Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
2021 1025R 120R loader 60D 7-Iron Mid-Mount deck. 2006 X500 54in deck. 2048 brush hog
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, Well after waiting 2weeks I'm the proud new owner of a 2021 1025R ! Took off the loader, drove it around the yard a bit! Beautiful! All right let's get to work! Idled down to 1500 engaged the mid-pto, throttled up to about [email protected] the pto and started mowing. Beautiful! Noticed it's cutting a bit lower than the old X500,raised it up to 3 3/4, mowed for about an hour.
Got into a rough spot (uneven)that I have mowed with the X500 hundreds of times, and all of a sudden it started vibrating like crazy! then clattering! Shut off the pto immediately! Loaded it on the trailer and took it to the dealership, wish me luck! 馃槅馃槩馃槩 P.S. 1.4 hours on the meter!

Registered
Welcome from Wisconsin.

That's a heck of a way to start out on your new machine. Let us know the outcome of your issue.

Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
Welcome to GTT from SE PA! Good luck on the fix, sound like a spindle might have come loose, hopefully an easy and QUICK fix!

Registered
2021 1025R 120R loader 60D 7-Iron Mid-Mount deck. 2006 X500 54in deck. 2048 brush hog
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Welcome to GTT from SE PA! Good luck on the fix, sound like a spindle might have come loose, hopefully an easy and QUICK fix!
I could see part of the pto laying on the deck,Not Good! I had half a notion to drive off the deck and take a look, but being it only had 1.4 hours on it, I figured I'd take it straight to the dealership. My guess is cheap china u-joints..

Registered
Welcome to GTT from NE Illinois. At only 1.4 hrs - hopefully it's not too bad - something wasn't tightened up at predelivery inspection?

Premium Member
Early 2017 Vintage 1025R TLB (260/H120)
I could see part of the pto laying on the deck,Not Good! I had half a notion to drive off the deck and take a look, but being it only had 1.4 hours on it, I figured I'd take it straight to the dealership. My guess is cheap china u-joints..
That doesn't sound good, or like the problem that I figured (I was thinking easy/basic) that sounds like autoconnect failure. Keep us posted. Be sure to check the deck and underside of the tractor once it's returned for any damage/scaring from what might have been a spinning and flapping PTO shaft.

Premium Member
Welcome Good Luck it is something small.

Registered
Welcome from mid Michigan. Hope they find the problem quickly, ask for a loaner to cut grass.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Welcome and assuming the clatter went away when the mid-PTO was disengaged.
Yes stopped immediately, I didn't take it apart, but looked like the male part of the slip yoke laying on the deck. I figured just take it to the dealer and let them deal with it @ 1.4 hours.

Registered
Male part is a sleeve over the input shaft of the MMM gearbox. If not changed for the later models, it is held in place by 2 Allen set screws, which can work loose. The tractor side of the PTO shaft is female, both ends. Please post back what the dealer finds. Thanks and hope the tractor comes home quickly.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Male part is a sleeve over the input shaft of the MMM gearbox. If not changed for the later models, it is held in place by 2 Allen set screws, which can work loose. The tractor side of the PTO shaft is female, both ends. Please post back what the dealer finds. Thanks and hope the tractor comes home quickly.
I definitely will and hopefully get a picture or diagram where I can show what happened. The mechanic moved me up the list as he has never seen this before, so hopefully tomorrow. I will find out more

Registered
Wow not good. Let us know what outcome is.
Welcome to Gtt from the Mitten

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.