1,713 Posts
Welcome from NW SD.

rob

Reactions: Kip Ford

·
Registered
5,993 Posts
Welcome from Central Ohio!

Hopefully they will get it fixed quickly so you can enjoy an incredible machine.

·
Premium Member
814 Posts
Welcome from NE Pennsylvania.

·
Registered
2015 1025R
150 Posts
Welcome from Canada! I'm going to take a wild guess - MMM PTO bearing came out of the housing because the retaining washer was installed on the wrong side....
Hopefully they fix ya up.

·
Registered
2015 1025R
150 Posts
Hey Kip,
Next time you're under the tractor looking at the PTO shaft.... your future self will thank you.... Move Item 8, or add a washer to the bearing side to help retain the bearing from coming out of the housing.
If the MMM PTO is engaged, these bearings can/could be pulled out while disconnecting, or banged out if your not aligned when connecting.
This happened to me in the past, and I added a washer to help myself from crawling under and hammering the bearing back into the housing.
Another good trick when connecting and disconnecting is to adjust the PTO engagement to the rear function, to allow the PTO to freely rotate so it can set itself when connecting the mower.
There is a sweet spot to setting up these mower decks, and once you get it set up right... the auto connect is very convenient. If its not set up right, it can be a Pita.
Get familiar with the owners manual on leveling and set up.
Cheers and enjoy your machine!

Font Line Auto part Engineering Circle

·
Registered
3,480 Posts
Got it back from the dealership today! No charge! Snap ring was missing that holds the bearing in the auto connect!
Glad it was an easy fix & now your back in business. 👍

·
Registered
2021 1025R 120R loader 60D 7-Iron Mid-Mount deck. 2006 X500 54in deck. 2048 brush hog
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Hey Kip,
Next time you're under the tractor looking at the PTO shaft.... your future self will thank you.... Move Item 8, or add a washer to the bearing side to help retain the bearing from coming out of the housing.
If the MMM PTO is engaged, these bearings can/could be pulled out while disconnecting, or banged out if your not aligned when connecting.
This happened to me in the past, and I added a washer to help myself from crawling under and hammering the bearing back into the housing.
Another good trick when connecting and disconnecting is to adjust the PTO engagement to the rear function, to allow the PTO to freely rotate so it can set itself when connecting the mower.
There is a sweet spot to setting up these mower decks, and once you get it set up right... the auto connect is very convenient. If its not set up right, it can be a Pita.
Get familiar with the owners manual on leveling and set up.
Cheers and enjoy your machine!

View attachment 805179
Will do Matt, thanks for the advice!

·
Registered
2021 1025R 120R loader 60D 7-Iron Mid-Mount deck. 2006 X500 54in deck. 2048 brush hog
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
Thanks All for the welcome! Got her home and mowed for 3 straight hours no more buyers remorse! Cheers🍻

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hello everyone, Well after waiting 2weeks I'm the proud new owner of a 2021 1025R ! Took off the loader, drove it around the yard a bit! Beautiful! All right let's get to work! Idled down to 1500 engaged the mid-pto, throttled up to about [email protected] the pto and started mowing. Beautiful! Noticed it's cutting a bit lower than the old X500,raised it up to 3 3/4, mowed for about an hour.
Got into a rough spot (uneven)that I have mowed with the X500 hundreds of times, and all of a sudden it started vibrating like crazy! then clattering! Shut off the pto immediately! Loaded it on the trailer and took it to the dealership, wish me luck! 😆😢😢 P.S. 1.4 hours on the meter!

·
Registered
3 Posts
Will do Matt, thanks for the advice!
Hello Kip,
I have a 2019 , 1025r that has been down for almost 8 weeks , I had lost all hydraulic functions after only 26 hrs in two years . low hours and the screen was pugged solid . Not sure when i will be getting it back . So I wish you a lot of luck . As far as I am concerned the JD warranty is worthless if it takes this long to get my tractor back .

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Hello Kip,
I have a 2019 , 1025r that has been down for almost 8 weeks , I had lost all hydraulic functions after only 26 hrs in two years . low hours and the screen was pugged solid . Not sure when i will be getting it back . So I wish you a lot of luck . As far as I am concerned the JD warranty is worthless if it takes this long to get my tractor back .
Oh man not good, hoping you get it back soon! Mine has been working flawlessly since.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.