Green Tractor Talk banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I picked up the BLV10882 kit from my dealer today, dual rear SCVs for the 2032/2038R. Opened the kit when I got home, found the new cover for the right hand controls was scratched up and had corners shaved off from being thrown into the kit with a bunch of metal parts with no protection. Then pulled the 4 black metal brackets out, and there isn't one among them that isn't scratched somewhere down to the base metal. At what point would you accept this as just how it is due to JDs poor packaging, and when would you take it back and request a different kit?

·
Premium Member
Tator
16,435 Posts
At what point would you accept this as just how it is due to JDs poor packaging
Not sure what I would do exactly in this situation. I do know when I picked up the mulch kit for my 60D when I had my 2025R there wasn't much left of the box, some of the pieces had a few scratches, but it was a mulch kit so I lived with it.

·
Premium Member
18,028 Posts
For me ,, its going on a tractor. Yes should complain to dealer , , would I take it back to the dealer .. Probably not.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I can touch up the paint, that's irritating to me, but I can do it. I can't fix the plastic that is in one of the most visible spots on the machine. This is really on JD doing an exceptionally poor job on packaging, but I'm not sure I want to be accepting their laziness on this one.

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Hit em up for some John Deere swag, a new hat, shirt, and metal sign, ought to make ya feel a little better.

·
Registered
818 Posts
Not to hijack your thread or whine but so far with my 4 days of new JD tractor ownership the one thing I do see is that JD has very sloppy cosmetic quality control.

PJR, when I picked up the mulch kit for my 54HC it was a bunch of new and beat up parts thrown into a generic used "Uline" kind of shipping box from an incoming shipment of some sort. The blades were new in a box but all the other parts were loose and had evidence of just being thrown around from one place to another.

Fast forward to new tractor. Loader top has a huge gouge in it, one of the back reflector tapes has a large white tear in the backing layer... and there are a few other signs of shoddy assembly or transportation like the grill assembly having two rust spots already in the corners where the metal was folded during the stamping.

The "new" AP10F forks I got tonight look like a teenager prepped and painted/powdercoated them.

I know it's a tractor and is destined to a life of being ridden hard and put away wet.

But it wasn't free. I'd have expected a tad more pride in the workmanship of "America's Tractor".

·
Registered
818 Posts
I can touch up the paint, that's irritating to me, but I can do it. I can't fix the plastic that is in one of the most visible spots on the machine. This is really on JD doing an exceptionally poor job on packaging, but I'm not sure I want to be accepting their laziness on this one.
My feeling is if I want chit scratched and beat up I'll do it myself.

No excuse for sloppy packaging.

·
Premium Member
6,073 Posts
Looks like someone did that on a Friday and got their nose ring stuck in a few places. Im in the keep it but get some swag or rebate outta it camp. Dont waste anymore time worrying about it and go play with yhour new toy

·
Registered
1,175 Posts
If it was 10% the price they charge I wouldn't care but we pay a PREMIUM for JD stuff, we should expect the quality/finish to reflect that premium. I understand it's a tractor and for sure, if that was at my dealer for installation prior to delivery to a customer, they wouldn't even flinch at putting those on. If it bugs you, have the dealer exchange them.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
....im of the camp ...its a tractor use it and go on........but after some thought JD parts are extremely expensive mostly because of the "green" paint....so .....i think i am in the camp now of you deserve a discount since your "green" paint you paid so much for is marred

·
Premium Member
8,675 Posts
That's what gals me, this is a $1000 kit right now, JD is the premium tractor brand; if they want to be a premium brand, they should act like it by spending the few dollars it would cost to package parts correctly.
I would certainly bring it it to there attention. Look at it this way they would not accept it from their supplier like that. In fact they would send the whole batch back to their supplier to sort for them. It’s your choice on returning it but I would certainly take it back to them to see what they are putting out.

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
Is that the way it came from the factory, or was that packaged by a dealer? Often when parts are ordered, they actually just get transferred from one dealer or location to another.

Reactions: Jimmy Walker

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Is that the way it came from the factory, or was that packaged by a dealer? Often when parts are ordered, they actually just get transferred from one dealer or location to another.
It was boxed up as a kit, I don't believe it had been opened before

·
Registered
13,346 Posts
It was boxed up as a kit, I don't believe it had been opened before
The angle kit for my quick hitch was a kit, and nicely packed in a JD box, but it was put together by the dealer that sent it to me from parts in stock.

Does the box have the kit number and a barcode on it? It should have also had a green order slip taped to the outside if it came from a distribution warehouse as is.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
The angle kit for my quick hitch was a kit, and nicely packed in a JD box, but it was put together by the dealer that sent it to me from parts in stock.

Does the box have the kit number and a barcode on it? It should have also had a green order slip taped to the outside if it came from a distribution warehouse as is.
The sticker with the kit number and bar code are on the box, not seeing a green slip, they happened to have this on hand when I called them, so I'm not sure how it came to them.

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Looked at the rest of the kit a little closer this morning, the hard lines are worn on too, I'm going to take it back

·
Registered
2021 X738
53 Posts
Absolutely take it back, especially considering what they charge for them.

Reactions: The Satch
1 - 20 of 25 Posts