Green Tractor Talk banner

121 - 140 of 184 Posts

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Those laser screed buggies can really tear up a subgrade in the wrong hands. Are they pulling up the rebar as they go? Looks like it’s laying on the ground
The guy in the shorts was really good. He was on them all the time about pulling up the rebar and then watched to make sure they were doing it right. It was only 112 yards, way smoother than a highway. Trick is, ya gotta feed them. Fire up the grill, nothing fancy. Soda and water in the cooler with beer visible in the bottom.

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
Those laser screed buggies can really tear up a subgrade in the wrong hands. Are they pulling up the rebar as they go? Looks like it’s laying on the ground
The guy in the shorts was really good. He was on them all the time about pulling up the rebar and then watched to make sure they were doing it right. It was only 112 yards, way smoother than a highway. Trick is, ya gotta feed them. Fire up the grill, nothing fancy. Soda and water in the cooler with beer visible in the bottom.
I don't want to second guess here but as Kbar stated; it does not appear the rebar is being pulled up at all,, the cement has no sign of the bar in it and it's smooth not to far back, it appears to be going right over it.. Does that machine lift the bar also?
Maybe the picture just doesn't show it but just in case,, keep this picture..

When we hired the jail work team we had to feed them too,, no beer! but, they had a lot of freedom to go about their business painting etc. and they used to go outside and grab a joint or whatever from the dumpster! They had friends that would leave the stuff for them.. The guards never followed them around. These are drunk drivers, husbands that owe alimony etc.. no hard core guys. We knew what they were doing and the guards basically let them do what they wanted as long as they minded whatever he said to do.

·
Registered
5,742 Posts
Not a concern, I was there, they were pulling it up.

·
Premium Member
5,506 Posts
fancy schmancy way of permitting! Have fun with the cement..

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
Very Unpredictable Disposition
14,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #126 ·
Jeffro,
That’s only the paperwork stating it has passed. I received the building permit a couple months ago.

Here it is as of today.
Four 10’x17.5’ sections.

200’ of rebar for the floor will be delivered tomorrow. Once I set the rebar in place, it’ll be ready for concrete.
I called the concrete company, line-pump company and my finisher a few minutes ago. All is synchronized for Friday at daylight.

P.S.
No injuries occurred today (so far).

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
I don't want to second guess here but as Kbar stated; it does not appear the rebar is being pulled up at all,,
Agreed. How can one pull up the rebar with a machine on top of it. Would have been better off with fiber using a machine like that.

·
Corndog Hater
12,549 Posts
Jeffro,
That’s only the paperwork stating it has passed. I received the building permit a couple months ago.

Here it is as of today.
Four 10’x17.5’ sections.
View attachment 778160
200’ of rebar for the floor will be delivered tomorrow. Once I set the rebar in place, it’ll be ready for concrete.
I called the concrete company, line-pump company and my finisher a few minutes ago. All is synchronized for Friday at daylight.

P.S.
No injuries occurred today (so far).
Look at the view out the back to the pond! That's going to be one nice boat house you're building:ROFLMAO:🚢⛴⚓

Just watch where you drop the anchor, wink, wink:sneaky::ROFLMAO::cool:

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
14,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #131 ·
Last chance for any (underslab) work.
Pest(especially Termite) treatment is done. Permethrin SFR
Grounding is done by building installer.
Conduit for power-feed to breaker panel is scheduled for tomorrow.
No floor heat needed. (sub-tropical SE Louisiana)
No pit, no drains needed.

·
Senior GTT Super Slacker
40,542 Posts
flyweight, You need some little girl for foot prints and date.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
Looks good (y) Nice to see the rebar chairs to keep it off the ground.

·
Premium Member
3,407 Posts
I've used the cheap concrete blocks before but one could argue they don't have the same psi strength as the concrete around it. I used welded wire in the flat and rebar in the turndown on my shop. The blocks were nice because they didn't move.

IMG_20170422_170548933.jpg

IMG_20170422_170540457.jpg

·
Premium Member
4,435 Posts
What’s that square deal in there? Beer cellar hatch?

·
Chief Stick-picker-upper
14,301 Posts
Discussion Starter · #140 ·
What’s that square deal in there? Beer cellar hatch?

Not a chance.

I started building the water well access cover frame yesterday and completed it today. It's 3/4" x 3/4" angle. It attaches to the top of the water well access box. I'll have a 1/2" steel plate cut to fit the inside. The top of the angle iron and plate will be level with the shop slab floor.

Still waiting for the weather to cooperate to clean out the footings and install the rebar and wire, in preparation of inspection.

View attachment 776512

View attachment 776510

View attachment 776509

View attachment 776508

121 - 140 of 184 Posts