Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Administrator
18,520 Posts
Wow very cool! Can’t wait to see the pictures of it on your machine, speaking of which what do you have?

·
Premium Member
9,360 Posts
Very, very nice and an outstanding machine...:bigthumb::bigthumb:

What size tractor are you putting this on?

Did you have much of a wait for it?

On their website, they show much of their stuff "shipping in 1 to 2 weeks"

·
Bonehead Club Lackey
10,279 Posts
Very nice!! That hangs out the back a bit. One of the best I've seen yet. :bigthumb:

More then my tractor can handle from the looks of it. :munch:

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry for the delay. Finally got time yesterday to mount it on my 4052R. Had to remove the quick hitch as it’s not compatible. Forgot how heavy those are. Also had to remove the top and tilt, as the rear SCVs are needed for the extension and tilt on the flail. Hoping to think through a diverter setup that allows both to stay mounted.

Folks at Iowa Farm Equipment were very helpful, and the mower was in stock, shipped within a day of my check arriving.

I’ll take some more pictures today, it’s heavy, but seems stable and the tractor definitely seems to have all the power needed to drive it.

I got the duckfoot blades as I am maintaining roadside ditches, forest trails, and very little actual grass.

I will need to operate it some to really figure it out. Last night I had the cold sweat of doubt whe I was looking at it mounted. My wife asked, “Did I overdo it?” I told her if I did I would find a GTT member looking for a slightly used flail.

This morning all I see is stuff that needs a flailin....

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
I will need to operate it some to really figure it out. Last night I had the cold sweat of doubt when I was looking at it mounted. My wife asked, “Did I overdo it?” I told her if I did I would find a GTT member looking for a slightly used flail.

This morning all I see is stuff that needs a flailin....
:lolol:

Very nice!

Some pictures of it mounted on the tractor would be nice..............please.

:kidw_truck_smiley:

·
Premium Member
10,147 Posts
Thanks for the pictures. :good2:

That looks like an awesome piece of equipment.

I am going to have to look up the spec's on that and see if there is one compatible with my 3039R. It looks like the cat's meow for banks, slopes and ditches which i have plenty of.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is a 60” cut.

I like it so far, had to set the roller and skids to a lower height so that it would cut a bit better. Big difference in quality of cut.

I also had to change the tilt to the other SCV, as only one has float, and it won’t dig up the ground in float.

The build quality is impressive. It has gobbled up some rocks and not a scratch in the paint underneath the deck.

It will take some getting used to using it.

One thing I can’t figure out is the cap on the gearbox. I filled it up with a liter of gear oil as it ships dry, and it spit out a bunch. I thought it might be a vented cap, but I’m thinking it may also just have been overfilled.

I was worried the duckfeet would not have a nice enough cut quality for the regular grass, but it cuts better than my 7 iron deck used to.

·
Registered
95 Posts
I like your side mower, how is it working for you. Do you think the mower is built to handle the abuse these type mowers will receive? I am on the fence with the sigma MLE160 and your Peruzzo. Barry

·
Registered
203 Posts
Nice flail!

‘17 1025r w/FEL
(2) 80 JD carts
18 JD cart
Land Pride 4’ land plane
Land Pride 1258 tiller
Land Pride FDR 1660
Frontier ss1023 broadcast spreader
Victory EF155 flail mower