Green Tractor Talk banner

New owner of a 2018 1025R

3K views 19 replies 15 participants last post by  John Deere 1025R TLB 
#1 ·
Just took delivery of a 1025R with loader, rotary cutter, box blade, rotary tiller and an 18' Big Tex trailer last Thursday. We have just under an acre of pasture, and a little over 1.5 acres of lawn, pond and overgrown woods. Right after everything was delivered, I mowed the pasture and bush hogged the undergrowth in the woods in just over 2 hours.

Bought some light weight clamp-on 42" pallet forks from Amazon for moving brush piles left over from Hurricane Irma, moved everything in just a couple hours time. Bought an Imatch hitch a couple days ago and like that much better than wrestling with the 3-point hitch.

I am thoroughly amazed at how much I was able to do in just under 3.5 hours of run time. This is my first tractor (48" Husky riding mower doesn't count) and I kick myself for not buying one last year when we bought our "ranch".

One minor issue I have noticed and haven't had much time to look into yet, with the transmission in neutral and the parking brake on, the engine won't stay running if I get out of the seat.

Attachments

See less See more
#3 ·
Congrats on the tractor!! You're going to love it!

I love your property!! Sweetie and I are thinking of moving to FL. It looks like house/property prices are still pretty reasonable if you get out in the rural areas away from the main tourist spots. I actually called the County tax people in Suwannee County to find out what the taxes were on a property I found on Zillow. Well under $1000 per year!! That sounds pretty sweet compared to the $6,000 per year that we pay here. The sales tax rate was also less than we're paying here. If I could only get high-speed internet out in the sticks, I'd be down there. Need a good connection to do my job.

Keep us all posted on the projects you use the tractor for!! :good2:

Oh, and WELCOME TO GREEN TRACTOR TALK!!

#10 ·
Thank you, we were so lucky to find this place just down the road from where we used to live, tucked back in the woods of an old tree nursery. We are in Clay county just south of Jacksonville, property taxes are reasonable around here, lots of space the further south in the county you go. I grew up in Michigan, thank goodness the Navy brought me down here decades ago. I don't miss winter a bit, although we did have a few nights below freezing last month. :lolol:

#4 ·
Congrats, that's a nice set up you have there. :good2:

#6 ·
One minor issue I have noticed and haven't had much time to look into yet, with the transmission in neutral and the parking brake on, the engine won't stay running if I get out of the seat.
Mine does. I'm assuming the PTO is not engaged?

#7 · (Edited)
Congrats on the new tractor! It should stay running. Make sure you see the red parking brake light on the dash display (lower right) so you know the brake is really set.

#8 ·
Do you have removable loading ramps on your trailer? What do you pull your trailer with?

Reactions: greenharley
#9 ·
Hi, since I wanted the rotary tiller on top of their standard package, the dealer offered the larger trailer for an additional $350. It does have removable loading ramps that store on each side at the back. I had the dealer deliver it to the house since I don't have a tow package on my tired old F150 yet. Didn't trust the bumper hitch for the two mile ride from the dealer.

#11 ·
Thanks for the replies on the seat, I'll take a look tonight and make sure the brake light is illuminating on the dash. PTO has been off, neutral selected, and parking brake set...engine dies every time. Not opposed to adding a jumper wire if need be.

Reactions: Levi
#12 ·
Congrats on tractor ,

#17 ·
If I remember correctly, you can engage the rear PTO while OFF the seat and it will operate. However, if on the seat when engaging the rear PTO and then getting off, it'll die. To me, that is a prudent safety feature.

Reactions: kylew
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.