Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2015 1025R
142 Posts
Welcome from Canada! I'm going to take a wild guess - MMM PTO bearing came out of the housing because the retaining washer was installed on the wrong side....
Hopefully they fix ya up.

Reactions: Kip Ford

·
Registered
2015 1025R
142 Posts
Hey Kip,
Next time you're under the tractor looking at the PTO shaft.... your future self will thank you.... Move Item 8, or add a washer to the bearing side to help retain the bearing from coming out of the housing.
If the MMM PTO is engaged, these bearings can/could be pulled out while disconnecting, or banged out if your not aligned when connecting.
This happened to me in the past, and I added a washer to help myself from crawling under and hammering the bearing back into the housing.
Another good trick when connecting and disconnecting is to adjust the PTO engagement to the rear function, to allow the PTO to freely rotate so it can set itself when connecting the mower.
There is a sweet spot to setting up these mower decks, and once you get it set up right... the auto connect is very convenient. If its not set up right, it can be a Pita.
Get familiar with the owners manual on leveling and set up.
Cheers and enjoy your machine!

Font Line Auto part Engineering Circle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.