Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
1,097 Posts
You will find more uses for these tools but if you squeeze off the rubber fuel line in a discreet place no one is going far with your tractor.

Oh, and welcome to the forum. I have a 2012 5065E among others.

· Registered
1,097 Posts
I can see value in having a tracking device but I'd prefer my tractor didn't leave in the first place.
My first line of defense would be to thwart the theft in the first place. Most thieves are lazy. They will go for easy pickings before they will be bothered with trying to diagnose an engine which will not start or run. Anything you can do to inconvenience a potential thief will help and a combination of things would be even better. Squeezing off a fuel line, removing essential fuses and the starter relay,removing clutch linkage and taking it with you, lifting the primer plunger on the fuel filter housing and leaving it in the up position, disconnect the neutral safety start switch and maybe even adding a steering wheel locking device just for a few examples. Even though they are easily obtainable take the ignition key with you when you leave.
On my 5225 cab tractor if I engage the manual lever for the PTO the engine will not start. The same is true for the power reverser. Flip the lever to forward or reverse and the engine won't start.
Even though you may not have an alarm system you can buy stickers on the net saying "Warning this property is protected by ..........". The thief will at least think twice before entering a building and be nervous, then when the tractor won't start he will give up and run (Hopefully). Parking your tractor sideways in the barn before disabling it might deter someone from going through the trouble of trying to tow the tractor to load it on a trailer. Most thieves are in a hurry to get the job done and get away.
Most importantly talk with your insurance agent and get coverage on your equipment for fire and theft.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.