Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just watched a video from John Deere introducing the "New Heated Cab for the One Series" Looks like a all glass cab with heat only. No AC. It shows a guy going to plow snow and his keys are gone, The wife shows up with the keys in her pocket and she plows. The funny part i thought was the wife has two keys one red and one black. LOL :lol::lol:

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
This looks like it.

My guess on heat only is that it is fairly passive engine power wise, where with A/C, you have to torn a compressor. It might be too much for 25 hp. :unknown:

Yeah after the cab. Before the cab it was his frozen butt.
Well while he's outside might as well fill the salt spreader. lol

·
Registered
1,973 Posts
You guys are all missing the point...

WHAT ABOUT THAT PLOW!!?!?!!?:unknown:

·
Registered
194 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
Somewhat surprised my dealer didn't even mention this when I ordered me new Tektite last week:unknown:

Edit:

Ahhhh upon further investigation... Not compatible with the backhoe

·
Registered
4,376 Posts
This cab is pretty interesting. "Build your own" indicates a price of $5190.00 and a 55 amp alternator is recommended - $316.64. Pre-2016 1025R machines need a "console adapter kit" for $270.00. Maybe the alternator upgrade is necessary for electric heat? :unknown:

·
Corndog Hater
11,688 Posts
I like all the glass area, helps to lessen that claustrophobic feeling.:good2:

·
Registered
417 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
OKAY....a little too soon to find one on Craigs???? Better start campaigning now for Christmas!

:happy:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Somewhat surprised my dealer didn't even mention this when I ordered me new Tektite last week:unknown:

Edit:

Ahhhh upon further investigation... Not compatible with the backhoe
What the?
Why go through the whole new cab route and not have it be backhoe compatible? :banghead:

·
Registered
515 Posts
This cab is pretty interesting. "Build your own" indicates a price of $5190.00 and a 55 amp alternator is recommended - $316.64. Pre-2016 1025R machines need a "console adapter kit" for $270.00. Maybe the alternator upgrade is necessary for electric heat? :unknown:
Doubt 55amp would be enough for elec heat. I'd figure its for the wipers, blower motor for heater and aux lights. My guess would be a splice into a coolant hose that will go to the heater core

Brett

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
Watching the video and you can see what looks like the rear window will open ,, .:dunno::dunno: So my guess is it would work with BH.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Watching the video and you can see what looks like the rear window will open ,, .:dunno::dunno: So my guess is it would work with BH.

JD specifically calls it out as incompatible with the backhoe.

·
Premium Member
14,735 Posts
JD specifically calls it out as incompatible with the backhoe.
They may say it is incompatible , but looking at the first 2-10 secs of video you can see flip arms mounted on the front windshield so hook can be raised .P Plus lift arms on the back glass ,, so either for ventilation or for BH or for Both..:dunno::dunno: If it isn't doesn't look like it would take much to make it compatible. :dunno:

·
Registered
167 Posts
Can someone send link for this on the JD site? I'm having no luck finding this.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

·
Registered
498 Posts

·
Registered
498 Posts
1 - 20 of 53 Posts