Green Tractor Talk banner

81 - 91 of 91 Posts

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
Glad it worked out and you got it running, thanks for the update.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
So the good news update, after 4 weeks I received a short block from Mastry Engines. It had to travel from Atlanta to Florida to get shipped back to me in Atlanta. I did not like the look of the oil pump and the front gear housing where it lives so after a double overnight shipping that came in on Friday. Fairly smooth assembly after that with a Saturday morning trip to the local JD dealer for an OEM oil filter and to look over a new 1025R to make sure I had routed the wire looms correctly (it’s been 6 weeks since I pulled it). No start for the first 4-5 attempts. Cracked a fuel line and nothing. Out of fuel! +5 gallons, a little fuel line bleeding and it fired up! Happy to run it around just to enjoy the ride.
Glad she is running again...Pics? Vid?

Reactions: Dr Maphesto

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
You did it the right way. Congratulations!

·
Registered
1,616 Posts
It looks next thing to new. I can’t remember if you ever figured what happened to the original engine?

Edit, I saw where you said the oil filter fell off.

·
Premium Member
1,170 Posts
Perfect...Now we now where all the used parts are...On your shelf. (y) :cool:

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
So the good news update, after 4 weeks I received a short block from Mastry Engines. It had to travel from Atlanta to Florida to get shipped back to me in Atlanta. I did not like the look of the oil pump and the front gear housing where it lives so after a double overnight shipping that came in on Friday. Fairly smooth assembly after that with a Saturday morning trip to the local JD dealer for an OEM oil filter and to look over a new 1025R to make sure I had routed the wire looms correctly (it’s been 6 weeks since I pulled it). No start for the first 4-5 attempts. Cracked a fuel line and nothing. Out of fuel! +5 gallons, a little fuel line bleeding and it fired up! Happy to run it around just to enjoy the ride.
If I am reading this correctly, you bought a short block, they one they sent you returned, and they repaired or sent another one?

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
If I am reading this correctly, you bought a short block, they one they sent you returned, and they repaired or sent another one?
I bought a new short block. It doesn't include the gear case/oil pump and when inspecting the old one, it was worn from the oil starvation so I bought a new one. Yanmar will not drop ship to individuals so the parts had to go to FL then back to me in Atlanta.

·
Premium Member
8,783 Posts
I bought a new short block. It doesn't include the gear case/oil pump and when inspecting the old one, it was worn from the oil starvation so I bought a new one. Yanmar will not drop ship to individuals so the parts had to go to FL then back to me in Atlanta.
Thanks for the clarification.

81 - 91 of 91 Posts