Green Tractor Talk banner
781 - 800 of 865 Posts

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
17,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #782 ·
What ya got to protect this area from someone bashing it with a hammer? 😁
That is what designers and architects call, Character. (y)

That looks like a I don't want to climb back down the ladder and cut it shorter, so I'll beat it in board.
It was done for a purpose.
Electric blue Font Event Building Art

The truth is, the head of the toe-nailed screw that anchors the stud to the floor was sticking out a bit, so I forced it into place. I figured, "What the heck. I'll just beat it in place. Everything else looks Rustic." ;)

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
I still have a Jib Crane on the drawing board.

3 minutes ago.
View attachment 813275
I don't know why I haven't been on Mikes thread in a long time but now catching up I have to make a comment; Mike is the Monty Python black Knight,, that's only a flesh wound! Looking good on the build Michael.. (y)

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
That is what designers and architects call, Character. (y)

It was done for a purpose.
View attachment 813356

The truth is, the head of the toe-nailed screw that anchors the stud to the floor was sticking out a bit, so I forced it into place. I figured, "What the heck. I'll just beat it in place. Everything else looks Rustic." ;)
I've seen many, many half moons and on finish work!! :oops: And I've also called many architects and designers Characters too!

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
17,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #785 ·
that's only a flesh wound! (y)
Other than my family and my beer, there are a lot of things I live for. Although, on the bottom of the list is pain. Not the pain that comes with growing old. The injury type of pain. It's not that I seek it. To me, it's like the attach of an opponent towards me. I don't retreat, I take it on. I feel it makes me a stronger person. I very seldom have injuries taken care of by medial personnel.
When I was employed and had a work-related injury; and another worker was present, it was reported and I had to seek medical treatment(company policy). Of course, there were quite a few times when I was alone on a job and didn't report it; and handled it on my own.

·
Premium Member
6,558 Posts
Other than my family and my beer, there are a lot of things I live for. Although, on the bottom of the list is pain. Not the pain that comes with growing old. The injury type of pain. It's not that I seek it. To me, it's like the attach of an opponent towards me. I don't retreat, I take it on. I feel it makes me a stronger person. I very seldom have injuries taken care of by medial personnel.
When I was employed and had a work-related injury; and another worker was present, it was reported and I had to seek medical treatment(company policy). Of course, there were quite a few times when I was alone on a job and didn't report it; and handled it on my own.
Like I said,, the Black Knight! Like myself, I hardly ever sought out medical attention. As long as I had duct tape, electricians tape and a razor knife, I was all set and believe me I've had enough stitches to know when I'm licked! I even got whacked on the first hole at a golf course when this guy let his driver go and I got hit under my right eye and the side of my head, never saw it coming,,, That needed stitches and to this day I still have the scare in my hair line and under my eye.. Bled like a pig!
Pain doesn't really bother me and I'm one of those people who doesn't really feel pain.. When I broke my leg the second time my doctor told me I'm trouble because I didn't feel any pain with my leg completely broken in half just above my ankle as he stated, I could actually hurt it while in a cast and never feel it.. Like my mom used to say, no brain no pain!!! Even as a kid I didn't feel pain... It's not a great thing I guess.. Getting whacked and hit with yard sticks or switches never hurt and that just pissed her off even more because I didn't cry! Got in a lot of fights too back in those days! Black eyes, bloody noses,, nope, never hurt so go back for more!!

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
17,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #787 · (Edited)
Three 14’ sheets are up and many to go.
Property Wood Curtain Interior design Architecture

I’ll stop here for now. I have enough room to relocate the access stairway. After that’s done, I plan to cut the opening for the south barn door.
After that door is complete, I’ll be able to move the 40 out of the garage and into the shop. Pat will be happy with that.😊
Once the concrete ramp is poured for the south door, I’ll be able to roll my toolboxes into the shop also.👍

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
17,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #788 ·
I worked on the stairway brackets yesterday and this morning.

I didn't want the wood to touch the floor, because I plan to pressure wash it now and then, so I built a metal foot for the first step. I still have a mid-way support to build, which will come later.
Wood Composite material Gas Hardwood Natural material

Wood Rectangle Keyboard Floor Wood stain

I caulked where the treads meet the stringers and will sand and prime the stairway this afternoon. I'll try to paint it tomorrow, if I get time. :unsure:

Property Wood Interior design Floor Flooring

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
17,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #794 ·
What do some of the signs say?
I stuck these up there to see what it’ll look like. I have many signs to hang in the shopping.
Wood Building Floor Flooring Font

Font Gas Signage Poster Urban design

Motor vehicle Font Rectangle Gas Signage

Sleeve Grey Font Sportswear Bag

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
17,555 Posts
Discussion Starter · #796 ·

·
Premium Member
7,141 Posts

·
Registered
5,225 Posts
Love the sign "This place is politically incorrect".
Baked goods Font Art Happy Smile

·
Registered
6,476 Posts
One of the first signs I made was for the old shop. My sign making skills have improved since then.

Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Handwriting Vehicle

781 - 800 of 865 Posts