Green Tractor Talk banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Picked up my new RB2060 blade after work today!!!:yahoo:
I'll get some picks on here maybe tonight. I could have waited to post this until I had the pictures taken, but I had an extra minute and couldn't wait to tell everybody! :laugh:
One thing I was afraid of though. When I got home with it I backed on the trailer and hooked it up to unload it but I don't have enough height to drive off the trailer with gate. I haven't tried pulling on yet but I'm guessing it may not work either. The only reason I think it might work is the back of the trailer squats down pretty far when pulling it on. It maybe just enough to work.

My other thought is the lift arms that that pull up the lower 3pt hitch arms have an extra hole above where the are pinned on currently. The hole is smaller but I thought I could drill it out to the correct size and and lower the lift arms to those holes. Which should give me several more inches of lift. The only problem I for see with this in the top link might raise to high and hit the back fender under the seat.

What are your thoughts?

·
Registered
892 Posts
I have the same blade, they are very well built. Congrats!

Anything you can do to lengthen lowers and shorten upper should get that thing up higher.

My 3005 put the blade within 1" of the ground when pulling up on my 25' deck over gooseneck trailer. It even has a 10 ft ramp...

Jim

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
I bought a shorter length top link at TSC for my 2305. Makes a difference, thread in all the way to load/unload then thread back to where u want it for working..

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Congratulations! New toys are great.

Sounds like you have an "upgrade opportunity". :dance:

Can you say top-n-tilt.....:good2:

I've got the same problem with the blade I have. First solution was to buy box blade and sell rear blade...... That hasn't worked, at least the sell the blade part. The buy the box blade worked great..

My next solution is to buy a FEL and a set of Artillian forks. That way I can put it on any darn trailer I want! :nunu:

Then I'll work on buying the power beyond and rear SCV for the top n tilt and then I can get through a low spot in the yard without bottoming out the blade. :munch:

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
663 Posts
Congratulations! New toys are great.

Sounds like you have an "upgrade opportunity". :dance:

Can you say top-n-tilt.....:good2:

I've got the same problem with the blade I have. First solution was to buy box blade and sell rear blade...... That hasn't worked, at least the sell the blade part. The buy the box blade worked great..

My next solution is to buy a FEL and a set of Artillian forks. That way I can put it on any darn trailer I want! :nunu:

Then I'll work on buying the power beyond and rear SCV for the top n tilt and then I can get through a low spot in the yard without bottoming out the blade. :munch:
Keep me in mind when you get to this point. I can probably save you some $$$ over the JD OEM kits.:good2:

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Keep me in mind when you get to this point. I can probably save you some $$$ over the JD OEM kits.:good2:
Thanks. Buy the time I get to this point I won't have that much left...:nunu:

I was originally going to put a hydraulic cylinder on the blade for tilt, but then I saw your add for the top-n-tilt and that seems a lot more useful.

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Still waiting on those pictures....:munch:

Have you got a chance to try it out yet? Maybe you'll get some snow put of this storm...

·
Fit Rite Hydraulics
663 Posts
Thanks. Buy the time I get to this point I won't have that much left...:nunu:

I was originally going to put a hydraulic cylinder on the blade for tilt, but then I saw your add for the top-n-tilt and that seems a lot more useful.
Yes, better to have the hydraulic tilt on the hitch and have it to use with ALL implements vs just on an implement and only good for that single unit.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Were expected to get 4" of rain the rest of the day and no snow. Bummer. Although with this much rain I can tell I will be using it to clean out the ditch along the road! She is getting pretty backed up! I'll go out to the garage and get some picks this afternoon. Sorry for the delay weather pretty much sucks here and I REALLY want to try that blade out!

·
Registered
892 Posts
We're 'supposed' to get 7-8 inches tonight/tomorrow. ;)

Jim

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Snow? Or Rain?

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts
Were expected to get 4" of rain the rest of the day and no snow. Bummer. Although with this much rain I can tell I will be using it to clean out the ditch along the road! She is getting pretty backed up! I'll go out to the garage and get some picks this afternoon. Sorry for the delay weather pretty much sucks here and I REALLY want to try that blade out!
I figured it was cold enough in so. iN for this mess to be snow once it got to you. It is almost 70 here and nothing but rain and since we are pretty much flat as a pancake it all becomes mud.

My shop floor is soaking wet - the concrete was cold and the warm humid air has caused it to condensate.

I hate this global warming crap!

·
Registered
892 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,030 Posts
Sounds like you bought a nice blade.

56 just a few min ago when we came in from Christmas Church Program suppose to get only .5-1" of rain here. Pittsburgh area 1-3" of rain.

First day of winter,,, not wanting to see the last day of winter.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
It's been in the 50's hear all day. It's not suppose to cool down until Monday. We have already had 4" of rain and they just said we could get an additional 2" over night! Not tho mention they brought some pretty nasty storms through. They are saying snow on the 30th so maybe I'll get to try it out.

·
Registered
124 Posts
IDK what your blade looks like. However when I bought my blade from TSC I had similar problems with it for my 2305. After some head scratching this is what I came up with.

Picture 015.jpg

I was going to weld those lower brackets in place. However they fit pretty tight to the hole and the supports. They only wiggled a lil bit then seemed to stay in place pretty good so I never did weld them.

Reactions: etcallhome

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Finally the long awaited picture!:thumbup1gif:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
10,109 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
RB2060 Pivot Bolt

Speaking of the RB2060 blade, has anyone had issues with the main pivot bolt constantly coming loose? If so, what was your fix? I talking about the largest bolt in the middle that allows one to rotate the blade left or right.
I had a couple thoughts, everything from Loktight to drilling a hole for a sub-screw to prevent the main bolt from rotating out. Anyone with experience on this?

• :greentractorride:
Thanks
Glen
Calgary Alberta

1 - 19 of 19 Posts