.

·
Premium Member
14,118 Posts
Welcome from Preston County, West Virginia

:wgtt:

Need to add some weight to the front end.

·
Registered
11,758 Posts
Hi everybody,
40 years ago I gave up Farming, but I got itch again now that I retired. Iam mostly doing some pasture recovery and mowing about 1 1/2 acres of lawn. just took delivery of a 1025R and retired my gt235 to my son-in-law. these new machines are really something, no wonder farmers are getting over sticker shock. This site has about the best knowledge available on internet for JD machines ,love reading about you ingenious problem solving and humor. Hat's off to all of you and keep posting please , it really brightens a day.
So far , no probs except some of my old equip is to heavy for my tractor; front end comes up when it hits a bump and doesn't steer right, guess I need front end ballast for some machines. any advice about how much to add??? thanks for reading, have a great week.

P.S.
1025R lifts and pulls 8' spring harrow ,1 bottom plough, and cultivator with no trouble.problem machine is 6' brush hog for steering, seems to have plenty of power for cutting, just can't steer with it up.
welcome from south western Pa. :laugh: :munch: u got any video of ya pulling that 6 ft brush hog?? that's where independent brakes come in to play. u know to steer with:mocking::wgtt: have fun and be safe-ok

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

·
Registered
1,933 Posts

·
Registered
10,284 Posts
:wgtt::thumbup1gif:

·
Registered
11,400 Posts
Welcome from Susquehanna County.

·
Administrator
20,359 Posts

And congrats on your new :greentractorride: :bigthumb:

·
Registered
4,249 Posts

Welcome from New York.

·
Registered
3,196 Posts
Welcome from Ohio. :greentractorride:

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
36,082 Posts
Welcome to GTT fritzi.
I made this and hung it on the front of our JD650. The cut outs in the welded on angle iron were needed to slip by some bolts.
6" x 6" square tube filled with concrete.

Front Weight_1.jpg _ Front Weight2_1.jpg

·
Registered
527 Posts

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,200 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,725 Posts
Welcome from Illinois. I would think a 6ft brush hog would be alittle large. These 1025R will suprise you what they can do. We worked ours hard Monday and it ran like a champ. Good Luck:good2:

·
Registered
4,940 Posts
Welcome from the Willamette Valley of Oregon in the Pacific NW!

Marlin :cowboy:

·
Premium Member
999 Posts

1 - 19 of 19 Posts